The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeckert

went to a holiday party this evening, sort of a photographer meetup. an awesome model i've worked with previously was on duty for the evening. she's remarkably difficult to take a bad photo of.

the first one up is a basic setup we all took turns with, BD + sock + grid over top of the sock (to soften and control spill simultaneously...grid alone gets too hard, and sock over grid is useless, and no modification sprayed light everywhere). very minor tweaks in LR.

the rest, i kinda got creative, and wanted to try out the tiffen vari-color red/green filter i found last week in a bag of photo stuff from a family friend (i'd found the yellow/blue months ago). they're with a 4' octa. basically straight out of camera.

happy holidays fellas ;)

C

capsfoto

Time to start a new Nikon images thread. So here goes, I'll start it off with this image.

Taken from my front steps this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky... what you see is snow blowing off the peak in the howling winds. The summit is more than a vertical mile above where I was standing.

D3, 200-400 VRI, f10.0, ISO 200:

Nice! I like the lens as well and will buy one shortly.

dmeckert

here are a few more of the xmas tree set. retouched and airbrushed in a stylized way...way more pinup than anything i'd normally do.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've been in password hell with this forum for a week or two and missed a lot. Finally got that straightened out (Thanks Jack!).

So just popping in to say happy New Year!

Best,
Tim

bensonga

Happy New Year......from snowy (and cold) Alaska! Here's the view from my front deck yesterday.

Gary
Eagle River, Alaska
D2X and 50mm f1.8G lens
Nik Silver Efex Pro Fine Art High Key filter

Lloyd

I've been traveling the past couple of weeks. I did bring a Nikon along, and hope to share some shots soon. In the meantime, great work here everyone.

Promote: Love the shot of the crane. The light is magic!

Daves: Very nice work with the model... both sets. I can see that she'd be hard to make a bad shot of. I'd love to see the way you have that BD set up. I have the shower cap and the grid for mine, but have never tried to use them together. My grid is white, so I get some softer light, but I'll have to try this. BTW, I was in your 'hood twice over the past couple of weeks. Love to see if we can meet up sometime.

Vlad: Wow. The stuff you shoot never ceases to amaze. Not a bad subject!

Djordje: Love the texture. Great find, and great shot.

Tim: Glad you found your way back in. Beautiful scene. Best to you, my friend.

Gary: Beautify backyard scene. We've been remarkably bereft of snow this year. Sunny and mid 50s all this week. Weird.

Peter: Just plain gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd

Very nice Steve. Glad to see you over here. I think you'll find some familiar folk here as well.

dmeckert

my bestie wanted some pictures taken...just for the sake of having a current portrait. so we had ourselves a fun hour or so.

at this point we were just kinda goofing around, but this ended up being a pretty kickass shot. haha.

this is a beauty dish, with the sock on, and the grid over top of that. it's my new favorite thing. softens the light, but it's still directional. nikon d700, 85/1.4G @ f/1.8. very minor blemish removal, color grading, and a little jill greenberg style carving.

Status
Not open for further replies.