The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

F6 Goes To Work...

(Ice T & Coco:))
Nikon F6, 60G Micro, Portra 400NC;):)
Steve..once again a masterly collection is presented.
If I had to make a difficult choice, the above two.

Them eyes man! Love em.
The processing one the second is gorgeous.

Outstanding work.:salute:

routlaw

Trying to get better "bear" color here. Thanks in advance for comments/opinions. Two "versions":

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt

Great bear photos as always. I prefer the second for a number of reasons but most importantly is the softer or less contrasty rendering which is much more indicative of the overcast natural light you had. The first one is just a tad too harsh for my taste. The power of subtlety is all too often abandoned, IMHO.

Anyway well done. Where are these furry buddies of your's located btw?

Rob

m_driscoll

Agree with my Buddy Matt, Gary! Excellent IQ & Shot! As for "1 Body, One Lens"...Thats What He Tells His Wife He Has!:rolleyes::p:D!;)
Steve: Unfortunately, she's become friends with Mark at my camera store! They're all black, so, i can say "no, it's an old lens" (didn't work with mountain bikes; probably won't work with lenses!) :D

Not Connected Matt, Just Thought I Was Shooting "Him" While He's Suppose To Be At "Work"!:ROTFL:! Thanks!
Steve: Maybe he thought you were working for his wife...At least, we know he's not 'Whitey" in disguise. :ROTFL:

Matt: interesting take, and exchange with Hermann, on the subject of "pictures like this". I probably missed a few points, disagree with some. But let's not over intellectualize. Not my style, y'know. :ROTFL:

Needed to quote this...
For some reason I'm conjuring up a scene with a NoctiPot and AISKettle. One says "black". The other one throws stones. At glass, of course. No house though. But an architect.
:confused: :deadhorse:

:D

"one body, one lens", eh? :rolleyes:
Corlan: I stay up too late! :confused:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Beautiful, honest portrait, Rayyan.
A Proud,Lovely Woman Captured With Dignity Rayyan!:thumbs:
Rayyan: Admirable directness resulting from that telling gaze and the eye contact are so powerful, i.e. this one really is a favorite for me. :thumbs:
Rayyan: Yes, sir! That's what i would have said first if i was East of Hermann and West of You! Athens? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Trying to get better "bear" color here. Thanks in advance for comments/opinions. Two "versions":

D3; 300mm f/4 w/TCE-14; 1/320 @ f/4.5; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

Matt, it has been a very long time since I saw a bear ( any variety ) in real life!!

What color ' brownish ' bears should look like..I don't know.

The first image though is what I would imagine a bear to be.

Besides I like a bit of contrast.

That's an excellent image too!!:thumbs:

m_driscoll

F6 Goes To Work...

(Ice T & Coco:))
Nikon F6, 60G Micro, Portra 400NC;):)
Steve: Cool set! :cool:
IMHO: 1. Nicely framed; the two hands support the face, lead the eye, and expand the photo 2. the opposite of #1; the head seems bodyless, even though you can see the torso; appears to float; my least favorite. 3. Nice detail and grain; head on but his looking down adds interest...what's he looking at? 4. Album cover; spiritual. 5. Good pose, focus and pp; slightly skeptical look not quite right? 6. Excellent; strong, confident lip curl..."judge me" 7. Perfect composition; nice balance with body positions and expressions; pp, just right; comfortable.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

"shh... let me tell you a secret..."

"... the marmoset don't have no nice vivid colors like me..."

"... see?" :)
Outstanding Subjects,Color,Saturation,Contrast,Compositions & Images Corlan!:salute:
Corlan: Nice treatments on both your shots of our animal friends. Especially nice color on the birdy but love the way the white tufts glow in B&W.
Best,
Tim
Corlan: Nice capture and (for my taste) technically perfect and apt b&w treatment!
I am listening. Take your time. I can watch you brilliant colors for a long long time!!
Beautiful lighting. Superb control of tonality.
The bar is being raised very high around here!!:salute:
Corlan: +5! I'm along for the ride. Love the B & W ??? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt

Great bear photos as always. I prefer the second for a number of reasons but most importantly is the softer or less contrasty rendering which is much more indicative of the overcast natural light you had. The first one is just a tad too harsh for my taste. The power of subtlety is all too often abandoned, IMHO.

Anyway well done. Where are these furry buddies of your's located btw?

Rob
Rob: Thanks for commenting. Easy to get there. Most of the way there's only one road. Drive North, turn left at Edmonton, drive West until the road ends at the Pacific Ocean (Prince Rupert), catch a seaplane for a 1/2 hour flight NE to the Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary.

Matt, it has been a very long time since I saw a bear ( any variety ) in real life!!

What color ' brownish ' bears should look like..I don't know.

The first image though is what I would imagine a bear to be.

Besides I like a bit of contrast.

That's an excellent image too!!:thumbs:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! :D

One "preference" for each. Grizzlies come in a lot of different shades of brown, which vary with the lighting. The second photo does seem more natural to me. Although, it might be a bit red?

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve, Rayyan, Tim, Hermann, Matt... thank you all for the kind words. Much appreciated.

(though the parakeet is nice, like you guys the strong tonal b&w is a favorite - and the shot is certainly trickier to get)

Matt: re the bears versions, i'm not sure. First off the greens look a bit odd to me, unlike your usual treatments in this series (normally i really like them, i mean since you got rid of the slight magenta cast on some...). But you were there, and it might very well be just different kinda light / grass. Otherwise, i like the more subtle bear hair treatment of #2, but global contrast wise it's a bit dull and in that regard i understand Rayyan's preference. Strictly as they are, i'd bet #1 would print nicer for the same reasons. In the end, i'll go for a mix - i know, i know, this is helpful :D

shtarka1

Steve: Cool set! :cool:
IMHO: 1. Nicely framed; the two hands support the face, lead the eye, and expand the photo 2. the opposite of #1; the head seems bodyless, even though you can see the torso; appears to float; my least favorite. 3. Nice detail and grain; head on but his looking down adds interest...what's he looking at? 4. Album cover; spiritual. 5. Good pose, focus and pp; slightly skeptical look not quite right? 6. Excellent; strong, confident lip curl..."judge me" 7. Perfect composition; nice balance with body positions and expressions; pp, just right; comfortable.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, thanks for the Honest Critique. # 2 is my buddy Peter & he was Adamant about not having his picture taken! No excuses on the Bodyless Man!:D # 3 is my friend Mark, ho was reading the Herald, with "Whitey" on the Cover. I was Screaming at him to Look Up & he wouldn't. I said , "i Promise I Wont Blow Your Cover & Publish This!";):D Maybe He's Part Of Whitey's Winter Hill Gang!:rolleyes: Anyway, i was just testing out the F6 for the first time at work & was basically Harassing my felloy co-worker's!:) Thanks Amigo!

Status
Not open for further replies.