The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great detail,lines,light & serious expression on Jerry! Even the dollar bill next to the old fashion register ties in nicely with the entire wholesome environment! A wonderful throwback feeling of simpler days!:thumbs:
John: + 1; exactly, what Steve stated. Very nice! :thumbup:

Thanks Steve. I especially liked his pad next to his cash register... when we bought some waters, he scribbled something down on the pad and said, "Two dollars." My son is holding an SB-900 with diffusion dome, connected by the SC-29 cord, to my right. I think he was a little tense... he erupted into a nice smile after this image was made ;-).
And a pleasant "making of" story. Thx for sharing! :salute:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I bow to your excellence! Film? Football! Female boxers! (hit me... please).

Some random stuff from a hectic week.

A friend here for a visit:

A bride (ok, some magic applied, sorry):

And one I won't show to the subject:

Best,
Tim

jbcrane

I bow to your excellence! Film? Football! Female boxers! (hit me... please).

Some random stuff from a hectic week.

A bride (ok, some magic applied, sorry):

And one I won't show to the subject:

Best,
Tim
Tim, I like your magic in number 2. Soft and lovely. Very nice. And that one you won't show your subject - her loss! Candid is where it's at baby. Good stuff. JBC

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve and John. Appreciate it. Have to think about showing #3... in-laws and all... could be dicey!

Tim

jbcrane

More Portra work at the cabin this weekend. Ran my first roll of the new 160 and boy, great stuff. Beautiful, warm hues, nice range, good color distribution & fall off, pretty grain structure. I'm really liking the new Portra line. Grain is great on the 400, but superb on the 160... just enough to keep it from looking digital. I've also been shooting my 85/1.4D more and wondering why on earth I don't use it more. Noticing what sometimes is a substantial difference between my favorite go-to zooms and the beautifully sharp and smooth primes (50/1.4, 85/1.4, 105VR)... guess they're called "primes" for a reason... Hope you enjoy.

This is the 85/1.4 @ f11, tripod-mounted M-up, gold reflector bouncing sunlight into a shaded setting.

Open shade hand held with the 85/1.4 @ f2:

Natural window light hand held with the 85/1.4 @f2

All with the F6 (have I mentioned how much I love that camera?).

Last edited:

etrigan63

Some shot I took tonight for a juried exhibition on Miami:

All shots Nikon D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 @ f/11. Shutter speeds between 6 - 15 seconds.

jbcrane

Some shot I took tonight for a juried exhibition on Miami:

All shots Nikon D700 + 24-70 f/2.8 @ f/11. Shutter speeds between 6 - 15 seconds.
Very nice Carlos. Especially like the pinks in the second one. How'd you do in the show? I'll bet quite well with these fine images.

etrigan63

The deadline is August 15. I am trying to decide between all three of these or some of my previous shots.

Oddly enough, the shorter of the two towers is where Capture Integration is located in Miami...

shtarka1

More Portra work at the cabin this weekend. Ran my first roll of the new 160 and boy, great stuff. Beautiful, warm hues, nice range, good color distribution & fall off, pretty grain structure. I'm really liking the new Portra line. Grain is great on the 400, but superb on the 160... just enough to keep it from looking digital. I've also been shooting my 85/1.4D more and wondering why on earth I don't use it more. Noticing what sometimes is a substantial difference between my favorite go-to zooms and the beautifully sharp and smooth primes (50/1.4, 85/1.4, 105VR)... guess they're called "primes" for a reason... Hope you enjoy.

This is the 85/1.4 @ f11, tripod-mounted M-up, gold reflector bouncing sunlight into a shaded setting.

Open shade hand held with the 85/1.4 @ f2:

All with the F6 (have I mentioned how much I love that camera?).
Im loving the new Portra 160 also JB! Beautiful set!

m_driscoll

The rumor of my...whatever, is greatly exaggerated.

MHC: Brilliant orange photo!
Corlan: Excellent portraits!
Robert: As Lloyd said: "Nice, but I agree. Those you posted are better."
John: Love #2 and #4: comp., detail, color, focus!
Steve: Great composition!
Matt: Cool, gritty, boxing photo.
Jorgen: Cool 'wet pan"! Ditto to what Corlan said.
Rob: Looks like a keeper to me. I like the way the white of the flowers is echoed by the snow capped mountains; and, the opposing lines of the flowers and the mountains.
Jorgen: #2 for me - more context, strong lines, nice composition
Matt: As they said, really nice IR.
Rayyan: Excellent composition and pp.
John: Great photo! Velvia working at it's strength.
Rayyan: Really nice blueish landscape. I'm curious, was it taken through a window?
Steve: !!! Cool! #2, #7 and #10 - little different...and, excellent. Superb "action" photos.
John: One of my favorite films. Haven't tried the 'new' stuff. Nice shot.
Tim: Brides deserve a little magic. #3 is a classic!
John: More really nice shots!
Carlos: Brilliant work! Light color, and tone in the last one are esp. terrific.
Steve: That's a look!
Steve: Just can't make a box big enough for you!
:salute: :thumbup: :thumbs: :D :)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Great stuff, Steve. And some amazing processing. That outta do it!
The rumor of my...whatever, is greatly exaggerated.

MHC: Brilliant orange photo!
Corlan: Excellent portraits!
Robert: As Lloyd said: "Nice, but I agree. Those you posted are better."
John: Love #2 and #4: comp., detail, color, focus!
Steve: Great composition!
Matt: Cool, gritty, boxing photo.
Jorgen: Cool 'wet pan"! Ditto to what Corlan said.
Rob: Looks like a keeper to me. I like the way the white of the flowers is echoed by the snow capped mountains; and, the opposing lines of the flowers and the mountains.
Jorgen: #2 for me - more context, strong lines, nice composition
Matt: As they said, really nice IR.
Rayyan: Excellent composition and pp.
John: Great photo! Velvia working at it's strength.
Rayyan: Really nice blueish landscape. I'm curious, was it taken through a window?
Steve: !!! Cool! #2, #7 and #10 - little different...and, excellent. Superb "action" photos.
John: One of my favorite films. Haven't tried the 'new' stuff. Nice shot.
Tim: Brides deserve a little magic. #3 is a classic!
John: More really nice shots!
Carlos: Brilliant work! Light color, and tone in the last one are esp. terrific.
Steve: That's a look!
Steve: Just can't make a box big enough for you!
:salute: :thumbup: :thumbs: :D :)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank You Both Very Much My Friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.