The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

:thumbup:These are great, Tim! I think you've found your calling. Love that second one... nothing beats a great pair of legs!!:thumbup:
Tim, +1 from me. Lloyd knows a good thing when he sees one or two or four!

Plus 1 from me... except on the cuddling part. I'm happy to give those bears all the room they need!! :eek:
Matt, +2 from me. +3 for the third shot. Lovely.:thumbs:

rayyan

Rayyan: more great stuff. The Ritual Bath photo is absolutely fantastic.
Splendid wood works from Bali, too.
The plaque from Alsace is lot of fun. Probably near Saint Hyppolite (?) Some villages in the area got a long history of turmoil and interesting customs when it comes to obeying the law.
**Love** the Ayesha Photomic with the Republican Guard (i thought i've seen that one before? Still a winner by all means) :toocool:
Corlan, thank you. Yes I had posted the photomic one before here.
Re: fighting timidity and our recommendations for Tim...one needs to have a thick skin too!

Thanks again.:salute:

rayyan

On the subject of fighting timidity..they ask me how I do it.

Usually face to face. Sometime cheek to cheek but rarely.

But honestly, you have it or you don't!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve, Jorgen, Lloyd, Rayyan :)

Love the B&W above, Rayyan. And interesting look from the guy on the right.

Portrait in color, inside a cathedral. No street skills required for this one :D.
Great light yesterday in there -file pretty much out of the camera except for a few teenage blemishes and jpeg reduction (which don't do justice to the original, btw).

Lloyd

Portrait in color, inside a cathedral. No street skills required for this one :D.
Great light yesterday in there -file pretty much out of the camera except for a few teenage blemishes and jpeg reduction (which don't do justice to the original, btw).

This is a beautiful portrait, Corlan. What wonderful eyes! I'll just bet the original sings!

rayyan

Thanks Steve, Jorgen, Lloyd, Rayyan :)

Love the B&W above, Rayyan. And interesting look from the guy on the right.

Corlan, Thank you.

This is wonderfully gentle and beautifully soft and pastel-like portrait.
Suits perfectly the venue and the subject.:thumbs:

And you, sir, do indeed "have it"!
Lloyd, thanks.

shtarka1

On the subject of fighting timidity..they ask me how I do it.

Usually face to face. Sometime cheek to cheek but rarely.

But honestly, you have it or you don't!
You Most Definitely Have it! One more movie star comparison....Im seeing Bridget Bardot in her prime! Beautiful grab Rayyan!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tim: seems you have a lot of fun with your new endeavor, walking the streets. Terrific results, the legs shot is perfect and the lil' girl portrait's spot on.
Re fighting timidity when taking photos of strangers, have you considered some accelerated courses given by our very members here. Highly recommended is Rayyan's "Sweet Talk, Smooth Operator" and Jorgen's "How to beat the odds of blending in".
(of less interest, is my own "how to invariably get busted" workshop :deadhorse:). :D
This isn't so far-fetched an idea. I'd love to be a fly on the wall as you all are out and about with camera. Maybe we could each take a little movie and record some commentary of a shot while it's happening. I might learn something from the banter that goes on between photographer and subject!

Wonderful images as usual. Very clean portrait Corlan. Fresh light indeed.

Here's one that's a bit more modest than the legs/shoes.

Best,
Tim

rayyan

You Most Definitely Have it! One more movie star comparison....Im seeing Bridget Bardot in her prime! Beautiful grab Rayyan!
Steve, very many thanks my friend. All I have is a f*ing thick skin and I am deaf!!

Kindest regards.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for the kind words. Much appreciated :)

Rayyan: yeah, you have it. She does, too! :thumbs:

Tim: i like this kind of angle. Nicely done :thumbup:

Matto: thinking young Demi Moore here too. Nice composition and processing man.

Pike Place Market; selling scarves.

Cheers, Matt

http:/mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
:toocool: wow Matt splendid colors, great shot.

(on this one i would probably blur the far right hand side in order to keep the superb focus on the subject and leave the rest even more abstract, just about colors -just me)

Status
Not open for further replies.