The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Its summer vacations here.

My grand kids have moved in with us. Mariam, five and a half, insists to sleep with me.

Read me a story, she said this evening. So I read.

Halfway through the story she fell asleep.

I took a picture. Adventure for her. Something priceless for me.

shtarka1

Rayyan, So Heartwarming,Sweet & Lovable!!! 9 Days Without Sunshine In The Boston Area Has Just Been Erased Due To This Ray Of Light!!!:thumbs:

rayyan

Rayyan, So Heartwarming,Sweet & Lovable!!! 9 Days Without Sunshine In The Boston Area Has Just Been Erased Due To This Ray Of Light!!!:thumbs:
Steve, may your life and that of those you love always be filled with sunshine.
Such a beautiful thing to say brother. Thank you very very much.:salute:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
An evening out on the Palouse area of Eastern Washington State. Who says that a 200-400 VR isn't a landscape lens? :)

D3x, 200-400VR @ 400mm 1/60 f4.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Steve, Rayyan, Tim, Hermann, Matt... thank you all for the kind words. Much appreciated.

(though the parakeet is nice, like you guys the strong tonal b&w is a favorite - and the shot is certainly trickier to get)

Matt: re the bears versions, i'm not sure. First off the greens look a bit odd to me, unlike your usual treatments in this series (normally i really like them, i mean since you got rid of the slight magenta cast on some...). But you were there, and it might very well be just different kinda light / grass. Otherwise, i like the more subtle bear hair treatment of #2, but global contrast wise it's a bit dull and in that regard i understand Rayyan's preference. Strictly as they are, i'd bet #1 would print nicer for the same reasons. In the end, i'll go for a mix - i know, i know, this is helpful :D
Corlan: You da man! It's very helpfull (and, I just remembered your other email! :eek: My bad).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, thanks for the Honest Critique. # 2 is my buddy Peter & he was Adamant about not having his picture taken! No excuses on the Bodyless Man!:D # 3 is my friend Mark, ho was reading the Herald, with "Whitey" on the Cover. I was Screaming at him to Look Up & he wouldn't. I said , "i Promise I Wont Blow Your Cover & Publish This!";):D Maybe He's Part Of Whitey's Winter Hill Gang!:rolleyes: Anyway, i was just testing out the F6 for the first time at work & was basically Harassing my felloy co-worker's!:) Thanks Amigo!
Steve: You're welcome. Sometimes, I get into it. New F6? Beautiful "testing out". :thumbup:

Im going for # 2 this time for more detail on the Ground. Im almost always a Heavy Contrast Freak as you well know. Number 2 this time on this Very Cool Capture!
Steve: Thank you, sir. :D

Matt: My vote for # 2 (particularly regarding the fur and the ground), although I second Corlan's remark about the greens here, that might be a little bit off (but less so in # 2 again).
Hermann: Thanks. I'm going to have to figure out how to get consistent color across a series of photographs? Get one, or two, right and use them as "control" photos side by side with the one that i'm processing?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Non, je ne regrette rien.....

Rayyan, My Wife Is Always Right Too!:rolleyes::confused:;):D!
Beautiful, Even When Perturbed!:)
Sans aucun doute et hors catégorie ...:)
Of course your wife is always right. As are all wives.!!

And thank you kindly dear sir!!:salute:
You my dear friend too are in a different league of genlemen, without a doubt.!!

Sincere thanks Hermann.:salute:
She probably doesn't, either.

And that, my dear friend, is possibly the best compliment you can get...
;)
Rayyan: My 'french' speaker says "no regrets", "don't regret anything"? Makes sense, esp. per Corlan's comment. I'll also +1 Steve. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Its summer vacations here.

My grand kids have moved in with us. Mariam, five and a half, insists to sleep with me.

Read me a story, she said this evening. So I read.

Halfway through the story she fell asleep.

I took a picture. Adventure for her. Something priceless for me.

Steve, may your life and that of those you love always be filled with sunshine.
Such a beautiful thing to say brother. Thank you very very much.:salute:
Rayyan: Wonderful composition and tone. Nothing to add to the above. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Rayyan/Graham: Water and wheat. "Staff of Life"...sort of.

Along the banks of the Danube..Szentendre.

Rayyan: Great color and flow. :thumbup:

An evening out on the Palouse area of Eastern Washington State. Who says that a 600/4 isn't a landscape lens? :)

Graham: Superb! Color, light, composition, rhythm, compression are wonderful. I have to ask: when was this taken? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham: Superb! Color, light, composition, rhythm, compression are wonderful. I have to ask: when was this taken? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Matt,

That shot was taken July 9th 2010 according to the Exif. It's from Steptoe Butte.

Everything out there is running about a month late this year. I'm off out there again in two weeks time for trip #2 this year. I may go back later in August as a colleague of mine has a farm out there and will be harvesting. I just noticed that I actually took this with my 200-400 VR & D3x, not the 600mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.