The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

The Leitax mount... you unscrew part of the Leica mount and remove a couple of small parts, then screw the Leitax part on. Takes less than five minutes and does not damage and is totally reversible... really really worth trying!
Tashley: About how old is your Summicron R? I have preordered a D800E, and I have two pristine R lenses sitting on my shelf with my Leica SL. Checking serial numbers, it looks like my 35mm f2.8 Elmarit R, and 50mm f2 Summicron R were made around 1967. The lenses, although probaly state of the art at the time, I wonder how they would perform compared to modern day standards on a D800E. I have seen the DIY adapters to replace the Leica flange for very low prices (around $25). Given the low adapter cost, it would not be too much of a gamble. Any experience with OLD R glass on modern DSLR?
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ

rayyan

When I was much younger, I remember an ad for Coca-Cola..the Real Thing.

So here is another Real Thing..Ready to go, when I am.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Sorry to say that mine is a ROM lens, which means it's relatively modern. I'm no expert on R lenses, just happened to have this one in my bag...but other people here can probably answer your question. I would only use a Leitax adaptor though... And they are IMHO reasonably priced but not cheap.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Fun to go back over a recent vacation shots on a Sunday evening and find some you quite like but didn't pick out the first time...

All on D800E

With 24-120:

With 50mm R Cron:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Rayyan and Frankie. This place is really like no other, but not easy to get a grip on when staying for only a few days. Then there are the camera shops. Found an interesting one yesterday, a kind of basement store, with hundreds, if not thousands of used cameras. Brand new Canon F-1? No problem. I wish I needed one :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.