The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Hermann: very fine color and composition...so I will refrain, for a while, from using my scrolling finger...these pics will stick in my mind's eye for quite a spell.

Roy Benson

shtarka1

Hermann: very fine color and composition...so I will refrain, for a while, from using my scrolling finger...these pics will stick in my mind's eye for quite a spell.

Roy Benson
:D:thumbs:

Spoke To Roy In A PM & He's Good People!

jbcrane

John: The more, I look at your flag photo, the more I like it. It doesn't have the "in your face" attitude that photos of the flag sometimes have. More narrative and more depth to it.

The last set is also quite nice. Lots to photograph in DC. I especially like the composition in "Changing..".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
JB, that is a marvellous shot.:thumbs:
Powerful,Creative,Excellent John!
These are terrific, John. That "changing of the guard shot in particular"!
Thanks everyone. Sincerely appreciated.

jbcrane

Teenage grizzlies in the Khutzeymateen. Newly discovered, or, reprocessed. Not sure which?

1. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 1250

2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 900

Cheers, Matt

Matt-Holy Smokes-these are sensational. I love the debris flying off the fur of that first shot and how you can see how tightly woven his coat is. You got a nice backdrop, too, with that solid green... makes the center of interest even more pronounced and accentuates the curves of the animals. Very nice.
And the eye of the cub on the second one is what I like the most... it's cool to see these powerful, awesome creatures in a playful state - always revealing. That 500 is doing well for you. Well done.:salute:

jbcrane

Since there's no risk, that they are repeated to death right now :D, two from the Munich underground:

"City Lights"

D 700, AF-S 24/1.4G @ f4.5 & ISO 2000

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.
Hermann-I'm a sucker for saturation, symmetry and austerity and absolutely love the pure palette of number 2. Very "german" looking, which works out well considering where it was shot...

Very cool shots, Hermann.

Roy Benson
Hermann, Both Dynamic,Colorful, Well Seen & Shot! Sehr Gut!!!
Hermann, Lovely colors,Beautiful German design.

Well seen and captured!!:thumbs:
Lloyd, Roy, Steve, Rayyan: Thanks for your kind words and responses, gentlemen! :salute:

Hermann-I'm a sucker for saturation, symmetry and austerity and absolutely love the pure palette of number 2. Very "german" looking, which works out well considering where it was shot...
John: Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond and particularly for pointing out some facets of the capture you like! The more so because it's fitting exactly to the look I was after here :) ... BTW: The remaining slight asymetries are on purpose and technical perfection wasn't intended at all - simply snaps of everyday life in the city.

Rayyan: Really one more to admire: I particularly like the impression of the subjects beeing apparantly not involved (missing eye contact) and the composition here. :thumbs: :salute:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Here's a little fun. Not art.

At a 4th of July party, the new bride (married 2 days prior) decided to don her wedding dress and make a grand entrance (and a statement to all her redneck friends) to a field where the group was shooting skeet. She arrived on the riding mower, Budweiser in hand, and proceeded to break some clay pigeons in her gown.

The Limo:

Cruisin':

Boom!:

Best,
Tim

m_driscoll

Matt, I like this one for its intimacy. Lovely, from afar I guess.:thumbup:
Matt, there's always a deep breath & a Wow after every Grizzly shot! Love these!:thumbs:
Awesome shots, Matt. Glad you found (or reprocessed) them. I love the look in the eye of the bottom bear in the lower image. Great catch....
Matt: So am I! That's why I'd simply take both of them :), since they're both absolutely great - poses, composition and colors/PP. :thumbs::thumbs:
Matt-Holy Smokes-these are sensational. I love the debris flying off the fur of that first shot and how you can see how tightly woven his coat is. You got a nice backdrop, too, with that solid green... makes the center of interest even more pronounced and accentuates the curves of the animals. Very nice.
And the eye of the cub on the second one is what I like the most... it's cool to see these powerful, awesome creatures in a playful state - always revealing. That 500 is doing well for you. Well done.:salute:
Rayyan/Steve/Lloyd/Hermann/John: Gentlemen, Thank you! :D
These three bears were amazing. The third one was always nearby; but not into the same roughhousing as these two. I no longer have the 500mm. it was a 'bear' to handhold in a zodiac; but, the IQ was worth it. I've got more folders to go through.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Since there's no risk, that they are repeated to death right now :D, two from the Munich underground:
"In Between"
D 700, AF-S 24/1.4G @ f/4.5 & ISO 2000

"City Lights"
D 700, AF-S 24/1.4G @ f4.5 & ISO 2000
Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.
Hermann: Brilliant! Single-point perspectives work well. Subtle blues in the first and unreal blues in the second. Very understated light fixtures in that one, too. :thumbup: :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.