The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Thanks my friends, much appreciated :)
(incidentally one of these images looking nicer printed than once displayed online)

Nice light on the road that day, so i decided to go for the backroads. Nighfall caught up, but the car trunk provided some help for the hanheld camera...

A wider view from farther away, in color this time (pretty small road, hey?):

A lil' bit earlier, before leaving the highway:
And a few miles down the road, (way) after sunset:
Sorry, no exotic models or spectacular buildings around there... ^^
Corlan: It's easy to see something when it's obviously there. You've drawn these beautiful images out of your mind. I believe I like the colored version better. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Excellent shots all! This thread moves along nicely. Here are a few more

Serene, colorful... (and wet :D).
What a view! :thumbup:

Those are terrific, Ryan. The one of the clouds is magical.
+1. Magical indeed.
Guess it could even be construed as "mystical", if shot over, say... Utah maybe? :)

Corlan: It's easy to see something when it's obviously there. You've drawn these beautiful images out of your mind. I believe I like the colored version better. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt :)
Re the versions (well the two shots are still quite different beside the treatment), i keep wondering where my preference is. For now, the "portrait" B&W print is framed in the kitchen wall... have to print the blue landscape taken from farther away, and see.

Nat Geo Cover Shot!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:
Agree! Fantastic shot!

(though i might try a different crop, but you already knew that :ROTFL:)

Photojazz

Had some fun with some 2010 images, playing with new tools. I bought the Complete NIK collection. So I went in and out of LR3 quite a bit, stacking versions from Color Efex, and all other tools in the Complete Collection except Silver Efex 2. I did use silver efex 2 to swipe the frame in last image. It seems like one of the other tools would have framing, not found it yet though.

and the last one I did, I felt really good about:

m_driscoll

Steve/Herman/Corlan/Matt: Thank you, gentlemen! :D

Abstract, random.
Hot:

Orange lights:
Grave:
(darker mood)
Corlan: Jazz photos! Very cool. :cool:

Had some fun with some 2010 images, playing with new tools. I bought the Complete NIK collection. So I went in and out of LR3 quite a bit, stacking versions from Color Efex, and all other tools in the Complete Collection except Silver Efex 2. I did use silver efex 2 to swipe the frame in last image. It seems like one of the other tools would have framing, not found it yet though.

and the last one I did, I felt really good about:

Doug: Nicely done! This one's really beautiful. Great pp. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.