The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

The fishing fleet and other assorted craft are being readied for the Summer at a shipyard near my office.

D700; AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR; 300mm; 1/800s @ f/5.6; ISO 200

D700; AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR; 190mm; 1/800s @ f/5.6; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

holy crap!!! holy crap!!!! very nice mang!!!
Thanks "Dog"!;)
Steve, congrats on the 35mm.

Music to my ears sir..beautifully done. Really lovely.

As to not getting enough of sax, maybe going to wrong places! Join me for
the sax of a lifetime!!

Wow!:salute:
:D Thanks Brotha!:)
Steve: Excellent framing and color in #1. A saxophone in a bush? Super texture, light, shadow and shine! :cool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdrfiscoll.zenfolio.com
Well, You Know..."One In The Hand".....Forgetaboutit!;):D Thanks!

shtarka1

The folks staring in was just luck. They were probably trying to figure out if this was the first Starbuck's. It isn't. Nor, is the one down in the Market that people believe is the first one. Always, somebody posing in front of it to prove to their friends in Cleveland/Japan/China/?? that they were there!

This is the first Starbuck's on the corner of the 4-story building. Since demolished, so the one that came later on the block at the right side of the photo became the "first" one. Mythological, isn't it? By the way, the headquarters for world caffeine domination is located South of downtown (SODO, of course!) in an old Sears Roebuck store,

Nikkormat; 50mm f/1.4; Plus-X Pan; 1975

(Nikon, not digital, unless the scan counts)

Cheers, Matt.

Nice History ,Processing & Artifact! Are You Riding Your Bike Up That Hill? The Nikkormat Was My First Real Camera Passed Down To Me By My Brother! Cool Image.
The fishing fleet and other assorted craft are being readied for the Summer at a shipyard near my office.

Cheers, Matt

Like The Lines, Color & Comps Here Matt!:)

m_driscoll

Nice History ,Processing & Artifact! Are You Riding Your Bike Up That Hill? The Nikkormat Was My First Real Camera Passed Down To Me By My Brother! Cool Image.

Like The Lines, Color & Comps Here Matt!:)
Steve: Thanks! :D I was riding my bike around then. My first SLR, also, was a Nikkormat. Before that, I'd had Agfamatics, etc. I bought a very nice Nikkormat FT2 and a 50mm f/1.4 lens, the other day. It's sitting on my mantle. I haven't shot any film in a while. I should load it up this weekend.

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

This is the first Starbuck's on the corner of the 4-story building. Since demolished, so the one that came later on the block at the right side of the photo became the "first" one. Mythological, isn't it? By the way, the headquarters for world caffeine domination is located South of downtown (SODO, of course!) in an old Sears Roebuck store,

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, good historic record. Seems dull and desolate though.

Cheers, Matt

These are lovely. I love boats. Fishing boats in particular. You have caught the color and the repair/paint needed. Very Good.:thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, thanks.

This one is the Hyatt in Nepal about a year and a half ago.

The ' model ' hotel was in Bali a couple of months ago. We are in touch by email!! She liked the photos. But I am not that keen on travel nowadays.
And neither am I keen on emails!

I have had enough of travel and hotels. Even a flight of 6 hrs seems daunting
for me.

Ayesha is in India now. Actually landed today. She shall scout the place for
a longer holiday for us. It is India or China ( PRC ) this sep/oct. Then we call it quits. The only other places left are too far and too much travel.
Chile, Antartica and the like.

I might go for 2 wks to Sri Lanka. Maybe meet up with another ' model'. 3 hours flying..that's doable and worth a few trips!!

Take care pal.
Oops, my mistake. Obviously it was not Bali, posted too fast.

Few years back i myself put the suitcases, miles cards of all sorts etc. in storage. Mix of circumstances and losing the apetite i guess... decided to focus on simpler stuff. Nostalgia still kicks in from time to time.
India, Sri Lanka sound like great destinations and all the more with your ability to stay off the beaten tracks. Surely you'll have a blast, and who knows will let you want for more after all... hopefully, since we want to see more of the world through your eyes.

Tell Ayesha to stay safe on her scouting mission. :)

Never Get Enough Sax...

D3, ZF2 35 1.4 Distagon:)
Steeeeeve... what the sax, man! :toocool:
For all the technical impresiveness in the color shot, i might go for the beautifully perfect sax in the bush.

What's your impressions on the new 1.4 compared to the 2.0 version. The new one seems even better, ain't it? Keep'em coming, please!

(thought i'd never lust for a 35mm again (not my FL), but here we are again... :mad: :eek:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, i'm happy you decided to post here one of my very favorites of yours.
While not much is perfect per se in there, it has the rare ability as a whole to take you for a stroll down memory lane -whether you know the place or not.
A unique atmosphere... there's sadness, nostalgia, solitude, but still hope.
What pops up in my mind when trying to express the mood is "tranquil desolation". Or something like that.

A rare photo.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Been involved in a bunch of property maintenance stuff. One project is replacing the field stones in the chimney of the barn. The original build wasn't that great and the mortar was rotting away. After dismantling the rotted part, the rebuild has begun. None of these are art, just a record of some of the fun stuff I'm allowed to play with in pre-retirement.

Best,
Tim

shtarka1

Fabulous photos!!!

Gary
Thanks Gary!
Steeeeeve... what the sax, man! :toocool:
For all the technical impresiveness in the color shot, i might go for the beautifully perfect sax in the bush.

What's your impressions on the new 1.4 compared to the 2.0 version. The new one seems even better, ain't it? Keep'em coming, please!

(thought i'd never lust for a 35mm again (not my FL), but here we are again... :mad: :eek:)
Thanks Very Much Corlan! First off, the lends is Big,Solid & Heavy! Bigger than the 100 Makro Planar. I find no faults with the 35 F2 but this Monsta is Sharp wide open! Have to give it some more field work to place judgement on it but there's No Doubt it's A Serious Piece Of Glass! Thanks again C!
Steve: Saxual healing! Perfect combo of shot and processing.

Best,
Tim
Appreciate it Tim!:)

Lloyd

Matt: I like the stealth shots (Starbucks and the tour group). And I especially like the old shot of the original Starbucks. Memories!

Mikoo: Very nice shots from Kyoto. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the Anime set up shots. Surprisingly simple for such great results.

Rayyan: Your color work never ceases to amaze me. The blue of that pool is just, well, amazing. ;) Hope the action wasn't too taxing. And I hope Ayesha's scouting trip yields the makings of a memorable trip for you both... and even more, that you'll share your journey with your photography.

Steve: Never enough indeed!! And what amazing shots. BTW, I think I'd be taking Rayyan up on that offer.:thumbup: Also, congrats on the new lens. You're obviously up to the challenge of taming that monster! Great portrait too. B/W is perfect.

Matt: Nice shots of the fleet. Love the rust... lots of texture on those hulls.

Gary: Stellar train shot. Loving what you're doing with the D2x, and I'm starting to be a believe in that lens as well.

Tim: Nice shots of the project, although that looks like entirely too much work to me. :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
WOW!!

Some serious weapon you got there Bro.
And that's some serious shooting you been doing!

The BW just flows into the subject.

AWESOME!! :salute:
Yup. Serious piece of glass for sure!
And what a splendid portrait, Steve. Wonderful! :toocool:

Question on the side: are the eyes dodged a tad in PP here? or did you have this surreal perfect light worked out?
( makes me think of some of Mr Blumenfeld's works -which is quite the compliment :) )

Tim: Nice shots of the project, although that looks like entirely too much work to me. :D
+1. Tim :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.