The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

+ 1 again Luis, excellent action.

Here is one from last night, though a bit rough around the edges still.

D4/80-200 F2.8, 4 frame stitch.
Very nice Rob! Is that on the east side of the Madison River north of Ennis? Looks familiar.

routlaw

I like this one when you say four , was it up, down, then over up down? and are you using PS to generate the pano?
No, all I did in this case was to pan my Linhof 3 Way Head in an arc from left to right, then stitch in PS using the automated blend/align feature. The 80-200 has its own tripod collar and I figured the attachment point would be close to the nodal point of the lens and apparently it was as I didn't see any issues with the automated stitch. Lens/camera was in vertical orientation for the pano.

Here is another, same area using the 45 PC-E lens but just a single frame this time.

Last edited:

Lloyd

No, all I did in this case was to pan my Linhof 3 Way Head in an arc from left to right, then stitch in PS using the automated blend/align feature. The 80-200 has its own tripod collar and I figured the attachment point would be close to the nodal point of the lens and apparently it was as I didn't see any issues with the automated stitch. Lens/camera was in vertical orientation for the pano.

Here is another, same area using the 45 PC-E lens but just a single frame this time.
Gorgeous!

routlaw

Very nice Rob! Is that on the east side of the Madison River north of Ennis? Looks familiar.
Close, right church wrong pew. Its south of Ennis but it is the Madison Range on the east side of the river. These "bumps" in the hill are referred to as the Helmut and Sphinx. Serious grizzly bear habitat.

Thanks.

viablex1

damn man beautiful country out there Rob , a man could wander forever..

I need to breakdown and get that 45mm lens

here is one with the 24PC I really like the rendering of that lens

TBhallwaya by gungyduo, on Flickr

Lloyd

damn man beautiful country out there Rob , a man could wander forever..

I need to breakdown and get that 45mm lens

here is one with the 24PC I really like the rendering of that lens
Nice image Matto. Now you're both making me covet glass... 24PC because of this, and the 45PC because of Rob's shot.

Lloyd

Close, right church wrong pew. Its south of Ennis but it is the Madison Range on the east side of the river. These "bumps" in the hill are referred to as the Helmut and Sphinx. Serious grizzly bear habitat.

Thanks.
Aha. Well, I knew it looked familiar. :thumbup:

viablex1

Thanks LLoyd, Routlaw talked me into that lens and honestly I use it almost 100 percent of the time now. I love making vertical panos with the shift here is one

cabana by gungyduo, on Flickr

viablex1

also I am waiting for those D3s cameras to come down man I want one of those things they are starting to graze about 4 grand , a little lower and I am going to snag one

Lloyd

Very nice shot, and ironic to have a pano on the wall of the room.

I look forward to your results when you do find a D3s. I know I love mine.

routlaw

A couple of winners here Matto and the motel/hotel room I much prefer to the scanned film shot from awhile back.

rob

jlm

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Uwe:
love your shots...can always pick them out before i see your tag

love hwy 25; made the trip from sf on the way to Los Olivos/ santa barbara on 25 several times

Status
Not open for further replies.