The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

leif e

Easter spent at home is not our usual way, normally we chase the tail of winter for some skiing in the mountains - but this year; with great pleasure. Unbelievable weather and early spring (I know I´ve said so before:eek:).
This from today´s outing to the woods - a bit up to avoid the birch pollen. Forecast said 20C and was right. :)

Lloyd

special thanks to routlaw for apply image command , multiply and screen with curves thrown in!!!!!

yes!!!
Matto: Much as I like your urban decay/abandoned places work (and I do!), I'm loving this new direction to your photography. Beautiful subjects indeed. Love the green eyes in the color version, and the b&w is a winner! And, it is true, "a face without freckles is like a night without stars"!

Lloyd

Pike Place Market; selling scarves.

D700; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 165mm; 1/30s @ f/2.8; ISO 360

Cheers, Matt

http:/mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
I really like this one Matt. It has a wonderfully shy, stealthy quality to it.

Nikon owner being handed a Canon...

What happens when you give a Nikon owner a Canon by peterb666, on Flickr
Ackk!!! Saints preserve us!!!! :D

Easter spent at home is not our usual way, normally we chase the tail of winter for some skiing in the mountains - but this year; with great pleasure. Unbelievable weather and early spring (I know I´ve said so before:eek:).
This from today´s outing to the woods - a bit up to avoid the birch pollen. Forecast said 20C and was right. :)
Looks like a very nice way to spend the day. I'm still looking forward to a 20C day (which, btw, is about as it ever needs to be, in my book), we did make it to 12C today for the first time in nearly a month, so maybe there's hope?!

m_driscoll

These Guys Dont Miss A Meal When They're Not Sleeping! Love That Last Shot Too!
Matt, I love those bear shots of yours. Makes me almost want to hop in the grass with them and cuddle.
Maybe I shouldn't.
...Matt: more Market Place cheerful moments, more extraordinary bear (and their environnement) views. Re the latter, i particularly love #2 and #3 quoted by Steve above. Respectively so cute, and so impressive...
Plus 1 from me... except on the cuddling part. I'm happy to give those bears all the room they need!! :eek:
Matt, brilliant.:thumbs:
Matt, +2 from me. +3 for the third shot. Lovely.:thumbs:
Matt, Beautiful Color,Framing & Peek A Boo Shot!:)
I really like this one Matt. It has a wonderfully shy, stealthy quality to it. ..
Steve/Vlad/corlan/Lloyd/Rayyan: Thank you, gentlemen! :D:D:D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

The wife:
Vlad: fine revisitation of the classic Dummies shot. Composition and tones are excellent...
Vlad, Lovely Pic Of The Mrs.!..
Nice portrait Vlad. Very timeless quality to that shot... with the RayBans accentuated, given that they've been around for so long. (Ironically, just this morning, as I was driving my wife to the train, we were talking about how we both used to have those and loved them.)
Vlad: +1! Nicely done (although, I'm not sure what Corlan meant?). I had to go look for my Raybans. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Another lovely shot, Leif.
Though you guys are incredible (or unprepared? :rolleyes:): 20°, T-shirts but... hot coffee thermos. :loco:

(slightly down south here we have a record April weather: for the last three weeks, 25°C+ daytime average, up to 30°C :eek: Hot beverages? No, thanks...)

viablex1

Matto: Much as I like your urban decay/abandoned places work (and I do!), I'm loving this new direction to your photography. Beautiful subjects indeed. Love the green eyes in the color version, and the b&w is a winner! And, it is true, "a face without freckles is like a night without stars"!
hey thanks LLoyd, I am doing more abandoned stuff next week in Boston.

But hope to do a trash the dress shoot in May and then hopefully get some clients!!!

Hope your wife gets over that nagging injury soon!!!!!!!!!

m_driscoll

On the subject of fighting timidity..they ask me how I do it.
Usually face to face. Sometime cheek to cheek but rarely.
But honestly, you have it or you don't!
Rayyan: A big lens helps! :LOL: Nicely captured. Interesting look from her. Superb composition and pp. :salute:

Portrait in color, inside a cathedral. No street skills required for this one :D.
Great light yesterday in there -file pretty much out of the camera except for a few teenage blemishes and jpeg reduction (which don't do justice to the original, btw).
Corlan: Not "street"; but, still a nice portrait. You could have hid behind a column and just caught a bit of the face? Excellent detail and DOF. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

special thanks to routlaw for apply image command , multiply and screen with curves thrown in!!!!!
yes!!!
Tim, nice reflective moment caught!
Matt....A younger Demi Moore! Pretty shot!
Matto: thinking young Demi Moore here too. Nice composition and processing man.:toocool: ...
Matt....:thumbs:!!!!
Viablex: Freckle-icious!
Matt: Being all of the way out on the West Coast, I never need to have an original comment! +1, 2, 3, 4, & 5! :salute: Great DOF, background, light, and shadow in both. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.