The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's post is particulararly for Lloyd, Steve and maybe some other cycling buddies here. Just now it's important "making" miles in preparation for the season! :)

"Handcrafted in Steamboat Springs, CO" for sure also will be great for the stages of TdF in the Alps and Pyrenees. :D

(BTW: Pictures captured in a rush on today's practice lap, so sorry for the possibly shaky hands :))

All with D 700, 35 mm/1.4G

Lloyd

Today's post is particulararly for Lloyd, Steve and maybe some other cycling buddies here. Just now it's important "making" miles in preparation for the season! :)

"Handcrafted in Steamboat Springs, CO" for sure also will be great for the stages of TdF in the Alps and Pyrenees. :D

(BTW: Pictures captured in a rush on today's practice lap, so sorry for the possibly shaky hands :))

All with D 700, 35 mm/1.4G

Wow! Hermann, great shots (love the OOF rendering of that 35/1.4), and I'm most impressed by your choice of bicycle!! I'm a fan of Moots myself. I love titanium bikes (I have two Lightspeed full Ti bikes, a Tuscany and Blade), and have been coveting my friend's Moots mountain bike. Thanks for making me wish I could get out for a ride today. Cold and raining at the moment. I'll do a ride on the trainer today!

Lloyd

Thanks, Steve.

Sometimes, I wonder if I only need one lens, an 85mm on DX or 135mm on FX.

D300 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/5.0

This is a flat-out terrific image, Jorgen. LOVE the b/w conversion here. It really adds a timeless quality. And I hear you on that focal length choice. I love my 85 on FX, but I love it more on the DX.

Wow! Hermann, great shots (love the OOF rendering of that 35/1.4), and I'm most impressed by your choice of bicycle!! I'm a fan of Moots myself. I love titanium bikes (I have two Lightspeed full Ti bikes, a Tuscany and Blade), and have been coveting my friend's Moots mountain bike. Thanks for making me wish I could get out for a ride today. Cold and raining at the moment. I'll do a ride on the trainer today!
Lloyd: :D Congrats on your Litespeeds as well!! Ti is simply a classic. Thankfully for me weather is beautiful this week, as you can see on the pictures. So "making" some more miles tomorrow hopefully ...

(And BTW: The 35 is really nice, but the 35, the 24 and the D 700 in the backpack for the shots wasn't that comfortable :confused:) :salute:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lloyd: :D Congrats on your Litepeeds as well!! Ti is simply a classic. Thankfully for me weather is beautiful this week, as you can see on the pictures. So "making" some more miles tomorrow hopefully ...

(And BTW: The 35 is really nice, but the 35, the 24 and the D 700 in the backpack for the shots wasn't that comfortable :confused:) :salute:
Thanks Hermann. As for bikes, my first love is really my Cervelo Soloist Carbon. Not nearly as comfortable to ride, but man, I love how that thing just goes!

I hear you on carrying the camera gear. When I ride, it's just the iPhone for photography! :thumbup:

Thanks Hermann. As for bikes, my first love is really my Cervelo Soloist Carbon. Not nearly as comfortable to ride, but man, I love how that thing just goes!

I hear you on carrying the camera gear. When I ride, it's just the iPhone for photography! :thumbup:
Lloyd: Again as for the bikes and slightly OT :): When I really go for the TdF stages in the Alps and Pyrenees my choice is aluminum, and then again "Principia" and "Canyon" ... But that are the workhorses, light and bulletproof! :D Then again that Cervelo is a beauty and a strong bike as well!

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This is a flat-out terrific image, Jorgen. LOVE the b/w conversion here. It really adds a timeless quality. And I hear you on that focal length choice. I love my 85 on FX, but I love it more on the DX.
Thanks a lot Lloyd. I learned another thing while working on that photo: After trying out Aperture, LR and C1, I realize that PS is the tool that gives me the results I'm looking for. It's elaborate and time consuming like a manual focus lens, but I retain control over every bit of the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.