The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Gorgeous! Nice photo too. ;)
Jorgen- Lloyd stole my line :mad: :D

More seriously, an unusual (in your body of work) slightly hasher character in this portrait. I like that trait a lot.

(btw bokeh is just, well, wow... especially from a dx body)

I just came across this. I think it's one of my favorites. :)

D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-E 14; 1/320s @ f/4.5; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt
As a mere beholder, not my favorite (among such an incredible series) though it's really good, and even impressive. :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, all :)

Jorgen- Lloyd stole my line :mad: :D

More seriously, an unusual (in your body of work) slightly hasher character in this portrait. I like that trait a lot.

(btw bokeh is just, well, wow... especially from a dx body)
Corlan, the 80-200 AF-S would give beautiful bokeh mounted on my $100 Nokia. I hate heavy lenses, but I love this one :salute:

m_driscoll

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 112mm and f/2.8
Gorgeous! Nice photo too. ;)
Jorgen, nice selective focus & bokeh!
Jorgen: +1! Wonderful composition. Enough detail in the OOF face to make it more then just a blur. It's a nice lead in to the main subject. Perfect. :salute:

Matt, I love the ' Live Technicolor ' version.
The first one is sooooo hugable!!:thumbs:
I can see why! That "Cat's" on the Prowl....Um, I mean Bear! Great Image Matt!
As a mere beholder, not my favorite (among such an incredible series) though it's really good, and even impressive. :thumbup:
Yes, I can see why as well. Great shot!! :thumbup:
+1 :thumbs:
Gentlemen: Thank you! :D
Corlan: I'm probably just pleased to find photos I like; two years after I theoretically passed over them. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
First one is a work of art, Steve.
Agree! Simply wonderful, Steve!
Absolutely love the second one too, though i might crop a bit (just a little bit from the top right) on this one, to give more focus on the subjects' expression, wonderfully captured.

:thumbs:

Jorgen: yup as said before, i've shot for years with that lens (or its older sibling?) and it was my favorite for many works. Still don't know why i never bought one again... maybe just because since shooting digital for some reason i find zooms somehow awkward, can' reallysay why. Limited number of brain cells, i guess :eek:

Matt: love this one. Three heads, for as many expressions and "personalities"... great!

Rayyan my dear friend, wow.
Not sure what i'm looking at here, but seriously this is downright spectacular. "Work of Art" has already been used in this page, but without doubt here's another. Composition, colors and layers are just mind blowing. :bugeyes:

rayyan

Rayyan my dear friend, wow.
Not sure what i'm looking at here, but seriously this is downright spectacular. "Work of Art" has already been used in this page, but without doubt here's another. Composition, colors and layers are just mind blowing. :bugeyes:
Corlan..:eek::salute:

une fontaine à Colmar, Alsace

Regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan..:eek::salute:

une fontaine à Colmar, Alsace

Regards.
Une bien belle ville, Colmar.

And quite obviously a great source of inspiration, not only for the medieval buildings. Thought the photo was taken in a ultra modern environment... Again, impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.