The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The season is drawing nearer. Testing the new cars yesterday. Lots of waiting between change of gearboxes, wheels and other things that needed testing, and now and then a lap or two at speed.

D300 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/8.0

shtarka1

Magically Delicious!
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

What An Amazing Composition! Love This Jorgen!
The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables is having a photo contest this month. Basically it's a popularity contest where the photo with the most "Likes" wins.

I entered the following image:

If you want to vote for me, you first have to "Like" the Biltmore Hotel on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/biltmorehotel

Then you will be able to "Like" my image which is here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...64392859283.339677.54362814282&type=1&theater
You've Got My Vote Carlos! Excellent!

rayyan

In Medieval Times, there was once a small village along the wine route in the
Alsace Region of France.

This village would give sanctuary to outlaws being pursued by the authorities.
The put a sign on their village entrance.

The outlaws, once inside the village, would jeer at their pursuers.

To this day the entrance walls of this village ( don't remember the name ) has
this plaque.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Slowly thawing out. Spring returns to the quiet little burg of Bangor, ME. These from a day of wandering the streets and getting some new air.

Best,
Tim

leif e

Tim; nice! I love the last one!

Rayyan; that plaque is not only interesting - it´s hilarious! Poking fun is not a new phenomenon. :D

Jørgen; distracted indeed. Lovely.

Thanks all for kind hepatica-comments!

leif e

Lloyd

Alsace Region of France.

this plaque.

Very interesting. Love that!! I just wish there was one of them mooning their pursuers! That would be epic! :D

Lloyd

The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables is having a photo contest this month. Basically it's a popularity contest where the photo with the most "Likes" wins.

I entered the following image:

If you want to vote for me, you first have to "Like" the Biltmore Hotel on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/biltmorehotel

Then you will be able to "Like" my image which is here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...64392859283.339677.54362814282&type=1&theater
Done! (Nice shot too.)

Lloyd

Slowly thawing out. Spring returns to the quiet little burg of Bangor, ME. These from a day of wandering the streets and getting some new air.

Best,
Tim
These are great, Tim. (I've always been a sucker for redheads. But then I also like blondes, and brunettes, and women with black hair, and, and...:D)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Leif and Lloyd. I'm a sucker for redheads too. But at the risk of breaking some politically correct law, they're trouble! Which is often the intended goal, but that's another story.

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Taking to the streets and abandoning my shyness with people. It's amazing how many folks are happy to have their picture taken when asked. I'm enjoying this new feeling... previously way out of my comfort zone.

Best,
Tim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Taking to the streets and abandoning my shyness with people. It's amazing how many folks are happy to have their picture taken when asked. I'm enjoying this new feeling... previously way out of my comfort zone.

Best,
Tim
Welcome to the club. It's inspiring as well as addictive. Great portrait too :thumbup:

I often feel that I take better portraits of people who are completely unknown to me. The veil of expectations and the old "I know that I know who you are" attitude disappears, which leaves me with curiosity and imagination. That's all good :)

shtarka1

Alsace Region of France.

this plaque.

Best,
Tim

Best,
Tim
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 86mm and f/5.0

Gentlemen...Bravo!!!:thumbs:

rayyan

Best,
Tim
Tim, you will also no doubt come to realize that beneath the veneer, we are all
the same. Well, most of us anyway!!

Good capture.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.