The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

Ok then....my first image here on the Nikon thread. :D

I ordered a very nice D2X from KEH (primarily to use with my Nikkor AIS primes) and it arrived here in Alaska this morning. I stopped by the only decent camera store in Anchorage (Stewart's, which has been in business since before the 1964 earthquake) during my lunch break to check out the various options for a do-it-all walk around AF lens (since I don't own any Nikon AF lenses) and came out with a 16-85G (thanks for the recommendation Jorgen!). It was the right lens at the right price.

Here is one of my first images with the camera, taken along the Alaska Railroad yards (my frequent lunch hour stomping ground). I'm really looking forward to using the D2X with my Nikkor manual focus lenses and sharing a few images here in the months to come. I will be spending a good part of this weekend getting familiar with the camera and seeing how those AIS lenses perform.

Gary

m_driscoll

I apologize, I'll catch up tomorrow. A quick post, and then to bed. We have an early neighborhood "Disaster Preparedness" meeting tomorrow (earthquakes).

Khutzeymateen, B.C.

1. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 800

2. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/250s @ f/7.1; ISO 800

3. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/60s @ f/6.3; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, you have spent so much money on cameras and lenses, screamed my wife.
What could it be, I thought. Not PMS, not for a grandmother.
Even with all these cameras and lenses your photos are crap. Over contrasty, over saturated and over sharpened, she added. And meaningless, she woofed.
Why can't you take pretty pictures like the others. Ones we can hang on our walls.
It clashes, she continued, with our decor. And our color scheme, screaming.
But dear, I said softly, that is how I see. They just comes out that way.
Maybe a new camera might help, I suggested very politely.

This reminds me of a conversation between husband and wife I overheard in a fly fishing store recently.

Wife: "You have so many fly rods already—how many fly rods do you need?"

Husband: "Just one more."

Best,
Tim

Lloyd

So... I posted some pix of flowers and said we had a least a promise of Spring. Well, apparently I was mistaken! This is was greeted us this morning:wtf:

D3s, 70-300 VR:

Actually, the forecast of the coming week is pretty encouraging. Temps in the upper 60s for the most part.

Lloyd

Rayyan, you have spent so much money on cameras and lenses, screamed my wife.

What could it be, I thought. Not PMS, not for a grandmother.

Even with all these cameras and lenses your photos are crap. Over contrasty, over saturated and over sharpened, she added. And meaningless, she woofed.

Why can't you take pretty pictures like the others. Ones we can hang on our walls.

It clashes, she continued, with our decor. And our color scheme, screaming.

But dear, I said softly, that is how I see. They just comes out that way.

Maybe a new camera might help, I suggested very politely.
:eek: Say it ain't so! Love your shots! (So did it help? Are you getting the new camera? :thumbup:)

Lloyd

I ordered a very nice D2X from KEH (primarily to use with my Nikkor AIS primes) and it arrived here in Alaska this morning. I stopped by the only decent camera store in Anchorage (Stewart's, which has been in business since before the 1964 earthquake) during my lunch break to check out the various options for a do-it-all walk around AF lens (since I don't own any Nikon AF lenses) and came out with a 16-85G (thanks for the recommendation Jorgen!). It was the right lens at the right price.

Here is one of my first images with the camera, taken along the Alaska Railroad yards (my frequent lunch hour stomping ground). I'm really looking forward to using the D2X with my Nikkor manual focus lenses and sharing a few images here in the months to come. I will be spending a good part of this weekend getting familiar with the camera and seeing how those AIS lenses perform.

Gary
Welcome to the thread Gary. I've been enjoying your MF film stuff for a long time. Congrats on the new (to you) camera and the lens. Nice shot here, and I'm looking forward to more.

Lloyd

This reminds me of a conversation between husband and wife I overheard in a fly fishing store recently.

Best,
Tim
That cracks me up!!! My brother is a fanatical fly fisherman (and an Orvis Endorsed Guide... he was recently selected by Orvis as the "Trout Bum of the Week.) I'm pretty sure his wife lost count of how many fly rods he has years ago. Just one more is NEVER enough. :D The analogy is well taken, however.

rayyan

Italian food and Italian cars. Here's a little something for Alfisti :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/6.3

I think dinner today will have to be at the local Trattoria :p

Or at the Bierstube :D

D300 with Nikkor 300mm f/4 @ f/6.3

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm, f/6.3 and 1/125s

Gary

Jorgen,bensonga...these are some wheels!! Alfa I love. Trains I love.
Beautiful photos I love.:thumbs:

rayyan

Reflections of different kind...
Contrasts, too.

:thumbs:
Corlan, reflections! Ya! Right! Thanks.:salute:

Best,
Tim
Tim, that is a cracker!:thumbs:

:eek: Say it ain't so! Love your shots! (So did it help? Are you getting the new camera? :thumbup:)
Here's the story Lloyd. I have just had a tooth extraction. The mouth is still
numb.
I had tried to save the tooth.
But listening to her on and on...I went into the dentist.
Now I don't have to answer her for sometime. Maybe prolong it for days!!

New camera! Are you serious. I am hiding what I have.

Thanks Lloyd.:salute:

rayyan

I apologize, I'll catch up tomorrow. A quick post, and then to bed. We have an early neighborhood "Disaster Preparedness" meeting tomorrow (earthquakes).

Khutzeymateen, B.C.

1. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 800

2. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/250s @ f/7.1; ISO 800

3. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/60s @ f/6.3; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, this here is some serious s*t pal. brilliant vistas. Beautiful captures.
Lovely friends. Place to loose oneself in. Great stuff.:thumbs::thumbs:

rayyan

So... I posted some pix of flowers and said we had a least a promise of Spring. Well, apparently I was mistaken! This is was greeted us this morning:wtf:

D3s, 70-300 VR:

Actually, the forecast of the coming week is pretty encouraging. Temps in the upper 60s for the most part.
Lloyd, the flower pix were lovely. But I didn't know you had gone North for the winter!;)

Anyways, these are simply lovely. The first shot is gorgeous. The snow really is adding a charm of it own to the trees.

The car cleaning should be a lovely bonus. Keep you warm.

Excellent pal.:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.