The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Gents. I think I've met my adorable quota for awhile. Back to more "manly" stuff. Like the finished/restored chimney on the barn (just to tie up loose ends).

rayyan

A friend invited me to go sailing in San Francisco Bay recently so I packed up the D700 and took the opportunity to take some photos of this very photogenic city :)

This one with the 14-24mm f2.8 as we were passing under the GG bridge - I usually like my horizons straight but wanted to try a different perspective on the bridge since it's been photographed from every angle ;-)
Another excellent offering Joe.:thumbs:

Regards.

dmeckert

still some retouching to do, obviously...but this is the final treatment i'm gonna go with. 99% sure. it's the one i keep coming back to. (and is much better without the magenta hand. haha)

now off to the MF forum to post a few more images from the day.

Lloyd

still some retouching to do, obviously...but this is the final treatment i'm gonna go with. 99% sure. it's the one i keep coming back to. (and is much better without the magenta hand. haha)

now off to the MF forum to post a few more images from the day.
Yup. This one's a winner.

rayyan

I really like the framing here, and the focus on the object in the center. The somewhat distracted, oblique, out of focues inclusion of the men is perfect.
Morning Lloyd,

Thanks pal. Weekend here. Sitting outside. Bit warm.

Take care.

benroy

Subscriber Member
The picture of the kid smoker and the bridge appear on this page 5 times each...tedious, repetitive, and space wasting seeing the same images over and over...why does commenting on the pic require displaying an image that has already been viewed 4-5 times? I'm not criticizing the quality of these images (no offense intended to the photographers who took the pics)...just the quantity...visual overkill.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Lloyd

The picture of the kid smoker and the bridge appear on this page 5 times each...tedious, repetitive, and space wasting seeing the same images over and over...why does commenting on the pic require displaying an image that has already been viewed 4-5 times?

Roy Benson
Sometimes it's required for reference. Not always clear which image is being commented on otherwise. Some people don't visit as often as others, and when wishing to focus a comment on a particular image, there often isn't a ready way to do it without including the shot. BTW, the kid smoker appears as versions, as David was trying out different processing options and asking for feedback.

The issue you raise is nonetheless legitimate, and has been raised any number of times before. It's actually doesn't occur as often as it did previously.

Your point's well taken, but I suspect the practice will continue.

Last edited:
This one is a real winner!!
Creative and impactful at the same time, technically perfect on top of that.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
(...and, i'm usually keen on straight horizons, too...)
Thanks! This is a shot where the D700 DR really helps - so easy to blow the white sails and I had to boost the underside of the bridge significantly as it was mostly dark shadow (and I wanted the details of the truss work visible).

Like the quite clean b&w city view, too.
Thanks - I spent waaaay too much time tweaking that one ;-)

Not too found on the other two, but that's just me and the HDR treatment feel here :)
Thanks for that - I do appreciate the honest feedback - pp for me is still a learning experience so still feeling my way through and trying to develop my own style - I figure I should have it nailed in 10 or 20 years :rolleyes:

Stunning Views & Set!!!
Thanks Steve - I've enjoyed your postings as well.

Joe, this is outstanding.:thumbs:
Thanks - much appreciated.

Joe, these are full on terrific! These two are my particular favorites. I'm an east coast guy, but I did a year of post-grad work in San Fran, and came to love the place.
Glad you love this city too - it is a photographer's wonderland :toocool:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A friend invited me to go sailing in San Francisco Bay recently so I packed up the D700 and took the opportunity to take some photos of this very photogenic city :)

This one with the 14-24mm f2.8 as we were passing under the GG bridge - I usually like my horizons straight but wanted to try a different perspective on the bridge since it's been photographed from every angle ;-)

The City - taken with 70-200mm f2.8

Kite boarding fun in the bay!

Sailing Home - also with 70-200mm f2.8

Thanks for looking.
These really sing. Great work :thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sorry for not being here much lately. Lots of work, lots of visitors, lots of challenges of all kinds. But here's one from last weekend, caught at the race track of course :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/2.8

Lloyd

That one will warm the cockles of your heart for sure! Great portrait Jorgen. Beautiful in b/w. :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
David: no need to pull the card. I'll buy this one :)

I really like the framing here, and the focus on the object in the center. The somewhat distracted, oblique, out of focues inclusion of the men is perfect.
+1 from me! :salute:
(Lloyd said it all)

Sorry for not being here much lately. Lots of work, lots of visitors, lots of challenges of all kinds. But here's one from last weekend, caught at the race track of course :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/2.8
Beautiful portrait, clever title.
What do they call such "eyepieces"?

Status
Not open for further replies.