The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Funfair

(snip) ... a trend that I'm noticing everywhere. It seems as if with so many processing tools available, people feel the need to use them all on every photo. My own personal feeling/opinion is that it is, more often than not, too much. I think one of the most beautiful things we can capture as photographers is a real sense of the natural light. Lots of post processing can make things appear false ... (snip)

+ 1

well spoken, Tim :thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

trying to catch the morning light as the city awakes

click for larger (in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines)

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

rayyan

Rayyan: So many great pictures from everywhere in only a few days, your treasure box must be immeasurable! :thumbs: If I could choose only two, those would be the ritually bathing scene and, of course, Ayesha in Paris. :D But generously you shared much more of them with us. Thanks a lot for that!!! :salute:

:
Hermann, thanks my friend.:salute:

As well a bit fishy, but only humbly rectangular, and furthermore partially defished to taste - a somewhat bizzare beach scene:

"Bumper Cars on the Beach, Vasto Marina, Abruzzo, Italia"

Thanks for your interest and best regards!
Hermann, not only delicious and unique, but a great find!!:thumbs:
Well in keeping with the beach!

Regards.

leif e

... and 10-20 inches of snow tomorrow! :eek:
:eek: :eek: indeed!

Funny, though, it´s not much more than a month since we were out in the woods watching the men´s 50km of the ski world championships. (sometimes people around here go real nuts):D

shtarka1

What a kewl set, Steve. That is one mammoth lens. I've never actually seen on in person. :bugeyes:
Thanks Lloyd. It is Unique. The First Time I Shot With It At The Aquarium I Smashed It Quite Hard On The Giant Tank! Not A Smidgeon Of A Mark! Strong Like Bull (Fish)!:D

rayyan

Carpenter shop in a village in Bali. The hardwood has been logged off.
They now mostly use softwood.

For carvings. Mostly religious items and the National Bird of Indonesia. The Garuda.

It takes three months from start to finish to hand carve one of these..

Lloyd

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 18-105mm zoom.
That Jolly Roger is all the more jolly for the splash of color. Nice.

trying to catch the morning light as the city awakes

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/center]
I'd say caught! Beautiful image Steen.

:eek: :eek: indeed!

Funny, though, it´s not much more than a month since we were out in the woods watching the men´s 50km of the ski world championships. (sometimes people around here go real nuts):D
:bugeyes::bugeyes: That crowd is incredible! I've always thought it would be fun to see ski races in a place like Holmenkollen, but I don't know if I could stand that crowd! We attended the Olympics in 2002, and saw every Nordic event. Great crowds there, but not a fraction of that!

BTW, the good news is now the forecast is for maybe 3-4 inches of snow overnight... preceded by heavy rains and a likelihood of flooding. :eek: Lucky us.

Thanks Lloyd. It is Unique. The First Time I Shot With It At The Aquarium I Smashed It Quite Hard On The Giant Tank! Not A Smidgeon Of A Mark! Strong Like Bull (Fish)!:D
Well, now wonder you like it! You have that "strong like a bull" in common. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Carpenter shop in a village in Bali. The hardwood has been logged off.
They now mostly use softwood.

For carvings. Mostly religious items and the National Bird of Indonesia. The Garuda.

It takes three months from start to finish to hand carve one of these..
That is amazing! Three months, and there's no backspace or auto-correct. Impressive skill and patience. And equally impressive images. :salute:

rayyan

Rayyan, the color & iq are out of this world! Zeiss? Very interesting Culture & History displayed!
Steve, thank you. It is with the D700 + zf 35/2 v1.
Because of my cropping, I wish for a ff 18 mp from Nikon.
Thanks again.:salute:

That is amazing! Three months, and there's no backspace or auto-correct. Impressive skill and patience. And equally impressive images. :salute:
Lloyd, the expertise I witnessed was indeed amazing! Thanks a lot pal.:salute:

leif e

As I said last year and probably the year before that, photographing the amazing hepatica is a must-do every spring: While the old snow may be deep in the shadows; in sunny hillsides it pops up while everything else around it is brown, dead and soo last year. These are from today´s long walk in the woods.

leif e

Status
Not open for further replies.