The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

You Can Feel The Blinding Warmth Of The Sun & Get A Sense Of The Journey You've Taken! Velvia Shines On This Composition! Excellent Shot JB!
JB, superb in every way.!!
yes thanks , love that velvia shot!!!!!
velvia has a reputation for dreadful skin tones...but it REALLY works in that shot. marvelous stuff.
Rayyan: Unmistakable to identify your signature when enjoying this one, thx for sharing! :salute:

John: Now, evidentially a picture can tell at least as much as a movie - great lighting, framing/composition and colors => great story! Truly love it - plus it gives me a thrill of anticipation regarding my forthcoming visit to CO and a few other states of the US. :):)
This is a great image. Superb light, mood and execution. Very well done.
Thanks everyone. This was one of my favorite images made with my first serious Nikon - the F4S (loved that camera), and one of the images that made me fall in love with Velvia. I caught David Hobby's & Joe McNally's Flash Bus Tour here in Denver and one of the things Joe said that really stuck with me was, "if you want a perfect histogram, you may as well just show a gray card... the drama's at the extreme end of things." It was nice to hear someone else validate something I'd been thinking for a while - but seems to go against "conventional wisdom." Same applies for Velvia and skin tones. I've heard the horror stories about dreadful skin tones and even seen them myself. But sometimes, somehow, some way on occasion with the right application, it seems to work. Many thanks.-
JBC

Steve: That's a great set and it perfectly documents the dynamics of that sport, truly impressing! Love all of them, but my absolute favorites are
# 1 !, 2 !, 5, 6 ! & 9. :thumbs::thumbs:

jbcrane

Originally posted by:
shtarka1
Super Duper
(I messed up the quote thingy... sorry!)

Steve-These are really good... it's always interesting to see the players out of the "arena" context and more eye-to-eye. The players feel more human somehow... like the shots of Brady interacting with the coaches. The images are very human and approachable. Well done.

jbcrane

Here's an environmental portrait from this weekend. This is Jerry and he runs the general merc up by my in-laws cabin near Estes Park, Colorado. Very interesting and soft spoken gentleman. I was curious about his cash register and he enjoyed telling me all he knew about it. Nikon F6, 28-70/2.8 and Kodak Portra 160.

shtarka1

Originally posted by:
shtarka1
Super Duper
(I messed up the quote thingy... sorry!)

Steve-These are really good... it's always interesting to see the players out of the "arena" context and more eye-to-eye. The players feel more human somehow... like the shots of Brady interacting with the coaches. The images are very human and approachable. Well done.
Steve, a magnificent set; worthy of S. Illustrated.

But this is Exceedingly superb!!:salute:
+1 on this... the tats on the arm make it even more interesting.
John & Rayyan, Most Appreciated!

shtarka1

Here's an environmental portrait from this weekend. This is Jerry and he runs the general merc up by my in-laws cabin near Estes Park, Colorado. Very interesting and soft spoken gentleman. I was curious about his cash register and he enjoyed telling me all he knew about it. Nikon F6, 28-70/2.8 and Kodak Portra 160.
Great detail,lines,light & serious expression on Jerry! Even the dollar bill next to the old fashion register ties in nicely with the entire wholesome environment! A wonderful throwback feeling of simpler days!:thumbs:

jbcrane

Great detail,lines,light & serious expression on Jerry! Even the dollar bill next to the old fashion register ties in nicely with the entire wholesome environment! A wonderful throwback feeling of simpler days!:thumbs:
Thanks Steve. I especially liked his pad next to his cash register... when we bought some waters, he scribbled something down on the pad and said, "Two dollars." My son is holding an SB-900 with diffusion dome, connected by the SC-29 cord, to my right. I think he was a little tense... he erupted into a nice smile after this image was made ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.