The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Being a noob to this forum i thought i should make a reasonable selection of my work for
everyone.

I am a freelancer based in Dubai but born and lived in Scotland most of my life.

Images are shot on D2xs and the lovely new D3x (joyyyyyyyyyyyyy)
Great shots! Pretty impressive structures there. Great first post... keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

Lloyd

i think i'm uploading the images using a bad technique....
That technique works fine, as viewers can click on the thumbnail to see a larger version. If you want to post larger images directly, the image has to be referred, regardless of the size. (BTW, the largest recommended size is 900 pixels on the long side. The forum software actually used to resize anything larger to that convention, but I've noticed much larger images have been posted. I typically try to stay around 800 pixels on the long side.)

From Flickr, for example here's what I do:

Open the image you want to post, and then from Actions, choose: View All Sizes.

Then choose the size you want to post (the GetDPI forum is optimized for 900 pixel on the long side, so stay under that if you can). Then when the size you want is open, Right Click on that Image, and choose Copy Image Address.

With that copied, you can post the image address on the GetDPI forum using the little yellow box above the reply window.

Hope this explanation makes sense, and is of some use to you.

bahr

Here are some more, thanks for the info lloyd. much appreciated.

Still uploading some more after these.

:)

bahr

and some more... lovin the D3X, i wonder if anyone can guess which images are D2Xs and which are D3x.

very good eye lloyd, actually it was for Autocar middle east magazine and they had no budget for the studio, so i took it out into a dessert road with no ambient lights and went wild with the torch. This has saved some of my clients a lot of cash but still getting something that could pass for the studio. The BMW and GTR are done with the light painting and i also have a little aston martin on its way. will post it next.

I hate cheap clients but everyone has a budget i suppose.

bahr

and some more.

I think the images are looking a little pixelated and have lost a fair amount of detail when i upload them?

shtarka1

Being a noob to this forum i thought i should make a reasonable selection of my work for
everyone.

I am a freelancer based in Dubai but born and lived in Scotland most of my life.

Here are some more, thanks for the info lloyd. much appreciated.

Still uploading some more after these.

:)
and some more... lovin the D3X, i wonder if anyone can guess which images are D2Xs and which are D3x.

very good eye lloyd, actually it was for Autocar middle east magazine and they had no budget for the studio, so i took it out into a dessert road with no ambient lights and went wild with the torch. This has saved some of my clients a lot of cash but still getting something that could pass for the studio. The BMW and GTR are done with the light painting and i also have a little aston martin on its way. will post it next.

I hate cheap clients but everyone has a budget i suppose.
and some more.

I think the images are looking a little pixelated and have lost a fair amount of detail when i upload them?
and a few more. Including a 3 minute photo-shoot with kevin Spacey
:eek:Amazing Skills Bahr!!! Glad To Have You With Us! Keep Them Coming Please!!!:thumbs:

bahr

Awww. Thanks mate.

I think i went a little over the top with the random selections.lol......

Very happy that they are going down well.

I'm a little frustrated that the image quality is dropping when i upload though. The D3x images are looking quite low res.

bahr

Bahr, ++1 to what Steve has said. Welcome to the Forum, and keep them coming.

btw, how long have you been in Dubai?

Regards.
Hi there,

Been in Dubai for 4 years but occasionally take assignments outside of the region. Dubai is a difficult place sometimes. Wish i could go traveling more or at least back to Scotland for a bit.

Not seeing any "limitations/drawbacks" on the photographer's part here. Nice work Hermann. (BTW, we also spent the weekend Nordic skiing. I'm stiff and sore today!)
Hi Hermann. Well, I'm not sure it's the aim, but it's certainly often the result. :)

Really nice shots, and a spectacular setting. :thumbup:
This lens & these images look pretty fantastic to me!:)
Very nice Hermann!
Welcome back Hermann. from your arduous trip.:D

Very good sir. I wish I could ' rent ' such super views!!:D
Lloyd, Steve, Tim and Rayyan: Thank you for your kind words and comments!

BTW: Rayyan, I'm fairly sure, you know that view from your journeys "here and there and everywhere" :), and the trip wasn't arduous all-over, some fun as well, I may reassure you of that! :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
everyone.

Awesome photos :thumbs: Thanks for sharing

Lloyd

Awww. Thanks mate.

I think i went a little over the top with the random selections.lol......

Very happy that they are going down well.

I'm a little frustrated that the image quality is dropping when i upload though. The D3x images are looking quite low res.
More magic shots. I really like that "3 minute" portrait of Kevin Spacey. (One of my favorite actors, btw. The Usual Suspects still haunts me. :eek:)

As for the resizing, resolution issues. Have you clicked on your thumbnails? When you do, if you click again on the larger version that opens you'll see that you can click on it yet again and a much larger version opens. I've done so with a number of your images, and they look really good that way. It issue in general is one reason why many of us prefer to post the larger version (still web resolution, but not as thumbnails). That way the images appear as we wish them to appear. BTW, the forum does add a little sharpening, so you may have to test a bit to find the right mix for your taste.

Again, glad you decided to join us. Looking forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.