The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Here's a few more with the 35mm f/1.4 AI.
PS: I'm not actually on that plane to Phoenix right now. The trip was postponed.

1. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/60s; ISO 250

2. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/60s; ISO 100

3. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/100s; +2 EV; ISO 100

4. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/100s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Matt: Aside from the (predictable and doable) CAs those pictures with the 30 years old lens and the new camera seem very pleasing in my book and to my taste. :thumbup:

Just today those are for Steve, first and foremost. Since I know, that he is an enthusiast for sports/athletics in general and for road cycling in particular, he might like them a little bit.

Some days ago, when I travelled the Ligurian coast and the mountains in the back-country, I had an espresso in a little bar just a few miles from the village, where Fausto Coppi was born, and I overheard that conversation:

"Debating the Strategy"

All with D 700, 35mm/1.4G @ f/1.6

"First of All, Keep Cool!"

"He's Our Hope!"

All the best!

Last edited:

shtarka1

Hermann, Thank You For This Tribute My Friend! Love The Mood,Setting & Player's! You Know Whats Funny About This, I Call My Brother "Fausto" (Coppi) Because He Is 15 Years Older Than Me & A Much Better Cyclist Than I'll Ever Be!
"Il Campionissimo" Was One Of The Best Of His Era! Thanks Again Hermann!

Lloyd.....Thanks Bro!:salute:

shtarka1

Here's a few more with the 35mm f/1.4 AI.
PS: I'm not actually on that plane to Phoenix right now. The trip was postponed.

2. Sony NEX-5N; Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI; 1/60s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Matt, i have an affinity towards Signor Frog. I think it's because i partied there in Boston many years ago! (Great Watering Hole) Nice work with the Nex5 & Nikon glass!

shtarka1

I somehow missed this but i have the Pleasure of sharing my birthday with another Honorable Forum Member & Good Friend of mine, Hermann (contrelamontre)!
Herzliche Glückwünsche zum Geburtstag!

Happy Birthday! Have A Super Wonderful Day!

I somehow missed this but i have the Pleasure of sharing my birthday with another Honorable Forum Member & Good Friend of mine, Hermann (contrelamontre)!
Herzliche Glückwünsche zum Geburtstag!

Happy Birthday! Have A Super Wonderful Day!
Steve: :D But that should have been kept a secret :confused:! :)

Thanks a lot - vielen herzlichen Dank! :salute:

rayyan

Hermann, the images are wonderful for their atmosphere and in the context

of extreme sports of someone we both know at this forum!!:D

More importantly..

Happy Birthday friend.

Best wishes and kindest regards.

Hermann, the images are wonderful for their atmosphere and in the context

of extreme sports of someone we both know at this forum!!:D

More importantly..

Happy Birthday friend.

Best wishes and kindest regards.
Rayyan: Thanks a lot for both! For the kind feedback regarding the images, dedicated to our "hope", the young birthday boy :), we both know, and of course thank you very much for your good wishes for my birthday! :salute:

m_driscoll

Hermann/Lloyd/Steve: Thank you, gentlemen! :D
Lloyd: The delayed NEX 7 might be the one to wait for. It and some adapters and you can mount every lens you own. :D
Hermann: Sweet set of photos and narrative! :thumbup:
Steve: Senor Frog's, huh! :D Thankfully, no one asked why we have a praying frog, an ostrich with a Nikkormat FTN, and a wood hand on our mantle
Steve/Hermann: happy birthday!

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Hermann,

Happy Birthday to you... I'm sorry that by the time you see this, your birthday will have passed. Hope it was a great one!

Hermann: Sweet set of photos and narrative! :thumbup:
(...)
Steve/Hermann: happy birthday!

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks to you for both, the wishes, but also for the kind words! :salute:

Hermann,

Happy Birthday to you... I'm sorry that by the time you see this, your birthday will have passed. Hope it was a great one!

Lloyd: Thanks a lot for your wishes and for the comments, be it yesterday or today, always much appreciated! :)

In order to make amends for yesterday's "birthday OTs" (thank you moderators for the generosity!) a few more pictures from my visit to the US. We're in Montana now, very high skies, old important (and in former, better times prosperous) cities and very nice people (as in the other states we travelled as well) - chapter 2:

"Downtown Promenade", N 2nd St, Livingston, MT

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 18mm & f/5.6

"Teslow Grain", Livingston, MT

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 16mm & f/2.8

BTW: In hindsight I found out, that this motif is a "quotation" of a picture Lee Friedlander shot for his series "America by Car" in the '90s.

"Mayoral Race", W Mercury St, Butte, MT

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8 G @ 17mm & f/6.3

And no, this one is not a quotation of pictures taken for Wim Wenders' "Don't come knocking", though Butte was the most important location for this movie.

To be continued, as you like ...

Thank you for your interest.

rayyan

rayyan

"Teslow Grain", Livingston, MT

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8G @ 16mm & f/2.8

BTW: In hindsight I found out, that this motif is a "quotation" of a picture Lee Friedlander shot for his series "America by Car" in the '90s.

"Mayoral Race", W Mercury St, Butte, MT

D 700, 14-24mm/2.8 G @ 17mm & f/6.3

And no, this one is not a quotation of pictures taken for Wim Wenders' "Don't come knocking", though Butte was the most important location for this movie.

To be continued, as you like ...

Thank you for your interest.
Hermann, great American journey. beautiful captures. Love them.:thumbs:

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.