The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... hopelessly catching up... so just a few takes from all the great photos posted in the last few pages...

(...)

Perfect, Hermann.
Where's the rest of the series? Want to see that!
Corlan: Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

As to the "rest of the series": I've already posted quite a few of those during the last months. To name at least my favorites: "Scene at "Caffè Meletti", "Contemplation","Italian Installation Artist and His Father", "The Visit to an Old Friend", "El Paseo", "We're Only in it for the Money", "Bouliste revêtu d'un pull à rayures", "Lust" ... But of course the series will be continued, since this is undoubtedly a "golden thread" of my photographic interest. :) :salute:

Rayyan: So many great pictures from everywhere in only a few days, your treasure box must be immeasurable! :thumbs: If I could choose only two, those would be the ritually bathing scene and, of course, Ayesha in Paris. :D But generously you shared much more of them with us. Thanks a lot for that!!! :salute:

Matt: Again adorable and applaudable pictures of "your" bears, all the more because I now know a bit more about your processing efforts, thanks a lot!! But best of all, they don't at all look that processed!! :thumbs:

Steve: You're really not only the master of the "blacks" (did I already say, that I love your night scenes? :) ), but also the master of the fish! Great pictures, all of them! :thumbs:

Leif: Thanks for your beautiful herald of spring!:thumbs: :salute:

As well a bit fishy, but only humbly rectangular, and furthermore partially defished to taste - a somewhat bizzare beach scene:

"Bumper Cars on the Beach, Vasto Marina, Abruzzo, Italia"

D 700, 16 mm/2.8D FE @ f/11

Thanks for your interest and best regards!

Lloyd

This is one of the dangers of the internet: Because we get all the photos and the videos, the sound and the spectacle straight into our living rooms, we think we get the smell too. But we don't. And we forget that reality can sometimes be brutally more than the electronics on our desktops.

But here's a small collection anyway, my humble attempts to remember what I saw and what I heard, until I go there again.

It starts at four in the morning, with clothes and make-up.

D300 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

The 50 or so boys, who just a few days ago were running around, playing football and doing everything boys do, are carried by their fathers, uncles and older brothers around the mountain town, dancing, not walking, through the streets.

And at last, on the third day, the big parade, with the whole community participating, thousands of people, some of whom have travelled for hours to be there, and most of them in traditional clothing.

Most of the boys will be monks for a few weeks only, some will stay longer, and a selected few will remain for the rest of their lives. But the most important part is the way this community works together. It's not a national day and not a graduation ceremony, it's both and more. It's Poi Sang Long.
Jorgen: I've been back to view these images a number of times. Truly remarkable... each and every shot. Thank you for including the story, and maybe more important, your feelings about the experience. :salute:

Lloyd

Loving the 14-24 d700 combo. Hope I get to shoot again with it. I got to rent this hunk of glass for an assignment last week XD
Great shot. And I agree about the combo. I spent two entire days wandering around Boston with the D700 and only that lens. Only once did I wish I'd had another lens... just needed wee bit more reach, but I survived it.

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more images. :thumbup:

Lloyd

A lot of great stuff in here - as always. :)

Here the snow is disappearing fast, spring is on - full blast. :D

D200, 2,8/55 Micro AI (with non-working aperture, hence; wide open :D)
Nice... and I'm happy for your Spring. We're trying for it... fits and starts. 61* F today, and 10-20 inches of snow tomorrow! :eek:

Lloyd

As well a bit fishy, but only humbly rectangular, and furthermore partially defished to taste - a somewhat bizzare beach scene:

"Bumper Cars on the Beach, Vasto Marina, Abruzzo, Italia"

Thanks for your interest and best regards!
Kewl shot, Hermann. Took me a moment to realize what I was seeing... and I used to love to ride in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.