The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Corlan: Yes, seriously indeed! :D

Rayyan: I agree with Steve, the cold blue looks very refreshing and inviting. Beautiful image. The water in the foreground seems to go on forever. :bugeyes:

Steve: That kids got the right idea. Nicely seen and captured. :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve Rayyan Lloyd thanks :D

Steve: exceptional fountain shot. Great eye, perfect composition! :thumbs:

Rayyan: love the views from the fjords. Outstanding processing... last one is great, but the first photo posted with the infinite seascape makes you want dive, and swim, even against nature -these waters are probably more for Matt's bears than us mere humans. Electric blue colors are fantastic.

Arne Hvaring

LLoyd, those shots of your lovely wife goes right to the heart.
Technically, in spite of numerous flashes, the light looks perfectly natural, well done!

dmeckert

i have a new shot to share, from the other day...

entirely lacking in pretty girl factor, my apologies. lol.

but i've been meaning to test out my not-so-proglobes/ghettoglobes (10" and 12" frosted acryic globes, meant to emulate the $700 profoto proglobe), and keep forgetting. after my shoot the other day i saw them and told the model to get against a clean wall, and got the camera back out to try the stupid things.

looking on the back of the camera, i was like "meh...i hate this thing". but on the computer, with a little tweaking of the white balance and contrast...the globe might be pretty high on my favorite modifiers list. it has an interesting look about it...something about the way it fills in its own shadows, and describes volume. this is the 12" one, relatively close to the model...maybe 3 feet, pointed at the ceiling, so its indirect, and there's fill from an 8ft ceiling. definitely warrants further investigation. i bought an AB/balcar mount insert to epoxy to the thing if i end up liking it a lot in one size or the other.

technical info: d300, 28-70/2.8 @ 28mm f/5.6. einstein 640 w/ globe @ 1/64 power. white balance, contrast, black point, and vibration/saturation adjusted in lightroom.

CNovick

... and for this week's trip into the wilderness. A 3 day, 11 mile +/- trip back to T-Lake and T-Lake Falls in the Adirondacks. The trail was 'abandoned' about 5 years or so ago, after (since 1998) 5 people have died back there. My son and I decided to make the trip.

The warnings:

The trails:

CNovick

There's quicksand out there - I KNOW! Balancing my camera equipment on my chest while laying back in the watery grass and pulling myself out - Fun times!

A small falls along the way.

View from the top of T-Lake Falls - 300 ft. high

I did not make it to the bottom of the Falls - not enough rope with me. Next time!!!

CNovick

And in Memorium:

Memorial plaque and newspaper articles of people who have died at the falls - RIP

Last edited:

jbcrane

The most striking feature of this thread is the sheer variety of excellent images beeing posted. Far too many for me to comment on individually since my last post, but I really must congratulate Lloyd on his last series, just outstanding!

Overdue (to put it mildly) here is the last installment of unseasonal images, the last one more recent to bring it up to date:)

Arne-I'll second the excellence and variety comments above. You guys are all just too good. Pleasure to view your work. No.2 and 3 just bring peace on this warm, humid night. Thanks for posting to remind me of what awaits in a few short months (not that I'm in a hurry for summer to end at all). Nice work.

jbcrane

Ok. I'll get punched if someone (I bet you can guess who) finds out I posted these. Mimi's been looking for a new job, and had a couple of interviews this past week. She has a friend who does wardrobe and image consulting, who helped her choose the outfits she wore to the interviews. The friend asked for some pictures for her blog, so I took these in the backyard a couple of days ago, right after Mimi got home from an interview. The background isn't the greatest, but I'm kinda fond of the subject.

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII:

Big octabox to her right, and a bare strobe to the left and behind her.

(She doesn't like that last one, btw. Says she looks "like a poser". :LOL:)
Lloyd-there are just beautiful. I love the light, the outfit, the pose, the facial expressions... they scream "hire me! I'm cute!" The backdrop is the only demerit in my eye, and even it's good. You're a lucky guy, and she's a lucky gal. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.