The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNovick

... and for this weekend's backwoods adventure -- I went to Fox Creek falls in Berne, NY, and found one of the most fascinating waterfalls. With the rock formations, the water in many places came out from between the rocks. Taken with my D3000, 18mm lens, and 2 sec exposure @ f28.

CNovick

The trail for Fox Creek Falls -- definitely beats a "water runoff" stream bed as a trail, and it comes complete with flowers and NO swarms of black flies and mosquitoes!

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Beautiful 'take' on the 'through the fountain' photo! Water as texture and no 'framing' elements of the fountain...excellent choices.
Corlan: Thanks!
Rayyan: As Corlan said, "poetry". Double entendre and all. And, with a excellent photo as a bonus.
Corlan: Stunning photos of the cold glass of Sauvignon Franc and a cheese. The white-on-white, the garnish , and the way it's lit are extremely attractive. Gourmet Magazine like.
Rayyan: Nice contemplative capture; considering something.
Peter: Terrific photo! Next best thing to killing yourself on a snowmobile.
Rayyan: Just a tease of the church.
CNovick: Nice set of photos. I esp. like the composition and the water blurr in the first one.
:thumbup: :salute: :thumbs: :D :)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Rayyan: Beautiful 'take' on the 'through the fountain' photo! Water as texture and no 'framing' elements of the fountain...excellent choices.

Rayyan: As Corlan said, "poetry". Double entendre and all. And, with a excellent photo as a bonus.

Rayyan: Nice contemplative capture; considering something.

Rayyan: Just a tease of the church.

:thumbup: :salute: :thumbs: :D :)

Cheers, Matt

Thank you sir.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Those are very lovely, Corlan, and sooo "old world" civilized :)
Corlan, these are marvellous! :salute:
Beautifully photographed. Tempting!!;)

I shall take the glass ( ! ).

The cheese is nice though a bit salty. Just like the camel milk cheese here.

Lovely shots sir.:thumbs:
+1 from me. Love that last shot in particular.
Scrumptiously Inviting & Delicious Corlan! Awesome!
Corlan: Stunning photos of the cold glass of Sauvignon Franc and a cheese. The white-on-white, the garnish , and the way it's lit are extremely attractive. Gourmet Magazine like.
Cheers, Matt

I agree! If you have to have sweat, that's the best kind to have. Lovely focus and color.

Tim
Many thanks guys for your kind words. Truly appreciated :)

Jorgen, sooo "old world" hey?
Well, it was my lunch Saturday. Only missing in the photos is the bread, but that would hardly add a touch of modernity either... ;)

Rayyan: salty? Nope, not this kind. We get these from the farm down the road, they only use super fresh milk, no additives. Cheese don't last for more than 4 days once made. Basically plain pressed home battered milk from the free grazing goats -so it's only available 5 to 6 months a year. :lecture: :D Also love the more matured variety btw, including the Camel sort. Long time i didn't have some though -should pay you a visit one day, we'll have this and some of those marvelous dates while discussing photography, tradig travel stories and arguing about the respective merits of oriental and occidental wisdom (and how poorly they're valued in today's world)... yeah, we should do that. One day... :)

Another beautiful portrait of Ayesha, and yes the guys look :eek:
Maybe it was just casual curiosity (hopefully), but the instant captured makes it creepy.

Thanks again all.

Time to pray
For Peace & Health

My Dear Folks, and All Else

I document these times through Prose & Lens
For This Forum , All Endearing Friends.

:salute:
Just quoting for no reason, Steve.
Though the next to last sentence would make a terrific and well appropriate opening quote for an opus of your works...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Peter: what a splash! :toocool:

Vlad: very nice, really.
Have a question though: did you keep the "1-point-something" right angle of the chruch on purpose? My personal impression is that it kinda defeats this somehow meaningful composition by attenuating the leaning human element here. Just my take :)

Vlad

Peter: what a splash! :toocool:

Vlad: very nice, really.
Have a question though: did you keep the "1-point-something" right angle of the chruch on purpose? My personal impression is that it kinda defeats this somehow meaningful composition by attenuating the leaning human element here. Just my take :)

You are absolutely right, that was not on purpose. I edited the image late last night and didn't notice the angle :eek:

Should be fixed now.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
You are absolutely right, that was not on purpose. I edited the image late last night and didn't notice the angle :eek:

Should be fixed now.
As Lloyd noticed, it appears to be different now.
At the same time, you also got rid of the bit of arch of the right end side, which is good, too.

Sorry for being so nit-picking... the shot deserved it -and i wish i was all the same for my own photos, at times :eek:

Great shot, Vlad.

Status
Not open for further replies.