The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

dude its an actual hobit!!

nice shot!!
:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Thank you kindly.

Rayyan,

Tell us more .... not your usual laborer...clean shirt pendant khaki shorts well pressed...

Athletic build .... no perspiration, dirt nor disheveled appearance.

Would that I could carry such a load with such composure.

Well captured and presented.

Bob
Bob, that's the way it was. Honest!
Thank you very much.

Thank you both very much.:salute:

shtarka1

A great set all around, Steve. Lots of moments they'll never forget. This shot really gets me. Love it.
Steve: Superlative! Your "style" (sorry, insufficient word) translates really well into the world of "wedding photography". High contrast, strong B & W, and still conveying the joy, fun, emotion, and feel of the event. My daughter was married two years ago, so, I have recent experience. :D I like the slightly PJ feel of some of your shots. Well done, buddy!

(No specific reason for paring down to the above photos.)

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Many Thanks Lloyd & Matt!!!

shtarka1

Excellent wedding photos, Steve, and very unique :thumbs:

And here's some practical information for you all:
That other shot was not taken at my hotel room. I just posted it from there. Photographers... :rolleyes:

Here's another one, and no, this one ain't taken at my hotel room either... unfortunately :cry:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

Thanks Jorgen & Wonderful Grab!
These teen age hooligans were too far away for this lens and TC. Fun to look at anyway and see three different personalities. I'm still working on the "normal" colored versions.

1. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/320s@ f/7.1; ISO 800

2. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/400s@ f/4; ISO 1100

3. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/400s@ f/4; ISO 1000

4. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/400s@ f/4; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Killer Processing & Images Sir!:)

woodyspedden

High contrast accentuates the man & his plight so well! You've locked onto his eyes & they are piercing! Great shot & processing Rayyan!

Nice "Rack" you have there Peter!:D

So Nicely restored & shot!

Matt, that looks like one of Jason's Dog's! Good eye & great color! Like the B&W version as well!
Steve

Now these are my kind of wedding shots. Shows the humanity of the occasion as well as recording the event. Congratulations!!

Woody

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Not much time to catch up... but have to salute Steve's new career outstanding debut. First class set! Bravo!!

Jorgen, super nice as usual. Much classier and cheerful than what we've heard recently on the news re, er, hotel action.

Mikoo, interesting use of distortion indeed. Lovely!

Rayyan, the gentleman looks indeed rather at ease and clean for such harsh labour. Great portrait, once more.

Peter, gorgeous colorful set. Thanks for sharing.

Matt, the dancing bears are great. Can't wait to see the regular processing outcome.

Lloyd

That other shot was not taken at my hotel room. I just posted it from there. Photographers... :rolleyes:

Here's another one, and no, this one ain't taken at my hotel room either... unfortunately :cry:

Kinda wondered how you'd get any peace and quiet in a room that close to the track. Thanks for the clarification.

Nice shot. Yes, they might be more interesting in the hotel room. ;)

rayyan

Excellent wedding photos, Steve, and very unique :thumbs:

Posted from the hotel room? Lovely post too!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.