The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The Batur Volcano. The most active volcano on the island. Not the highest, but
very active. The plains are very fertile.

Last eruption in the 90s spewed ash all ove the coast line way down south.
The volcanic ash can be seen as black in the photo.

It was miserable day for photography and I just did not feel like going much further.

Sorry for the lousy IQ.

I think that about covers it for now..except one story...me and the model!!
Certainly can't see anything lousy here.

That said, stop teasing Rayyan. We want the story! :p

rayyan

I need a girl. I said to my guide.

His face lit up. I was wondering when you would ask, Mr. Rayyan he said.

Nobody stays in Ubud for more than 2 or 3 days. Enough culture. They head down to the coast.

One or two hours ? I thought he asked. 1 or 2 hours for what ? I said.

To get to the coast. The bars, the clubs, the girls. I know them all, he said.

I don't want those.., he cut me off. I know exactly the place sir. The golf club!

But I don't play golf, I said. Ha! Ha! Nobody does, he said. They just choose their caddies there Mr. Rayyan. What caddies ? I was curious.

From all over sir, across the oceans, lands West, East , North, South and all places in between. Caddies, for you waiting Mr. Rayyan.

Expensive place sir, very expensive. But the caddies go the extra kilometer for you.

I know of some customers from a rich country near here, get caadies for a week end. Why ? I asked, the game lasts that long?

No Mr. Rayyan, searching for balls! Balls !, I asked. Golf balls. They get lost easily in the rice paddies and coconut plantations. It takes a long time to find the balls sir.

You are out of your mind, I said. let's go. He lit up. The coast ? sir, he asked.

No, I said. The Temple. I thought he was about to cry..

But why sir? he pleaded. To find the soul of Bali, I replied.

shtarka1

Steve: Thanks for the demonstration of the new SEP 2! :D
But regardless of this usefull tool those are beautiful classics in B&W and I particularly like the intensity of the portrait. :thumbs:
Thank You Very Much Hermann!
Spectacular series again, Steve.
Love the painterly, post-impressionist look of the first one, and of course the poignant sensation conveyed by the last.

On a technical note, if i may, these have a somehow softer, dreamier feel than your usual crispier, even more contrasty rendering. FWIW, i'm personally partial to the latter, which in my eyes participate in creating the impact in your images and carry the unmistikable artistic signature of your body of work. As i said, just a thought -great photos anyway :)
Corlan, must be the new presets in SEP 2 that are portraying a dreamier look! Just scratching the surface with this new version. Thanks My Friend!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
From Pura Taman Ayun...A UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The Main Temple of the Mengwi Kingdom.
Classic Rayyan at its best!
Light, textures, dimensions and of course colors.

Kodachrome no more? Who cares when we have the Rayanochrome in the digital age... :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thank You Very Much Hermann!

Corlan, must be the new presets in SEP 2 that are portraying a dreamier look! Just scratching the surface with this new version. Thanks My Friend!:)

For sure it's never easy to adapt to new processing techniques. All the less when you already develop such an identifiable style -as in your case.

While we're on the subject of b&w conversion, after playing around with SEP2 for a while (including a beta a few weeks prior its release), despite being a regular user of the first version, i eventually opted for a different route.

Maybe the bugs, or the interface, or the changes in algorythms... or current personal taste/state of mind... can't really say. I still keep a functional copy of SEP1 with CS4 32b for a couple of presets (two actually, namely customized Center Focus anf Holga Soft) for specific work.

Here's a couple of samples with the new workflow (no SEP):
( note: i'm aware that the horse was posted a few pages back on a different occasion -sorry for the redundancy)

C&C welcome as always! :)

shtarka1

Rayyan, The workmanship on that elaborate statue is amazing! Your Processing & Framing Are Spot On Again!

Corlan, whatever workflow your using is working Extremely Well! I too find myself slipping between SEP 1 & 2. Oh well, whatever works! Excellent IQ,shooting & processing!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Testing out a new lens...

D700, 60G:)
Love this lens!*
It'll do wonders in your hands... well it obviously does already! :thumbs:

* actually not only for macro. It's especially good on DX sensors for portraits, and even on FF it's a serious contender for any work usually requiring say, a 50G. Of course when the couple extra stops are not needed. But the transitions and bokeh are definitely top notch.

Maybe the most underestimated lens in the Nikon G lineup (initially it was the 105VR, but, people caught up on that one).

Lloyd

Rayyan, Exquisite Series & Narrative!:thumbs:
Rayyan, The workmanship on that elaborate statue is amazing! Your Processing & Framing Are Spot On Again!
Rayyan: I agree completely with Steve here... on both counts! :clap::clap::clap:

Corlan, whatever workflow your using is working Extremely Well! I too find myself slipping between SEP 1 & 2. Oh well, whatever works! Excellent IQ,shooting & processing!:)
I have to vote with Steve here, Corlan. Really excellent tonalities in those b/w conversions. And the repost is well worth the second look. The new processing makes it a new image. :thumbup::thumbup:

shtarka1

Love this lens!*
It'll do wonders in your hands... well it obviously does already! :thumbs:

* actually not only for macro. It's especially good on DX sensors for portraits, and even on FF it's a serious contender for any work usually requiring say, a 50G. Of course when the couple extra stops are not needed. But the transitions and bokeh are definitely top notch.

Maybe the most underestimated lens in the Nikon G lineup (initially it was the 105VR, but, people caught up on that one).
Corlan, you've been holding out on me! Im amazed at how small,light & sharp it is! It certainly is a sleeping giant!:D Thanks Friend!:)

rayyan

Classic Rayyan at its best!
Light, textures, dimensions and of course colors.

Kodachrome no more? Who cares when we have the Rayanochrome in the digital age... :)
Corlan, :eek::eek::salute:

Steve, Thank you sir.:salute:

Rayyan: I agree completely with Steve here... on both counts! :clap::clap:
Lloyd, very generous of you pal. Very. Thanks.:salute:

Excellent colours, Rayyan :thumbs:
Jorgen, :salute:

Testing out a new lens...

D700, 60G:)
Steve: Usually I am not really interested in macros, so the only possible conclusion: must be your specific signature. Even your macros have content and tension - must be black (and white :)) magic. Lens, what lens, no matter!? :D :thumbs:

rayyan

For sure it's never easy to adapt to new processing techniques. All the less when you already develop such an identifiable style -as in your case.
Corlan, Masterful is what immediately comes to mind. Smooth is next. Lovely
tonality. Difficult to choose from the set..very difficult. #1 ( your father ? )
is one I would love to hang on the wall.

#2 is uniques, but different. I don't know how it prints.

#3; same horse? ( I counted the flies!!:D . what a beautiful portrait. The whites on the neck and mane...wow!

Lovely work.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.