The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Still recovering from the Memorial Day celebrations. My best to all of you great shooters and my thanks and respect for veterans everywhere.

A few odd bits from today's parade.

Peace,
Tim

These are terrific, Tim. Can't pick a favorite.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Generous praise and again, your comments encourage me.

Lloyd: Thanks!

And, since nobody has said anything in a bit, I think it's time to state the obvious... this is the best thread on the forum!

Best,
Tim

CNovick

I spent 2 days climbing the summit of Sleeping Beauty Mountain in Lake George, NY -- I ain't as young as I used to be, but I made it!! Not bad for a 60+ "old timer". This is a shot from about 6 miles away.

CNovick

Driving around the back roads looking for the trailhead, I even found a truck for sale! Would you buy a vehile from this lot?? Sorry, but I had to take a pic and post it!

CNovick

After almost dying on the trip around and up the mountain, I took a number of panoramic views from the summit -- this being one. Despite all the pain, the view was worth it!! This photo is three shots, stitched.

Last edited:

rayyan

"Jump The Broom"!

D700,24G iso 4000 :)
Deserves to be on a billboard for the play.
The BW reminds me of Shaftesbury Avenue in London during the 60s.
The color processing reminds me of my younger days.

Both seem to be beautifully staged. I know they are not.

Excellent Steve.:thumbs:

m_driscoll

In living color!

1. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/320s @ f/7.1; ISO 800

2. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 1000

3. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 800

4. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 1100

5. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 1100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Back to the Kaaterskill Gorge in the Catskill mountains. After a climb of (by the topo map) of about 8-900 ft. down and walking the creek - I came upon this view.
Now I gotta get back up :eek:

I spent 2 days climbing the summit of Sleeping Beauty Mountain in Lake George, NY -- I ain't as young as I used to be, but I made it!! Not bad for a 60+ "old timer". This is a shot from about 6 miles away.
Driving around the back roads looking for the trailhead, I even found a truck for sale! Would you buy a vehile from this lot?? Sorry, but I had to take a pic and post it!

After almost dying on the trip around and up the mountain, I took a number of panoramic views from the summit -- this being one. Despite all the pain, the view was worth it!! This photo is three shots, stitched.
CNovick: Nicely traveled set of photos. I like these two the best. I can hear the stream and is "$400" a good deal? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Excellent wedding photos, Steve, and very unique :thumbs:

And here's some practical information for you all:
That other shot was not taken at my hotel room. I just posted it from there. Photographers... :rolleyes:

Here's another one, and no, this one ain't taken at my hotel room either... unfortunately :cry:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

More racing :D

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 130mm and f/2.8

Jorgen: It must have been the translation. :LOL: The second photo needs no translation...These girls are always, unnervingly happy, incredibly colorful and spectacularly good looking. Or is it you? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.