The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

This morning. (With my thoughtful neighbor clearing our sidewalk with his snowblower)

D3s, 14-24/2.8 @ 15mm, f8, ISO 200, 1/125:
Lloyd, beautiful capture. I love the softness of the light and the almost pastel colors.

My thanks also to your neighbor. You must be tired clearing up the snow!!

Well done my friend.:thumbs:

rayyan

The excitement, for me at least, was not found in the model shoots or the pretty girls or the beautiful architecture and sculpture.

The soul of Bali was here..

I am convinced that is where it shall remain.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, i'm not a huge fan of the glamour glow treatment in general, but it's absolutely appropriate here. Fabrics textures and color look great, too. A soulful image beyond all technical trivialities anyway... :salute:

Lloyd :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
On the subject of snow, it's gone here now, but we had some:

"Some"? I mean, we got a fair amount...
(and incidentally ended up on the 8 o'clock news for the very reason)

(next/last one not taken with a Nikon (Leica), but gives a larger perspective...)

(click)

rayyan

Rayyan, i'm not a huge fan of the glamour glow treatment in general, but it's absolutely appropriate here. Fabrics textures and color look great, too. A soulful image beyond all technical trivialities anyway... :salute:
Corlan, I learnt about the glamour glow and its effects after a long period of
experimentation...on my photos.

Showed it to friends, here are some generous comments about its effects and me in general..

Rayyan if you want pity...leave things as they are.

Rayyan if you want revulsion apply the glamour glow on your photos.

Rayyan, btw, where were you when looks were being handed out ?

Home, I said.

Thanks Corlan.

rayyan

On the subject of snow, it's gone here now, but we had some:

"Some"? I mean, we got a fair amount...

(next/last one not taken with a Nikon (Leica), but gives a larger perspective...)

(click)
Like the Leica one a lot. Gives a new understanding to the word ' house bound '!!

Brrrrr.:thumbs:

The excitement, for me at least, was not found in the model shoots or the pretty girls or the beautiful architecture and sculpture.

Rayyan: Can follow your interpretation of "the soul of Bali", though it's for sure a subjective view; but that's what is constitutive for great photography.:thumbs:

Lloyd

Amen to that, my friend. (And to your beautiful photograph. I love the processing.)

Lloyd

Wow... good photo :thumbs:
Thank you Jorgen.

Nice photo Lloyd, there really is something magical about the 14-24mm. I just got mine and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
I completely agree Pete. One of my favorite Nikon lenses ever.

Lloyd: Very nice picture with a very fine lens! :D :thumbs:
Thanks Hermann. Much appreciated.

Lloyd, beautiful capture. I love the softness of the light and the almost pastel colors.

My thanks also to your neighbor. You must be tired clearing up the snow!!

Well done my friend.:thumbs:
Grateful to you, my friend... on all counts. Yes, I'm very tired of clearing the snow. Mimi thinks we should consider buying a snowblower. I'm to stubborn, I guess. So long as I can still use a shovel, I'll be doing it by hand, I think.

rayyan

Rayyan: Love the vibrant, "warmish" colors and the composition of that one. :thumbs:
Hermann, Thanks a lot. I too love the mud brown tones.

Rayyan: Can follow your interpretation of "the soul of Bali", though it's for sure a subjective view; but that's what is constitutive for great photography.:thumbs:
Hermann, appreciate your kind words. I can only photograph what I connect with. That which moves me. Hence, it also is purely subjective. My point of view.

There must be other things that move other people. They might find them to
be the real spirit of a place. That other things touch other emotions for different persons is not only expected but must be perfectly acceptable. Even much better than my vision.

I can, in my humble way, bring to you only that which touched my emotions.

Thanks once again and my kindest regards to you.:salute:

Lloyd

Rayyan, I know you are waiting in anticipation for the next car photo. As a temporary bonus, here's one from November last year. I don't know if she has a driver's license, but who cares anyway :D

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8
Oh, I think she's a driver alright. It's smiles like that that have been driving men crazy for eons. ;)

Lloyd

Like the Leica one a lot. Gives a new understanding to the word ' house bound '!!

Brrrrr.:thumbs:
+1 from here as well. That is a lot of snow. But why so little on the roofs of the buildings? Poor insulation?

Maybe sort of "déformation professionnelle", but then again the photographic view sometimes follows not only an emotional impetus. :)

"Urban Stages"

D 700, 35/2 D @ f/2.2

Thank you for your interest and best regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
+1 from here as well. That is a lot of snow. But why so little on the roofs of the buildings? Poor insulation?
Good eye, Lloyd. Thant was indeed quite surprising even for us.
Several reasons: poor insulation is one, but you can see on the first image that the barn roof is the same, though the building is barely heated. Another one is that construction in this area seemingly took into account a long history of snow storms, so the roofs have a much sharper angle than what is apparent on these photos. And an elderly mentioned something about buildings orientation and disposition creating air currents in the village. Can't be sure about that, though.

Another natural cause would be that it was really snow storms with a lot of whirling winds. Anyway...

Rayyan, not our house on the photo, that one's up the hill so the contrast of snow levels was more dramatic for picture/documentation sake. We got stuck though for almost a whole week. One day, after shoveling for four :mad: hours, i could get the car on the "road" (i think). On the right the hill proved impossible to climb (got "passed" by a quite surprised, large walking hound when the car started to climb down backwards), so i tried the narrow winding street on the left (flatter). It was ok for the better part of a hundred yards or so -which took several minutes yet, hit a small curve then... a 2-meter high snowdrift :bugeyes: blocking the whole street. Yeah, non-metric system measuring friends, that's just around 80".

So, we waited. Patiently. Sharing canned food and leftovers with the neighbours. A Christmas to remember ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.