The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

MHC: Beautiful citiscape! Great color.
Rayyan: Very smooth...skin and tone!
Jorgen: Brilliant framing and moment in the first. The second...;)
Graham: Nice! Very 'Lord of the rings' surreal.
Daves: Out of my league! Great lighting, color, compositions and pp. The third is my favorite.
Rayyan: Steve said it!
Rayyan: Excellent nighttime WB. Not like my city/ You appear to be actually moving.
Conrad: Very cool. Thanks.
Steve: You know some really interesting people. Cool photos. My favorites, in order: #6, #5, #3, #4, #7, #1, and #2. The color (#2) seems to overemphasize the forearms out of proportion to the head.
I just scrolled down and read what Tim said... :p
Steve: you have an artist's gift for setting up 'still life' (unless, you found the wine bottles sitting in the tree?). I love the stark simplicity of the first.
Rayyan: Outstanding color and composition!
Chung: Nice light and forms.
Rayyan: Cool capture and pp. I like the asymmetry of the 'crop' a lot.
Peter: Penny's a terrific subject. Excellent. I esp. like the balance and lines of the third one.
Rob: The purity of the color and the delicacy of the flowers make a great photo.
Carlos: Lovely work. Like Lloyd, I'm partial to the third one. I want to crop it to remove the bit of parking lot; but, don't want to lose the hair pin turn, the rocks and the highway? The layering of the hills is very cool.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

"I think I'm going to get out of here. Every bear for himself!"

1. D3; 50mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4.5; ISO 800

2. D3; 50mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 1000

3. D3; 50mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

4. D3; 50mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

5. D3; 50mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

Corlan: I reworked these a little.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve: more nice stuff sailing Boston... Good eye on the Cheech & Chong fellows. :D

Arne: outstanding winter set, as usual the global sheer detail and dynamic range achieved in the snow are phenomenal, and serve well your elegant compositions.

Matt: Lefty is majestic and powerful. And what a story. Love the look in his eyes in that last shot.

David: interesting test with the globe. Always wandered how that would work myself, but was refrained by the size and cost of the equipment. Your georgeous portrait makes me want to investigate the DIY way...

The series with the fitness model is brilliant, be it the editorial quality first two, the "Seal"/Africa one, the Cassius Clay (was he Ali at the time?) shot... Overall, i think my favorite is the one wth the hood, where ligthing, expression and composition simply sing together. But again, they're all brilliant.

Rayyan, if you hadn't showed us so many fantastic portraits, i'd say the mother & son portrait below is among your very best. In fact, it still is.

And btw, the night trafic shot is awesome. Just like Lloyd i wondered what your settings (and motion speed) could be. Well done!

Tim: not sure about organizational skills, but i do love your fluorescent strawberry (??).

Graham: japenese garden is glowing indeed. Wonderful!

Carlos: love the Appalachians. Wouldn't that work without the HDR look?

Peter: Penny as a model sounds alot of fun! The last one is super cool. :cool:

This is beautiful, Steve. All of them.
The film colors also get my vote on ths particular one.
(maybe my fav with the tatoo, and the -superb- "Kid" profile) :thumbs:

Bottle of wines are real nice, too. Daughter and father is a keeper. Sure they'll love it!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: You couldn't have actually photographed that giraffe?? That's so cool!
Actually, it took some patience (30 min?), and some climbing, and my best Rayyan style soft voiced skills to "tame" her (?) and get some interest. The shot below documents that session's climax (iow the moment she was the most intrigued... and i almost had my 105mmm crunched)

- wouldn't try that with Lefty, tho... :deadhorse:

:D

P.S. nice rework of the family's favorite strip :thumbup:
Funny enough, wife called this morning (vacation at her parents') saying a new frame is coming for the print -first one was a bit loose.

rayyan

"I think I'm going to get out of here. Every bear for himself!"

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Lovely serial shooting.

D700, 105 1.8 ais:)
Steve, a charmimg father/daughter image.

Actually, it took some patience (30 min?), and some climbing, and my best Rayyan style soft voiced skills to "tame" her (?) and get some interest. The shot below documents that session's climax (iow the moment she was the most intrigued... and i almost had my 105mmm crunched)

Corlan, mesmerizing eyes. Sizing you up. And so gentle. Excellent:thumbs:
And thank you.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not much time to post here lately, and the Nikon gear only sees the light at the races, since I use m4/3 for most other work. Not much light at the last race though, with ten hours in the rain the first day. The D300 and 80-200 AF-S are waterproof for sure, the D80 is not :deadhorse:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/10 and 1/320s

Lloyd

P.S. nice rework of the family's favorite strip :thumbup:
Funny enough, wife called this morning (vacation at her parents') saying a new frame is coming for the print -first one was a bit loose.
Corlan, mesmerizing eyes. Sizing you up. And so gentle. Excellent:thumbs:
And thank you.
Lovely lady you captured, Corlan. Plus one from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.