The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Another Special Shot of the Soul!
Steve, much appreciated.

+1! Another exceptional portrait :thumbup:

Don't know if this comment for Matt's stalker shot though :loco: :ROTFL:
Ok, more, please... :watch:
Corlan, thank you very much.

I agree completely about the transportation systems in Europe. If they want something to really complain about, they should come and try ours! :eek:

Very interesting story, and an even more interesting way to tell it. Great shot. I love that you included the flags, which the groups they're arranged it, sort of mirror the groups of people.
Lloyd, Thanks.

A very beautiful and interesting face. The eyes suggest a hint of self-consiousness, perhaps at being photographed, but they also smile. The countenance in general is very serene. Perfectly captured portrait.
Lloyd, she, indeed, was shy when I first asked her for the photo. Thank you.

Steve, Corlan, Lloyd.:salute:

jsf

i am doing a series on urban landscape. This is part of the subset on reflections. I would like to hear any feedback. I think that they are difficult pictures to see, but I don't know if they have that appeal that i would like to achieve. Joe

m_driscoll

Matt, first a big thank you. I cringed..' character out of a novel'. Faustus, he will say. Sold his soul! But no, I can breathe again..Proust is a walk in the park.
Thank you.
Rayyan: Thank you! Could have been Kafka! :D

Snow!!:D Excuse me if I don't comment on anything salacious!!:D Just let me see that again..:eek:
Regards.
:cool::eek: Perfecto!!!:thumbs:
Matt, im gonna post some Dirty Snow out my way to show you how "Special" these shots are to me!:D Love this one in a Big Way!
Matt!!! What the?!? Sorry, but we're not letting you get away with this sort of thing... unless you post more!!
Don't know if this comment for Matt's stalker shot though :ROTFL:
Ok, more, please... :watch:
Nice surfing shots Matt. Interesting perspective. I wondered about your ISO settings, btw. Seems to work just fine.
Rayyan/Steve/Lloyd/Corlan: Thank you, gentlemen. I think? That's my only stalker photo before i got bored. Little bit of actual surfing going on. I think there was probably more on the North Shore; but not much more (it was hidden behind all of the houses). I've since figured out that you can change the ISO! Sorry, Steve. I didn't know that there was snow in Boston?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

routlaw

A little bit of Waikiki Beach surfing. Not exactly the Banzai Pipeline. Clearly 450mm equivalent isn't enough! Note: I wasn't paying much attention to the ISO setting. These aren't anything special. I'm only posting them for those of you with 2' of snow outside your door. :ROTFL:
Hmm, I've got two-three foot of snow out my door, but somehow looking at this picture is just not helping me feel better about somehow. It is making me jealous however. Cool perspective!! Keep 'em coming.

Rob

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Congrats on your new D700 and your new Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF, Tim, you're gonna love it -
and Lloyd, congrats on your D3s ultra high ISO low light machine, apparently it even does quite all right in bright snow light too :D
Jorgen, I enjoy your endurance racing captures, excellent panning
rayyan, your Bali series is stunning
petetsai, love your dance and jazz images, and the portrait, the seascape and the cityscape
Matt D., your wonderful Waikiki pictures make me soo envious .-)
jsf, I really like your wonderful window reflections shot
My kudos to all of you

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Pictures at an Exhibition - and after - II

click for larger - in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1.3 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 0.8 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1.6 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 2 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/3 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/3 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/40 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/2 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/1250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

rayyan

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1.3 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1.6 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 2 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/3 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/3 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen, thank you for the kind words.

Your entire series is gorgeous. These are for me brilliant. The color, contrast
composition and lighting have been handled beautifully.

Bravo!:thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wow Rayyan, this one might be your best so far. Or close.
Incredible light delicacy, use of negative space, juxtaposition of tranparencies, textures and colors... all combined to convey a feel of multi layered dimensionnality (did i just make that up?) to the beholder.

Subject is great, details unique.

Really, and simply put: great photography.

Steen, masterful use of the WA and semi long exposures. The relative sense of space and movement is awesome, with perfect light and crisp color temp settings.

Great variety though subtle across the series, displaying solid consistency altogether.

Good job! :thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes I think: If I don't take a photo now, I might as well sell my camera and start collecting stamps instead.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/4.0

Last edited:

Lloyd

Sometimes I think: If I don't take a photo now, I might as well sell my camera and start collecting stamps instead.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0
Well, I'm glad you're using a camera and not a stamp. Stamps sometimes don't produce the best images. :ROTFL:

(BTW, I'm not getting the zippers around the necks. Very colorful, but is there some meaning?)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Well, I'm glad you're using a camera and not a stamp. Stamps sometimes don't produce the best images. :ROTFL:

(BTW, I'm not getting the zippers around the necks. Very colorful, but is there some meaning?)
This is Thailand. There is no meaning. If you're cute or rich, you're OK. The zippers are meant to be cute, I guess. Rich girls don't participate in cheerleader contests.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Big thumbs up for zipper-neck girl. She looks fiesty!

Steen: Elegant use of the wide angle. Smooooooth!

And even though it's March, winter is still hanging on tight. The sky tonight as an arctic air mass moved in.

Best,
Tim

m_driscoll

The thunderstorm works like clockwork. Come afternoon. Comes the rain.
Rayyan: Appropriately soft and mellow; you can hear the rain. :salute:

i am doing a series on urban landscape. This is part of the subset on reflections. I would like to hear any feedback. I think that they are difficult pictures to see, but I don't know if they have that appeal that i would like to achieve. Joe
Joe: By itself, at this size, it's a little hard to see. As part of a set that establishes the photo's common "subject" and intent, I think it would work. Alone, it's very nice; but, i think it be even better as part of your subset. :thumbup:

You are hereby forgiven. Salacious or not, it's a kewl shot :thumbs:
Jorgen: Thank you! :D

Hmm, I've got two-three foot of snow out my door, but somehow looking at this picture is just not helping me feel better about somehow. It is making me jealous however. Cool perspective!! Keep 'em coming.
Rob
Rob: Thanks!:D No snow in seattle today; just rain, hail, wind and sunshine?

Matt D., your wonderful Waikiki pictures make me soo envious .-)...
My kudos to all of you
Steen: Thanks! :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 0.8 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM • 1/2 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/1250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Boy, these are exceptionally elegant and creatively captured! Really descriptive and artistic. That last one is really out in left field, though (beautiful photo!) :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.