The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Amazing creature. That bare forehead is fascinating to me. Great shot, Matt.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D I had to go back to see the "bare" head. I hadn't particularly noticed it before. It's definitely a characteristic of older bears.

"Tommy Chong", Looking For "Cheech Marin"..

D700, 105 1.8 ais:)
Steve: GQ has declared Boston as "Worst Dressed Place in America" (Seattle was only #32 :p) :) Also, Cheech is probably in LA. Both facts are extremely relevant to your photo. ;) Cool capture. Bit of tension with the women looking off to the right. Moves the eye back and forth between Tommy and her. Wonder what the women's looking at? Good photo = questions. Super B & W. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thank you John, (sorry for the late reply, but I'm on vacation:)) and I quite agree wrt. the summer, I love it, perhaps because it is so short hereabouts...
Nice HarryP shots, and very appropriate in B&W. Ah- Tri-X and HC-110, those were the days...

Matt, thank you, hope you liked it in spite of the faults...:p

Sometimes winter can be just plain delightful..
(This will be the last of my unseasonal images, I promise..:))

Arne: wonderful pics!
Roy Benson
Plus 1 from me, Arne. Gorgeous. Makes the long cold look inviting. :salute:
Arne: +3! from me. Your colors are incredibly light and bright. Very Northern winter. I really like the layers and detail in this one. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

This is "Lefty". He's one of the largest grizzlies in the Khutzeymateen. Apparently, he hadn't been around for a couple of years, and here he is, walking out of the woods! Named "Lefty" because of the missing left ear that he probably lost in a fight.

When he wasn't looking directly at us, we were moving slowly back towards the zodiac! :bugeyes: He's what the three teenage bears were standing on their hind legs to smell. They skedaddled way up the beach and into the woods, a minute, or two, before he showed up. :eek:

1. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; !/500 @ f/7.1; ISO 800

2. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; !/400 @ f/8; ISO 800

3. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; !/400 @ f/8; ISO 800

4. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; !/500 @ f/7.1; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

This is "Lefty". He's one of the largest grizzlies in the Khutzeymateen. Apparently, he hadn't been around for a couple of years, and here he is, walking out of the woods! Named "Lefty" because of the missing left ear that he probably lost in a fight.

Matt, seems quite old and experienced!!

Wonder if they recognize you if you go again!!

shtarka1

Lloyd: Thanks! :D I had to go back to see the "bare" head. I hadn't particularly noticed it before. It's definitely a characteristic of older bears.

Steve: GQ has declared Boston as "Worst Dressed Place in America" (Seattle was only #32 :p) :) Also, Cheech is probably in LA. Both facts are extremely relevant to your photo. ;) Cool capture. Bit of tension with the women looking off to the right. Moves the eye back and forth between Tommy and her. Wonder what the women's looking at? Good photo = questions. Super B & W. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Wonder if im contributing to that statistic?:rolleyes::D The lady kept asking me to take pics of her red Harley. I did..& i thought i was dressed quite GQish!:D Thanks Matt!:)

shtarka1

Steve, lovely framing here. But I do not get the title..my ignorance.
As usual excellent bw and use of the 105 ais.:thumbs:
Rayyan, My Bad In Assuming Such Comedic Brilliance Is World Renowned. Cheech & Chong Were Comedians In The 70 & 80s & Being In High School At The Time, It Was The Funniest Stuff Around! I Thought This Chap Resembled One of The Stars, Tommy Chong. Here's A Little Intro To Their Shtick..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2pXxHW1DHs

Thanks Rayyan!:D

shtarka1

When he wasn't looking directly at us, we were moving slowly back towards the zodiac! :bugeyes: He's what the three teenage bears were standing on their hind legs to smell. They skedaddled way up the beach and into the woods, a minute, or two, before he showed up. :eek:

Cheers, Matt

Matt, I Work With A Guy Named "Lefty" & He's Big,Bad & A Fighter Also! Your Lefty Has A Few Pounds On Him Though! Great Set!

shtarka1

Thank you John, (sorry for the late reply, but I'm on vacation:)) and I quite agree wrt. the summer, I love it, perhaps because it is so short hereabouts...
Nice HarryP shots, and very appropriate in B&W. Ah- Tri-X and HC-110, those were the days...

Matt, thank you, hope you liked it in spite of the faults...:p

Sometimes winter can be just plain delightful..
(This will be the last of my unseasonal images, I promise..:))

Stunning!

Lloyd

Cheers, Matt

I wondered that too.

Matt, I Work With A Guy Named "Lefty" & He's Big,Bad & A Fighter Also! Your Lefty Has A Few Pounds On Him Though! Great Set!
Left is quite a magnificent specimen! No wonder the teenage bears "skedaddled". Looks like a force to be reckoned with... and best done from a respectful distance. The look in his eyes in that last shot will haunt your dreams. :bugeyes:

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Don't know about Lefty; but, I know Lucy (mama bear with two cubs) recognizes the Zodiacs and maybe the guides?).
She likes them around, and camps out close, because it keeps bears like Lefty away! :D

Wonder if im contributing to that statistic?:rolleyes::D The lady kept asking me to take pics of her red Harley. I did..& i thought i was dressed quite GQish!:D Thanks Matt!:)
Steve: Thanks! I'm sure you elevated Boston's rating and I lowered Seattle's. :p

I wondered that too.

Lefty is quite a magnificent specimen! No wonder the teenage bears "skedaddled". Looks like a force to be reckoned with... and best done from a respectful distance. The look in his eyes in that last shot will haunt your dreams. :bugeyes:
Lloyd: He was impressive, and a little scary. That look is really sizing us up (for a meal?) and warning us off.

Cheers, Matt

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I don't have the organizational skills that Corlan seems to possess (as evidenced by his personalized commentary on pages of photos) and it's a bit humid for me to get too flowery or wordy. But hey, you know I love you, right? Wonderful images from everyone.

One note: JBCrane's Tri-X shots prove that when it comes to B&W, Tri-X is still the king. If anyone is wondering what B&W should look like, the film is a terrific compass—even when scanned. Also, please note the lack of grain! Hey, I'm just sayin' and with full-disclosure have to admit to being a complete anti-grain-er. As "bad" as Tri-X could be when it comes to grain, some of the post effects meant to mimic film grain make it look positively smooth. Just my 2C.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, you guys can't be beet.

Best,
Tim

Arne Hvaring

Roy, Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve: Thank you Gentlemen for the comments, as always much appreciated!

Matt, thanks! Those bear shots...wow, you're a brave man :salute:

shtarka1

I don't have the organizational skills that Corlan seems to possess (as evidenced by his personalized commentary on pages of photos) and it's a bit humid for me to get too flowery or wordy. But hey, you know I love you, right? Wonderful images from everyone.

One note: JBCrane's Tri-X shots prove that when it comes to B&W, Tri-X is still the king. If anyone is wondering what B&W should look like, the film is a terrific compass—even when scanned. Also, please note the lack of grain! Hey, I'm just sayin' and with full-disclosure have to admit to being a complete anti-grain-er. As "bad" as Tri-X could be when it comes to grain, some of the post effects meant to mimic film grain make it look positively smooth. Just my 2C.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, you guys can't be beet.

Best,
Tim
Strong Color,Sharpness & Most Importantly....No Grain!;):thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.