The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoonk

Here are a couple from back in December 2010 when I started down this slippery slope of photography - street photography from Prague (beautiful place!)

Shot with a Nikon D3100, 18-55 / 55-200 kit lenses, handheld

ghoonk

Believe it or not, I got lucky. The D3100's low light capabilities were so bad that my B&W shots came out better than my color ones :D

ustein

Contributing Editor
Fun with D800 Photos

I start this new thread to share photos with the D800. The Other threads are more concentrated on the D800 images analysis.

105mm Macro:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Great idea. Please folks if you can provide lens and data it is very helpful for other members.

bensonga

So many great shots above!.....really enjoying them.

From my latest tests with a Hasselblad V lens on the D700 using the Fotodiox Pro lens adapter.

Gary

D700 and HB Zeiss CFE 80mm f2.8 lens at f4 (subject 12+ feet above me, significant crop of image)

D700 and HB Zeiss CFE 80mm f2.8 lens at f2.8 (photo by Jerome)

ghoonk

Benson - impressive shots! The sharpness is incredible, and the colors are strong without being saturated.

What's the difference between the Pro and the regular adapters? I see a tripod foot on the pro for longer lenses. What about AE metering - one is a $40 adapter, the other is a $75 one.

Lloyd

Mikoo: Beautiful place. The terracing is like art.

Gary: More impressive results with the Hassey lens. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the plunge as well.

bensonga

Another quick shot with the D700 and HB CFE 80mm f2.8 lens. These were all hand held at relatively wide apertures (I think this was f5.6). I've ordered the Nikon eyepiece magnifier (DK-17?) to help a bit more with manual focus, although the focus confirmation indicator seems to be pretty accurate. Really enjoy using these lenses on a DSLR. Ordered another Fotodiox Pro adapter to use with my Canon DSLRs. :D

D700 and CFE 80/2.8

bensonga

What's the difference between the Pro and the regular adapters? I see a tripod foot on the pro for longer lenses. What about AE metering - one is a $40 adapter, the other is a $75 one.
I haven't seen or used the regular adapter....only the Pro and it's very well made. I use the camera in stop down manual metering mode. Focus wide open and then manual stop down the aperture.

Gary

M

Melilot29

Really really nice work. Thank you sharing.

tashley

Subscriber Member

I'd be proud of ay of these shots - and am really looking forward to joining in when my E arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.