The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Not much time to post here lately, and the Nikon gear only sees the light at the races, since I use m4/3 for most other work. Not much light at the last race though, with ten hours in the rain the first day. The D300 and 80-200 AF-S are waterproof for sure, the D80 is not :deadhorse:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/10 and 1/320s
I hope the Honda was waterproof too! Nice catch, and great stamina on your part, Jorgen.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely tennis shots, Fulton. Weather seems nicer than here :)

Thanks, Lloyd. No, those cars are not waterproof. Water is getting in everywhere, but it's very hot in there, so a little extra cooling is probably ok.

etrigan63

Corlan,
the weather was a bit dreary (except for Grandfather Mountain) so I decided to do this set as pseudo-HDR to inject a little pizzaz into them.

m_driscoll

Matt, Every One Put A Smile On My Face! Great Sequence & Cast!:)
+ 1, very humorous and enjoyable photographs. Well done. Rob
Great visual storytelling. (Not to mention, great shots.):salute:
Matt: +1, +2, +3, love your new (to us) bear pictures and narrative! :thumbs:
Steve:...
Matt: Lefty is majestic and powerful. And what a story. Love the look in his eyes in that last shot...
P.S. nice rework of the family's favorite strip :thumbup:
Funny enough, wife called this morning (vacation at her parents') saying a new frame is coming for the print -first one was a bit loose.
Bearly made it over that log! :D Sorry ...
"I think I'm going to get out of here. Every bear for himself!"
Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Lovely serial shooting...
Gentlemen: Thank you! :) :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll,zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

D700, 105 1.8 ais:)
Steve: Excellent dynamically balanced composition! Good eye.

Actually, it took some patience (30 min?), and some climbing, and my best Rayyan style soft voiced skills to "tame" her (?) and get some interest. The shot below documents that session's climax (iow the moment she was the most intrigued... and i almost had my 105mmm crunched)
- wouldn't try that with Lefty, tho... :deadhorse:
Corlan: Giraffes look so funny, one assumes they're good natured. This one looks slightly inebriated. They eat 75 ibs. of veggies daily (heard it on the radio). The closeup head shot gives an unusual perspective to the animal as well as anthropomorphizing it.

Not much time to post here lately, and the Nikon gear only sees the light at the races, since I use m4/3 for most other work. Not much light at the last race though, with ten hours in the rain the first day. The D300 and 80-200 AF-S are waterproof for sure, the D80 is not :deadhorse:
D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/10 and 1/320s
Jorgen: Nice movement and spray off the wheels. :thumbup:

been awhile, so time for more sports pics--from the weekend

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Bob: +1 to what Lloyd and Jorgen said. My favorites are the 1st (body geometry, racket over the face, and the low position of the incoming ball) and 3rd (racket, her, ball, and hand are in great positions; intensity). BTW: did she miss the shot in the last photo? Her eyes and racket position looks like it's going by. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Bob, indeed nice to see your awesome sports shots back. They're all super...
Maria Yuryevna is absolutely georgeous, love the high-end classy look and the pure energy you've rendered in this capture.

Jorgen: quite wet indeed. Sounds like... here!

Chung: always liked your minimalist work. The orange here is no exception.
On a sidenote, some time ago i stumbled upon one of your shots, with a story. The one from Shibuya that was auctionned... beautiful, and thoughtful. Bravo.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Small gig, open doors week-end at a large traditional milk & cheese farm in the area, in fact the only one left of its kind for hundreds of miles, and a family affair since the 19th century.
Delicious products, wonderful people.

Here the son explains to an audience the ins and outs of the business, and how a few years back he quit his city job as a CFO to take over the farm with his wife (sister and brother followed afterwards).

Understandably, it was such a joy, and relief to the "queen mother" of the estate to see her children back. They could have sold the huge property for millions, but chose to stay and live the life they've always known. Simple, sometimes arduous, but "so gratifying"...

Lady insisted on posing near the WWII area grapes basket she was using as a child, and for decades... they did know how to craft things that'd last then, hey?
(oh, and no yearly maintenance plan attached)

Despite the relatively remote location, they got close to a 1000 visitors over the week-end. They did prepare and have an extra batch of products to sell for the occasion, all but gone in couple of hours... they could have easily sold 10 times that.

(tech note: jpegs from print files incl. printer's dedicated color profiles, so sharpening and colors might seem a bit off on screen)

MHC

Corlan, thanks for you encouragement, though I can't recall the shibuya photo you mentioned. :)

Bob, indeed nice to see your awesome sports shots back. They're all super...
Maria Yuryevna is absolutely georgeous, love the high-end classy look and the pure energy you've rendered in this capture.

Jorgen: quite wet indeed. Sounds like... here!

Chung: always liked your minimalist work. The orange here is no exception.
On a sidenote, some time ago i stumbled upon one of your shots, with a story. The one from Shibuya that was auctionned... beautiful, and thoughtful. Bravo.

shtarka1, thanks.

MHC, You Made A Star Out Of An Orange! Gorgeous!:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
twas my good'ol faithful 105 VR, Jorgen. (seems like Nikon never got it really wrong with their various renditions/generations of that FL)
Thanks. :)

-Chung: sorry if i made a confusion (Flikr can actually be quite confusing for my poor brain sometimes)

Lloyd

Small gig, open doors week-end at a large traditional milk & cheese farm in the area, in fact the only one left of its kind for hundreds of miles, and a family affair since the 19th century.
Delicious products, wonderful people.

Here the son explains to an audience the ins and outs of the business, and how a few years back he quit his city job as a CFO to take over the farm with his wife (sister and brother followed afterwards).

Understandably, it was such a joy, and relief to the "queen mother" of the estate to see her children back. They could have sold the huge property for millions, but chose to stay and live the life they've always known. Simple, sometimes arduous, but "so gratifying"...

Lady insisted on posing near the WWII area grapes basket she was using as a child, and for decades... they did know how to craft things that'd last then, hey?
(oh, and no yearly maintenance plan attached)

Despite the relatively remote location, they got close to a 1000 visitors over the week-end. They did prepare and have an extra batch of products to sell for the occasion, all but gone in couple of hours... they could have easily sold 10 times that.

(tech note: jpegs from print files incl. printer's dedicated color profiles, so sharpening and colors might seem a bit off on screen)

Sounds like a very interesting weekend, Corlan. Not to mention that you came away with some wonderful portraits. And good for them, keeping the family farm going. So many have sold out to corporate interests.

shtarka1

Sounds like a very interesting weekend, Corlan. Not to mention that you came away with some wonderful portraits. And good for them, keeping the family farm going. So many have sold out to corporate interests.
Simple Is Always Better. Excellent IQ & Shots Corlan!

Status
Not open for further replies.