The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

As usual, I'm a few steps behind the latest and greatest technology. I picked up a D700 today that is like new (~900 actuations) to use with my AIS Nikkor lenses. I've been so happy with the D2X, I figured a Nikon FF DSLR was the logical next step. I suppose the AIS lenses won't measure up to the 36mp D800, but for me, 12mp will usually be enough. A gloomy day here, but here's one of the first shots.....with a 55mm Micro-Nikkor.

Gotta say.....I sure like the sound of those Nikon shutters. :eek:

Gary

Lloyd

Promote, Congrats On The New 800! Beautiful Shot & IQ!
Big plus 1 from me, Pramote. From what I can see, very clean and impressive transitions from light to dark, wonderful color too. Really looking forward to seeing what that camera can produce in your very capable hands!

Lloyd

As usual, I'm a few steps behind the latest and greatest technology. I picked up a D700 today that is like new (~900 actuations) to use with my AIS Nikkor lenses. I've been so happy with the D2X, I figured a Nikon FF DSLR was the logical next step. I suppose the AIS lenses won't measure up to the 36mp D800, but for me, 12mp will usually be enough. A gloomy day here, but here's one of the first shots.....with a 55mm Micro-Nikkor.

Gotta say.....I sure like the sound of those Nikon shutters. :eek:

Gary
What's not to love, Gary? Very nice. Looking forward to more!!

bensonga

So during this 6 hour car race, one of the drivers asked if I could take some portraits of his daughter since I was carrying all this camera stuff anyway, in the pit lane, 35 degrees C. "And try to make it look natural", he said. "She always make all kind of strange expressions and weird smiles when she sees a camera."

So I said "Don't smile!", and she didn't :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

A really terrific photo and the story behind it....love it!

Gary

routlaw

Thanks Rayyan, Steve, Lloyd for the comments. Was definitely pushing the envelop with a 300 F4 in that wind for the country road shot.

Gary FWIW I like the b&w conversion much better, just sings a bit more for me.
Great capture Rayyan on the singers, cool.
Steve, Ma Kettle is awesome.

rob

Lloyd

Very cleverly done, Rayyan. And beautiful as well.

That is very impressive, Mikael. And welcome to the forum!!

bensonga

Another one of my usual "test subjects".......

The D700 images are looking very good and I'm really happy with how easy it is to get accurate focus with the AIS lenses. The focus confirmation seems to be spot on.

D700 and AIS 55mm f2.8 micro-Nikkor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This morning at Cherry Creek State Park, a blink from my home.
Nikon D800 and Nikon 16-35mm VR
(Tripod without shutter release wireless/cable or MUP)
Cheers,
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Big plus 1 from me, Pramote. From what I can see, very clean and impressive transitions from light to dark, wonderful color too. Really looking forward to seeing what that camera can produce in your very capable hands!
Thanks Lloyd for your kind words! I've really enjoyed and been excited about this camera.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.