The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Trying to (vaguely) catch up a little bit here...

Hermann- love the whole minimalist interior design series. Ultra clean composition with subtle tones. :thumbup:

Tim- nice portrait. You're right, certainly no hint of spring here :bugeyes: :wtf:

Another beauty Rayyan! Selective processing perfectly suits the subject.

This is the swimming bear before it got wet. It knew we were there and wasn't concerned. It, just, wanted to make sure there were no big grizzlies around.

2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 900

I've been reprocessing some old photos and finding overlooked ones from this trip. I'm trying to get better color quality in the photos.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
"You looking at me?"

D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 500

They're all nice, but i keep the last for hot summer days when a splash is welcome sitting at the desk ;)

The B&W close up is simply splendid.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
C...This Is An Amazing Image!!!! Superb Eye For Composition & Perfectly Processed! Love It!!!:salute:
Classic beauty, Corlan :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Love this Corlan. And I love that you resisted the temptation to remove the pole from the far background. (which I would certainly have done.) :salute:
Corlan: Thanks! And, lovely shot of the lonesome tree. Nice mood.
Corlan: Silhouetted abstraction; softness adds to the sense of coming nightfall. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

Thanks my friends, much appreciated :)
(incidentally one of these images looking nicer printed than once displayed online)

Nice light on the road that day, so i decided to go for the backroads. Nighfall caught up, but the car trunk provided some help for the hanheld camera...

A wider view from farther away, in color this time (pretty small road, hey?):

A lil' bit earlier, before leaving the highway:

And a few miles down the road, (way) after sunset:

Sorry, no exotic models or spectacular buildings around there... ^^

Lloyd

A couple more bears.

2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/80 @ f/6.3; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

I think Steve nailed it... "Regal" seem very apropos.

Thanks my friends, much appreciated :)
(incidentally one of these images looking nicer printed than once displayed online)

Nice light on the road that day, so i decided to go for the backroads. Nighfall caught up, but the car trunk provided some help for the hanheld camera...

A wider view from farther away, in color this time (pretty small road, hey?):

Sorry, no exotic models or spectacular buildings around there... ^^

Really spectacular shots all, Corlan. I especially love this one. And though small, that road looks like one you'd expect to see a peloton flying along in one of the Spring Classics.

(...) I especially love this one. And though small, that road looks like one you'd expect to see a peloton flying along in one of the Spring Classics.
Corlan: Exactly my thoughts, what Lloyd stated here. Like the
landscape format color version (first one, second series) most of them. :thumbs:

Matt: Really, really love your bear pictures! (Insert thumbs up here)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Hermann :)
Was a quiet country drive, haven't seen a soul for a couple of hours. Guess the peloton shows up at day time :)
(narrow, narrow roads though)

Ok, one more from the streets:

"Hm, Nice Car, Already Payed Off?"

D 700, 24 mm/1.4 G @ f/3.2

Thanks for your interest and best regards!
"payed off" or "paid for"? :D

Looks like the new Phantom:shocked:... that's a luxury car. Having ad work in the '11 RR diary, got an invitation for some presentation of the Drophead (no, not "dropdead" :ROTFL:) Coupé. Interesting machine, though slightly a bit on the che, er, expensive side.
The shiny metallic blue finish there would've definitely helped driving around unnoticed. Seems the one on your photo was dual tone?

Thanks Lloyd, Hermann :)
Was a quiet country drive, haven't seen a soul for a couple of hours. Guess the peloton shows up at day time :)
(narrow, narrow roads though)

"payed off" or "paid for"? :D

Looks like the new Phantom:shocked:... that's a luxury car. Having ad work in the '11 RR diary, got an invitation for some presentation of the Drophead (no, not "dropdead" :ROTFL:) Coupé. Interesting machine, though slightly a bit on the che, er, expensive side.
The shiny metallic blue finish there would've definitely helped driving around unnoticed. Seems the one on your photo was dual tone?
Corlan: Entire enging hood - stainless steel; body - plain white. Maybe the
poor man's version. Licence Plate was: F Dubai 19 :D:D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve, Jorgen :)

Hermann: not sure about the poor man's finish. :D
Didn't get the pricelist, but we can be confident when betting that if a custom option, the dual stainless steel would by itself pay for the combined photographic equipment of all this page's posters. Or close. If it's a mere catalog option, then it'll just pay for one of our regular cars.
Though it's considered vile talking about money at such reunions, you can overhear some people actually tackling the subject. Options pricing on the Phantom is simply appaling -if not terrifying- for the commoner (me).

Hmm... nice ride. The pay off, is the attention it draws... often of the female variety, eh?
Lloyd: Hm, maybe I shouldn't have divulged per the title what the guy on the left next to the car is asking the other one (in that fictitious role-play the apparently a wee bit embarassed owner)? :D Thanks for your kind words! :salute:

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thats one Regal Animal! He/She Owns That Place! So Gentle,Powerful & Intoxicating! Still Cant Get Enough! Excellent Continuing Series Ranger Matt!:thumbs:
They're all nice, but i keep the last for hot summer days when a splash is welcome sitting at the desk ;)
The B&W close up is simply splendid.
I think Steve nailed it... "Regal" seem very apropos.
Matt: Really, really love your bear pictures! (Insert thumbs up here)

Steve/Corlan/Lloyd/Hermann: Thank you, gentlemen! I'll keep working at them and posting (as long as no one complains). :D

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.