The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very interesting. I had heard that the airplane design came first, but not from a very credible source.

And yes, that's the one I want... the "family version". :cool:
SAAB is actually short for Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolag.

New arena, cars this time, and "my" team had pole position today :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 130mm and f/4.0

This from my hotel room. More "interesting" photos when I come home :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

:p

click for larger

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1.3 sec. at f/11 ISO 200 • Capture NX

shtarka1

Hey Y'all,
Been MIA for awhile. Shot my first wedding last weekend on Marthas Vineyard. Took over a Thousand images & have been Overwhelmed with processing, but had a Great Time & Experience! I'll post up soon. Great Work here & i've Missed you guys! ;)

Lloyd

Hmm... looking forward to those more "interesting" shots. I think this one has some hints of things to come, eh? :D

Lloyd

Hey Y'all,
Been MIA for awhile. Shot my first wedding last weekend on Marthas Vineyard. Took over a Thousand images & have been Overwhelmed with processing, but had a Great Time & Experience! I'll post up soon. Great Work here & i've Missed you guys! ;)
Hey, congrats on that, Steve. I'm thinking those were some lucky folks to have you as the shooter.

m_driscoll

The first Saab, the 92001, was indeed inspired by airplane design, since the company was started in 1937 specifically to manufacture fighter planes for the Swedish air force to preserve Sweden's neutrality.

Now, they are two different companies, and although none of them are hugely successful, the fighter jets have, as you mention, sold to several countries for a number of good reasons. I had the pleasure of working closely with representatives of the Swedish Air Force while taking these photos, and they have a very professional attitude to this project.

Here's the 92001 (not my photo):

Here here are two of the latest model, the two seat family version :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

Jorgen: Thanks for the info. My father bought an early Saab that required mixing oil with the gas (spewed a lot of smoke). Saab's aren't even sold here anymore.

What kind of mileage does the two-seater get and will it pass the emissions test? Might be hard to park, though.

The jet fighter's design is pretty refined and suggestive of "speed". It, also, seems relatively compact. Great job photographing them. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, a diificult shot. Nicely done. I like the ' little ' doggie relaxing!:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend! :D

Rayyan: You've shown us a great many superb photos like this capturing people at work. They always move me to wonder about their lives. :salute:

Thanks for the advice, I've got plenty...

White Bay Balls 2 by peterb666, on Flickr
Peter: Nicely captured! Your's look more read to use then Steve's. Are you expecting trouble? :thumbup:

Thanks Matt. I shot these for her website. She is an "Image Consultant", working mainly with female executives on wardrobe, etc. I have to say that the purple dress is the worst thing I've ever seen her wear... she really does have amazing fashion sense (not that I have any idea what fashion is :rolleyes:). She also apparently has quite the clothing budget, as there seems to be limit to the variety of her wardrobe.

She wanted an urban residential feel to these shots, which is the only significance to the location.
Lloyd: That explains it. You're right, the purple dress didn't suit her. Nice photo, though. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

D300 ; 11-16mm f/2.8
Mikoo: Excellent angle and creative use of the wide angle distortion. :thumbup:

Jorgen: My first thought; "an odd place for a hotel room?" Perhaps, "Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolag" should...no, bad thought. A lot of colorful activity and color. Nicely timed composition. :thumbup:

:p

click for larger

Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1.3 sec. at f/11 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Very colorful for a "Saab". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Hey Y'all,
Steve: Very cool! Really looking forward to seeing your work product as a "Wedding Photographer". Expectations are almost formulaic with regard to the wedding "Album". It will be fun to see how your unique style satisfies and transcends the standards. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Nice hotel! Nice views!! Nice weather!! Nice capture!!:thumbup:

rayyan

Rayyan: Thank you, my friend! :D

Rayyan: You've shown us a great many superb photos like this capturing people at work. They always move me to wonder about their lives. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

Thank you sir.

"Little doggie in the window" in the original color.

D700; Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG ASP HSM; 18mm; 1/30s @ f/22; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, lovely though the colors are, I prefer the BW version. More concentrated graphics, light and shade.

Thank you.:thumbs:

rayyan

Hey Y'all,
We missed you too pal!
Must have been a great experience Steve. I am sure you shall be a hit! Your photography too!

Best.

CNovick

Back to the Kaaterskill Gorge in the Catskill mountains. After a climb of (by the topo map) of about 8-900 ft. down and walking the creek - I came upon this view.
Now I gotta get back up :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.