The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

My niece and her husband were in town over the holidays. We were out of town most of that same time and only had time to meet them for breakfast one morning. Nothing special photographically in the first shot, but I love the one my wife got of me holding 6-month-old Livvy.

D300, 35/1.8 for both shots:

shtarka1

My niece and her husband were in town over the holidays. We were out of town most of that same time and only had time to meet them for breakfast one morning. Nothing special photographically in the first shot, but I love the one my wife got of me holding 6-month-old Livvy.

Beautiful Family Lloyd & Tell Mimi She Dun Good!;)

dmeckert

Daves: Very nice work with the model... both sets. I can see that she'd be hard to make a bad shot of. I'd love to see the way you have that BD set up. I have the shower cap and the grid for mine, but have never tried to use them together. My grid is white, so I get some softer light, but I'll have to try this. BTW, I was in your 'hood twice over the past couple of weeks. Love to see if we can meet up sometime.
thanks Lloyd :D she's great. totally easy to work with, and really knows her body well. it's nice to have someone who very rarely misses when you often work with new models.

i'm loving the gridded socked dish lately. i just sock it, and then pop the grid into the dish right over it. i should've snapped a pic of it when i used it on my buddy. i've never seen a white grid...definitely curious now.

definitely lemme know next time you're in my neck o' the woods...we can grab a coffee, or a drink, or the best burgers ever for the cost of the tip and whatever sides. ;) i think my email's in my profile.

dmeckert

love these! almost an editorial feel.

everyone's family photos should be this amazing. haha. then it would be a visual treat to look at the ol' albums, instead of just a nostalgic one.

Lloyd

love these! almost an editorial feel.

everyone's family photos should be this amazing. haha. then it would be a visual treat to look at the ol' albums, instead of just a nostalgic one.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

I'm going to try the sock and grid method. I shoot one and post it, and shoot the same shot with just the white grid, just for comparison.

I'll let you know next time I'm down your way. Not there as much as I used to be, but now and again. I look forward to meeting you.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Cute, Lloyd
Stellar, Peter
Japan, Japan, Japan.... MHC, for some reason, photos like that make me want to go there.

Here are two from today.

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm, f/2.8 and ISO 800

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm, f/4.0 and ISO 400

Status
Not open for further replies.