The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

i have a new shot to share, from the other day...

entirely lacking in pretty girl factor, my apologies. lol.

but i've been meaning to test out my not-so-proglobes/ghettoglobes (10" and 12" frosted acryic globes, meant to emulate the $700 profoto proglobe), and keep forgetting. after my shoot the other day i saw them and told the model to get against a clean wall, and got the camera back out to try the stupid things.

looking on the back of the camera, i was like "meh...i hate this thing". but on the computer, with a little tweaking of the white balance and contrast...the globe might be pretty high on my favorite modifiers list. it has an interesting look about it...something about the way it fills in its own shadows, and describes volume. this is the 12" one, relatively close to the model...maybe 3 feet, pointed at the ceiling, so its indirect, and there's fill from an 8ft ceiling. definitely warrants further investigation. i bought an AB/balcar mount insert to epoxy to the thing if i end up liking it a lot in one size or the other.

technical info: d300, 28-70/2.8 @ 28mm f/5.6. einstein 640 w/ globe @ 1/64 power. white balance, contrast, black point, and vibration/saturation adjusted in lightroom.
David-I love the vintage look of this... I'd say get that glue gun out and start heating this modifier up. It's a winner. Nice work.

jbcrane

(...one week late... hence the page # references...)
-pages 57 & 58-
John: great stuff as always. Digital or Analog. Another proof that it's all about the photographer...
The Rifle Presentation is quite impressive.

-page 59-
John: Provia looks great all the way. The firefighters are just spot on.
Corlan, thanks for taking the time for such well thought comments on mine and everyone elses work. As always it's much appreciated.

jbcrane

Here are a few from the local Harry Potter ho-down at the local cinema.

Went old school reportage on this with the F6, Tri-X and on-camera SB-800.

m_driscoll

Steve: There was nothing under my pillow the next morning? So, I went down and got my own Leica "surprises"
Steve: "Bluto"? that was 33 yrs. ago! You're not that old? Good look, shades, title, and photo.
Arne: That last photo with all of its flaws (;)) is very cool.
Lloyd: I've never seen a pink rainbow. Thanks for sharing.
Steve: Great "Sail Boston"! Filmic in the best sense.
Don: Beautiful. unique, photo of "Lower Antelope"
Steve: Yeah, and "she's going to get you if you don't stop!". Cool framing and pp.
Lloyd: "Show Stopping,Drop Dead Gorgeous My Brotha!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyes: :thumbs: :salute:" (1)
Corlan: Thank you sir. I have a bit of trouble with color consistency from photo to photo.
Corlan: You couldn't have actually photographed that giraffe?? That's so cool!
Rayyan: Northern Norway; cold blue water; somehow meditative.
Steve: But does he know where his parents are? Great timing and composition. :thumbup: Could have used a fountain like this here. I think it got up to 69 deg. f, the other day! :p
Rayyan: An unreal, but appropriate, cobalt blue. Nice, again.
David: Interesting portrait. I'm enjoying the tech info you throw in with the photos.
CNovick: All nice, but, the last is my favorite of your T-Lake photos. Great greens.
Steve: "When you're a Jet..." :thumbup:
CNovick: Thanks for sharing your hike. The "Falls" looks like a good place to get in trouble.
John: We went to Harry Potter today. No one was dressed like this! #1 is my favorite. Excellent pp and neat presentation.
(1) Steve, Post # 3029

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Here are a few from the local Harry Potter ho-down at the local cinema.

Went old school reportage on this with the F6, Tri-X and on-camera SB-800.
Excellent Potter Reportage & Set JB! Dropped My Daughter Off At Midnight To See This....Oy!:D

Lloyd

Rayyan: love the views from the fjords. Outstanding processing... last one is great, but the first photo posted with the infinite seascape makes you want dive, and swim, even against nature -these waters are probably more for Matt's bears than us mere humans. Electric blue colors are fantastic.
Rayyan, Another Wonderful Landscape Shot!

Add my vote here. Amazing blues.

m_driscoll

Matt, Im Looking At My Framed & "Matted" Bear Shot On My Wall & Thinking Man, Can't Even Imagine Being Out There Shooting These Amazing Animals! This Grab Is So Freaken Awesome! What A Magnificent Series!!! Deserves A Gallery Exhibit!:salute:
Steve: Thanks, my friend! :D I can imagine you out there. ;)

D700, 105, 1.8 ais:)
Steve: Looks like a great day out on the water. This is great with the backdrop of the city. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.