The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Matt, an image recorded with respect.:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! :D

Matt: Very interesting and valuable thoughts!

I don't "take pictures like this" as well. Nevertheless I fully agree with you in estimating Steve's and Rayyan's pictures of the homeless, the poor, the disabled - resp. the "less fortunate" in general.

The key to credibility of a photographer for me is due to the extent and the manner he is able to honestly identify with their subject and adopt their perspective(s) (be it just for the moment of the capture and "through" the picture - and be it in a more empathetic way or by a more intellectual analytic view). IOW: Is he able to achieve an internal perspective or will he remain in an outsider's view. The latter mostly very close to voyeurism ...

For me it boils down to the simple analogy: Am I able to really speak to that subject or do I plainly talk "about" a person, a personal fate; in this case with my pictures? Probably very close to your statement of Steve's and Rayyan's ability to create a "bond".

For me, it's as well a question of "themes" and "opportunities". If the content of a photograph only depends on opportunity and not on themes, I'm really involved in, "this makes me feel 'bad"" as well, to quote your words.

BTW: I think, it's a great capture. And you indicated, why ...
Hermann: Thanks! :D Very good response to what i wrote...and an excellent clarification and elaboration based on your thoughts. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt! You are very generous. I fear it's nothing more than playing the cards one is dealt. Since I always feel better if I make images every day and since I don't always get off the property, I'm left with looking for things close to home. As for Monk or Mathematician, while I have envied both at one time or another, I'm too jaded for one and too dense for the other.
Best,
Tim
Tim: "Looking for things close to home" works for you. You see large images in small things . :thumbup:

Plus 1 from me on the color.
Wow. Been a while since I was in Seattle. Didn't know there was one of these. Nice shot though.
Wow! :bugeyes: Love this... just jumps of the screen. Well done indeed, Matt!
Lloyd: Thanks! Not a real system, like SLC. This tram runs from Westlake Center to Fred Hutch through Paul Allen's South Lake Union neighborhood. Although, you now can take Light Rail from downtown to the Airport!

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Great Contrast,Partition & Genuine Smiles Rayyan!
Rayyan: +1! to what Steve said. My kind of "partitioned" composition.

D3, 28, 1.4 af-d:)
Steve: "The Seeds of Love"? I often read what you named the image and go back to look at it in those terms. It directs my mind and eye to see what you saw. The interaction between the four people fits your description; their scale in relationship to the composition, could even be "seed-like" (stretch, I know, but if they filled the frame, would you have given it the same name?) Nice pp. :thumbup:

I sold my 28mm AFD to Glazer's about two months ago. It was sitting there, unsold, until last week. I'd hoped to get it back. :cry:

Cheers, Matt.

shtarka1

Steve: "The Seeds of Love"? I often read what you named the image and go back to look at it in those terms. It directs my mind and eye to see what you saw. The interaction between the four people fits your description; their scale in relationship to the composition, could even be "seed-like" (stretch, I know, but if they filled the frame, would you have given it the same name?) Nice pp. :thumbup:

I sold my 28mm AFD to Glazer's about two months ago. It was sitting there, unsold, until last week. I'd hoped to get it back. :cry:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, thanks for noticing my titles & putting the puzzle together. Your always on the same page! Yeah im digging the 28 1.4 & especially the 105 1.8 ais! Thanks Brotha! Congrats on the new 0.95?!:eek:;)

rayyan

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, we got to get together someday for a photographic outing. Pike's place is where I need to be.!!
Thank you sir.:salute:

The Enforcer,Protector of The Worlds Most Interesting Man...

D3, ZF 35 1.4:)
Steve, guess all of us need an enforcer it seems! Lovely vintage tonality.
The ' vicarious ' life leading, russian/french speaking coffee drinker is the
main attraction once again, for me. Well done!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.