The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

fultonpics

thanks all for the comments...it is nice to be able to share. these pics probably will never see the light of day other than here. the ones that i took that ran are pretty mundane in comparison.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

jbcrane

Small gig, open doors week-end at a large traditional milk & cheese farm in the area, in fact the only one left of its kind for hundreds of miles, and a family affair since the 19th century.
Delicious products, wonderful people.

Here the son explains to an audience the ins and outs of the business, and how a few years back he quit his city job as a CFO to take over the farm with his wife (sister and brother followed afterwards).

Understandably, it was such a joy, and relief to the "queen mother" of the estate to see her children back. They could have sold the huge property for millions, but chose to stay and live the life they've always known. Simple, sometimes arduous, but "so gratifying"...

Lady insisted on posing near the WWII area grapes basket she was using as a child, and for decades... they did know how to craft things that'd last then, hey?
(oh, and no yearly maintenance plan attached)

Despite the relatively remote location, they got close to a 1000 visitors over the week-end. They did prepare and have an extra batch of products to sell for the occasion, all but gone in couple of hours... they could have easily sold 10 times that.

(tech note: jpegs from print files incl. printer's dedicated color profiles, so sharpening and colors might seem a bit off on screen)

Corlan, I like these - especially the second one - straight on of the woman in purple. There's something unpretentious about it, the way she's squared into the camera and smiling small. After reading your description it all fits... the image matches the atmosphere you presented. I like the square treatment, too. Very nice set.

jbcrane

been awhile, so time for more sports pics--from the weekend

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Bob-these are some of the best tennis shot's I've seen. You were able to get some good angles and moments of action, and the light is nice, too. These are great. Well done.

jbcrane

Hi Gang, been away again and hoping to get caught up. Here are a few from a day in Leadville (Colorado) back in May. As usual, all with the F6 - this time on Portra 160VC shot at ISO100. It's the first time I've shot VC and though pleased with the day's set, not terribly sad to see it go... I've been shooting the new Portra since and am thrilled with everything about it - 160 and 400. I suppose, after looking at these images, I have a thing for happy colors... ;-). Good thing the F6 meter is so good.

Old Tractor in Leadville, CO.

Old Tractor in Leadville, CO.

and this one's from Gold Hill, Colorado

this one's from State Line, Wyoming

routlaw

… As usual, all with the F6 - this time on Portra 160VC shot at ISO100. It's the first time I've shot VC and though pleased with the day's set, not terribly sad to see it go...
This film really does have a different look, nicely done batch of pictures!

Rob

viablex1

Re: Nocturnal Bloom

Not much to contribute lately, way too busy. This from last night in the garden just before pitch black dark. Focusing in this low light can be a big tricky.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

D3/85 PC lens
nice stuff a lot more in this photograph than I would ever think!!! dammm!!!

some F5 action with neopan 1600

janet2 by gungyduo, on Flickr

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, Steve, John, thanks. :)
(and Rayan too -i missed the comments on the previous page)

John: golden hour and colors. I'm not versed in the new Portra compared characteristics, but these sure look good to me.
Btw, how many times a day do you stop on your road trips? You sure seem to travel by a lot of back roads with interesting places. Used to that years ago myself -though probably not to that extent.

Steve: following Lloyd's perfect line, quite the "Chain Gang" it is.
Impressive... and well seen, captured and processed! :thumbs:

Matto: very nice addition to the "boxing" series. Tim won't like it :)p), but i'm a sucker for that 1600 ISO noise. But not only, the photo is just excellent, one of the best in the set.

And you're right, didn't see Rob's garden flowers the first time: they super nice.

Lloyd

Re: Nocturnal Bloom

nice stuff a lot more in this photograph than I would ever think!!! dammm!!!

some F5 action with neopan 1600

janet2 by gungyduo, on Flickr
Matto: very nice addition to the "boxing" series. Tim won't like it :)p), but i'm a sucker for that 1600 ISO noise. But not only, the photo is just excellent, one of the best in the set.
Speaking of dammmm!! This is freaking awesome, Matto. I disagree with Corlan on one point... I think it is in fact the best of the series. And it is a great series! :salute:

jbcrane

Yes, you do, John. And I like it. Very nice.
Jb, Intense Color & Excellent Shooting!
Very cool :thumbs:

And I suffer from F6 envy :)
This film really does have a different look, nicely done batch of pictures!

Rob
John: golden hour and colors. I'm not versed in the new Portra compared characteristics, but these sure look good to me.
Btw, how many times a day do you stop on your road trips? You sure seem to travel by a lot of back roads with interesting places. Used to that years ago myself -though probably not to that extent.
Thanks guys.
Corlan, it takes me forever to get anywhere. I stop A LOT...but I love to drive, and love to take back roads everywhere I go, looking for something interesting. I'm putting together a road trip in September to Washington's Olympic Peninsula and half the fun of it is planning the route. I appreciate the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.