The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

Another thing that i almost constantly notice in your photos (Gary) is the great skies quality, color, clouds... something to do with the photographer probably, and also maybe the latitude?
You've been seeing the best skies that Anchorage has to offer (infrequently).....this is a more typical Anchorage sky (unfortunately).

I would love to live in a place like northern New Mexico or Arizona for light that is really special. Here in Alaska, because of the high latitude, we tend to have light in which the sun is either very high in the sky (hence the long days of summer) or extremely subdued light when the sun is very low on the horizon (the long dark nights and dimly lit days of winter).

According to the Western Regional Climate Center stats.....on average, Anchorage only has 61 clear days per year. My own impression, having lived here for 25+ years, is that most of those are in the winter.

Nikon D2X and AF-S 16-85mm lens

Last edited:

m_driscoll

pepper spray?
Nice paw indeed. Makes you longing for (or is it "itching for"? :D) the same kind of flexibility for scratching you back, too. Then of course, no need for that when you have all those trunks around, hey? Excellent shot, again :thumbs:
Corlan: Thanks! :D Not allowed to bring anything more lethal into the Sanctuary.

Matt, Nice Soft Cushioned Paw To Draw You In For A Mid Day Snack! Heck Of A Series!
Steve: Thanks! :D I'm sure that grass is tastier then me. :D

Matt, ' agglo' what? English is not my first language!!
And very gracious of you pal. Thanks.:salute:
Matt, do these bears have their nails ( claws ? ) trimmed?:bugeyes:
One could make a back scratcher from those!!
btw, do bears sneeze?
This is an excellent series.:thumbs:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! :D No nail salons around there. Probably do each other's nails. Sneeze? I don't know. :D

Carlos, don't know your source but actually, "agglomeration" can be tracked back way before the Xth century (happen to know that for some complicated reason related to one of my first names - yours would work btw).. But our friend probably knew that considering his never less than impressive command of all things vocabulary

It was when bears were all around, no need for special tours then, hey Matt?
agglomerate
verb |əˈgläməˌrāt|
collect or form into a mass or group [ trans. ] : companies agglomerate multiple sites such as chains of stores [ intrans. ] : these small particles soon agglomerate together.
noun |-rit|
a mass or collection of things : a multimedia agglomerate.
• Geology a volcanic rock consisting of large fragments bonded together.
adjective |-rit|
collected or formed into a mass.
DERIVATIVES
agglomeration |əˌgläməˈrā sh ən| noun
agglomerative |-ˌrātiv; -rətiv| adjective
ORIGIN late 17th cent.: from Latin agglomerat- ‘added to,’ from the verb agglomerare, from ad- ‘to’ + glomerare (from glomus ‘ball’ ).
Carlos, thank you for taking the trouble to post the meanings of ' that '
interesting word. Much appreciated sir.

Suspected Corlan was old, but going back to the Xth century!!

Take care you two.
Corlan/Carlos/Rayyan:
Today's word is "transmogrification", or the verb - "transmogrify". Nothing here's applicable for it's use - like, my D700 transmogrified into a 5D Mark II.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The nice thing with racing clients is that there's no discussion about corner sharpness or defraction :) As long as the sponsor logo is sharp and it looks like the car is fast as lightning, they are all smiles. So I experiment with longer shutter times. Since the car might break down or crash around the first corner, getting it right on the first lap is all important.

And the good, old D80 is still doing the job, even if it's acquired a glossy finish in large areas and the electronics are taking detours on their own now and then.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm, f/25 and 1/30s

Oh, and at f/25, dust particles that I never heard about suddenly make their appearance. I guess a cleaning before each race would save me some pp time :) An ND filer would help, but with two cameras and the sun coming and going all the time, I would need a filter assistant. Maybe an ISO25 camera... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.