The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely winter shots, Arne. Makes me want to go back to Lommedalen and dig out my skis... if they still exist. Their lateness reminds me of the good, old proverb "Hvis skaran bærer i juni blir det sein vår" :)

Here's one from me.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm, f/11 and 1/60s

You thought Kiwis can't fly? Equip them with a large V8 engine, and they will :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 120mm, f/10 and 1/200s

... oh, and anime style contact lenses seem to be the rage at the moment. I can live with that I guess :D

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 112mm and f/4.0

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Wonderful expressions.. The pp suits and makes the photo seem older and more exotic, IMHO. :salute:

I don't have the organizational skills that Corlan seems to possess (as evidenced by his personalized commentary on pages of photos) and it's a bit humid for me to get too flowery or wordy. But hey, you know I love you, right? Wonderful images from everyone.

One note: JBCrane's Tri-X shots prove that when it comes to B&W, Tri-X is still the king. If anyone is wondering what B&W should look like, the film is a terrific compass—even when scanned. Also, please note the lack of grain! Hey, I'm just sayin' and with full-disclosure have to admit to being a complete anti-grain-er. As "bad" as Tri-X could be when it comes to grain, some of the post effects meant to mimic film grain make it look positively smooth. Just my 2C.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, you guys can't be beet.

Best,
Tim
Tim: Brilliantly photographed beet. :thumbup: A cupcake, carrots and fruit on the Leica M thread, and now a beet. Where's the beef? :D

I think most of us realize that there's nothing like real film. I don't believe that the pp (i.e. SEP2) is getting the same look. It's just getting a "look" (and it can be a very cool one!}. Tofurky? It's a big menu with plenty to choose from. With film the fare is limited; and, that's a plus.

BTW: John's web sites are a treat!

Roy, Lloyd, Rayyan, Steve: Thank you Gentlemen for the comments, as always much appreciated!
Matt, thanks! Those bear shots...wow, you're a brave man :salute:
Arne: The guide had pepper spray and a loud horn. Worst case, I could jam the D3 and the 300mm in his mouth and :p. :LOL:

Lovely winter shots, Arne. Makes me want to go back to Lommedalen and dig out my skis... if they still exist. Their lateness reminds me of the good, old proverb "Hvis skaran bærer i juni blir det sein vår" :)

Here's one from me.
You thought Kiwis can't fly? Equip them with a large V8 engine, and they will :)
... oh, and anime style contact lenses seem to be the rage at the moment. I can live with that I guess :D
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 112mm and f/4.0
Jorgen: Certainly missed your race track photos!!!! :D

dmeckert

Uniquely Cool, David!
David-I love the vintage look of this... I'd say get that glue gun out and start heating this modifier up. It's a winner. Nice work.
David: Interesting portrait. I'm enjoying the tech info you throw in with the photos.

thanks gentlemen :D i think i'm definitely gonna bust out the epoxy and put the globe together properly. just gotta pick the 10" or 12" (or buy another mount plate. lol). and i'll keep the tech info coming...i figure these forums are as much about gear as they are great photos...and its helpful as a reference.

cheers :D

oh...and i'll have more coming in the next few days. i've nearly finished two more sets.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
My take on a cliche'd subject. I was scoping out the garden for a return shoot in better light in the fall. However, I kind of liked this Saturday afternoon version.

D700, 24-120/4 VR

shtarka1

Here's one from me.

Jorgen, Insane Horsepower in that little body! Always Appreciate "Bean"!:D Nice set!
Chung, Beautiful composition & light!
Here is something smoooth!! Non granular.

Non Tri-x; D700; legs are unshaven too!!
"Smooth as a babies bottom!":D Adorable, Rayyan!
More from the races :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8

Now Thats "Smooth"! Very Nice Jorgen!

dmeckert

as promised, some from the last shoot i finished retouching. no pretty girl factor here either...it was boy week, seemingly. lol

aspiring fitness model.

a little artsy:

and a little faux b&w film/faux terry richardson (i realize this style isn't for everyone):

all d300 + 28-70...varying degrees of post-processing. first shot and headshot are 22" beauty dish main, 86" plms on the sides, plus bg lights. the medicine ball and artsy one are PLM main + PLM side + BG. the last one is a shoe-mounted SB600 with +3.0 exposure compensation on the flash.

rayyan

Rayyan..Wow! Perfect In Your Face Capture! Right In Tune! A Relative?
Steve, thank you my friend.

Most of my relatives are deaf!! Tone deaf!! Except my son who plays the guitar.:D

Me, I think music is the work of the devil. That's why I enjoy it so much!!

This was in a restuarant in Turkey.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.