The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Was there before the market opened.

Saw the lady preparing her stall for the day..

Very good, Rayyan :thumbs:

Lloyd, lovely colour and detail in your skiing shots. I've always been afraid of blowing highlights with snow. You seem to have solved that problem :)

Lloyd

Lloyd, lovely colour and detail in your skiing shots. I've always been afraid of blowing highlights with snow. You seem to have solved that problem :)
Thanks Jorgen. I was fortunate that it was overcast that day so I didn't have any hotspots on the snow to contend with. I've shot a lot of nordic skiing, and it can definitely be a problem.

rayyan

And what a beautiful lady... this one speaks a whole lot to me. This is great, Rayyan.
Corlan, very grateful to you sir.

I really like this one, Rayyan. Something about the moment.

And the color is spot on perfect. Nicely done for sure.
Lloyd, you are a very generous man. Luck has a lot to do with it.

Thats Old School Concentration & Hard Work! Much Respect on Both Sides Of The Lens!

Beaming Color! Love The Guy's Shirt In The Lower Right Hand Corner!:)
Steve, yes sir. She commanded respect. A lovely lady indeed. As to the T-shirt of the guide, it seems that was a present given by one of his customers!

Very good, Rayyan :thumbs:
Jorgen, a very big thanks.

Gentlemen, much best regards to you all. Thank you.:salute:

m_driscoll

Thanks all.

Matt, it's a Honda Jazz. In Japan it's a Honda Fit.
There's actually a funny story behind that: They originally planned to call it Honda Fitta, when some polite soul made them aware of the fact that "Fitta" is Norwegian slang for women's genetials. So they changed it to Jazz and Fit. Not sure if that increased or decreased their sales potential in Norway :ROTFL:
Jorgen: Automobile names! A Nissan "Leaf" is coming to America. :ROTFL:

Rayyan,Strong Color,Contrast & Image! Powerful On Both Sides!
Rayyan: +1! Beautifully done. :thumbup:

Thanks Rayyan, Steve, Lloyd!

I finally got my hands on a Zeiss 100mm ZF.2 macro. Yahoo baby! This lens is the sweetest thing I've held since I was 16! This shot doesn't do it justice, but I had to post something since I only received the lens yesterday and have fallen hard for it.

Tim: Extremely nice! Color and focus are superb. :thumbup:

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few more from the Bryce Canyon Winter Festival. These from the Ski Archery Race. This is the kid's race, and these kids are intense competitors!
Their technique might not always be the best, but they are intense all the same.
Lloyd: I especially like the composition and the moment you caught here. :thumbup:

Was there before the market opened.
Saw the lady preparing her stall for the day..
Why are we stopping here, asked Aria. ( my guide, driver and friend )
To have coffee and maybe lunch, I said.
But we just had breakfast, and it is only 0900 hrs.
Well in that case, I said, we just sit, relax and watch.
But you came here to take photographs, we are wasting time, protested Aria.
No, I said. I came to learn, have fun and take photographs. Why don't you take some photos of the ladies Aria. I taught you how to use the camera.
Aria went away with the camera, none too happy.
We had lunch. Let's go Aria, I said. Where? Hotel, I said. I am tired.
But we did not take any pictures today. A day wasted, he said.
No, I said. I learnt a lot Aria. In three hours, 25 cars stopped here. Their guides parked their cars. Everyone got out. Walked about. Took photos.
So, Aria, this is not the place for me to take photos of the rice fields from.
Tomorrow, we shall find another place, where we do not have cars stopping..
except ours. And Aria, I shall sleep in the back now.
Rayyan: You're like a character out of a novel. I can't figure out which one, though. Proust's? Your posted photographs and words create a unique persona. Please continue with the delineation.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A little bit of Waikiki Beach surfing. Not exactly the Banzai Pipeline. Clearly 450mm equivalent isn't enough! Note: I wasn't paying much attention to the ISO setting. These aren't anything special. I'm only posting them for those of you with 2' of snow outside your door. :ROTFL:

1. D7000; 28-300mm; 300mm; 1/5000s @ f/5.6; ISO 1000

2. D7000; 28-300mm; 300mm; 1/5000s @ f/5.6; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan: +1! Beautifully done. :thumbup:

Rayyan: You're like a character out of a novel. I can't figure out which one, though. Proust's? Your posted photographs and words create a unique persona. Please continue with the delineation.

Cheers, Matt
Matt, first a big thank you. I cringed..' character out of a novel'. Faustus, he will say. Sold his soul! But no, I can breathe again..Proust is a walk in the park.:D

Thank you.:salute:

rayyan

A little bit of Waikiki Beach surfing. Not exactly the Banzai Pipeline. Clearly 450mm equivalent isn't enough! Note: I wasn't paying much attention to the ISO setting. These aren't anything special. I'm only posting them for those of you with 2' of snow outside your door. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

Snow!!:D Excuse me if I don't comment on anything salacious!!:D Just let me see that again..:eek:

Regards.

rayyan

Something from the vault. Just to change places.

Reason 3/1000 why I love Europe. The transport system. Locals might grumble
about it. But inter-country, inter-city, or within city..the transport system in western ( and Eastern ) Europe is superb.

Anyway, as I walked. I thought I saw something that caught my attention.

I stopped. Walked over. Wished a few people. Kissed a few. Just as I thought.

A Moroccan Wedding, they said. I love the Moroccan Arabic. Mix of Arabic and French. Unique. Lyrical. Incomprehensible at times.

No, I was not dressed properly to go in. I would have loved to. Wished them well. Left to wherever I was headed.

What's that got anything to do with the European transport system?

Nothing. Just thought I would mention it. Since I was on the way to the tram.

Vive La France!!

shtarka1

Cheers, Matt

Matt, im gonna post some Dirty Snow out my way to show you how "Special" these shots are to me!:D Love this one in a Big Way!

Lloyd

Something from the vault. Just to change places.

Reason 3/1000 why I love Europe. The transport system. Locals might grumble
about it. But inter-country, inter-city, or within city..the transport system in western ( and Eastern ) Europe is superb.

Anyway, as I walked. I thought I saw something that caught my attention.

I stopped. Walked over. Wished a few people. Kissed a few. Just as I thought.

A Moroccan Wedding, they said. I love the Moroccan Arabic. Mix of Arabic and French. Unique. Lyrical. Incomprehensible at times.

No, I was not dressed properly to go in. I would have loved to. Wished them well. Left to wherever I was headed.

What's that got anything to do with the European transport system?

Nothing. Just thought I would mention it. Since I was on the way to the tram.

Vive La France!!
I agree completely about the transportation systems in Europe. If they want something to really complain about, they should come and try ours! :eek:

Very interesting story, and an even more interesting way to tell it. Great shot. I love that you included the flags, which the groups they're arranged it, sort of mirror the groups of people.

Lloyd

Back to the East. Fast transport system!!

A very beautiful and interesting face. The eyes suggest a hint of self-consiousness, perhaps at being photographed, but they also smile. The countenance in general is very serene. Perfectly captured portrait.

Lloyd

Cheers, Matt

Nice surfing shots Matt. Interesting perspective. I wondered about your ISO settings, btw. Seems to work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.