The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

fultonpics

viablex--D4 = new camera I have been using for a few months. Works fine.

Rayyan--I was working on the Syrian boarder, so some excitement as the local Colonel said 'stray' bullets were incoming as we were there. oh then there was the issue of mines--watch out for little metal sensors, they can ruin your day. anyway, rest of Turkey is great. I got amazing access to some of the ancient sites due to our work. great place for history as you point out.

bensonga

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

First day out with my D800E and I couldn't be happier! :thumbs:

All of these were shot with the 105/2.8G Micro-Nikkor. All hand held shots, most at f5.6 and ISO 200.

Gary

Thorkil

Great Gary. And it proves, in my eyes, that the 800E is clearly and very visibly sharper and more clean than the 800.
PP? shutterspeed?
Thorkil

bensonga

Thanks Thorkil and BSEH! I normally shoot outdoors at ISO 100, to get the absolute minimum noise, but it was an overcast day and I was a little concerned about getting good shots hand held....so I bumped it up to ISO 200. I know others go well above that on a regular basis, but I guess my head is still anchored in years of shooting film at low ISO.

I think the shutter speeds were between 1/500 and 1/000, always with VR on. I often shoot in the f4 to f5.6 range, so wanted to see how it looked there.

I don't have a D800 to compare it with, but the D800E is certainly a BIG step up from my other Nikon and Canon DSLRs.

I was concerned about problems with moire on the types of industrial subjects I often shoot. At least with this truck grill and the heat shields on the pipes, it wasn't a problem in either the full resolution image or prints, although in certain lower res versions I can see a hint of it. This was also shot with the 105 Micro-Nikkor (a very nice lens!)

Gary

bensonga

Terrific image Mark! I REALLY like this one.

Love the images of your kids too Shelby. The quality of the D800 images is truly stunning and that 85/1.8G seems to be up to the task. I tried mine out briefly yesterday and was impressed with the results as well.

Gary

D800 is a great camera for landscape and portrait...though I have to learn to adapt to the colours it renders.

bensonga

A couple more from my first day out with the D800E yesterday. Both shot with the 105 micro.

bensonga

A few SEP2 B&W conversions from the 1st day of shooting with my D800E (and the 105/2.8G VF micro-Nikkor). I spent a couple hours on Saturday morning shooting many of my usual suspects. Heavily overcast day, but the D800/E is amazing, for sure....as evidenced by the terrific examples posted in this thread and others on GetDPI.

Gary

bensonga

One more.....a truck many of you will be familiar with already. :eek:

One of these days, I will find more interesting subjects to shoot....maybe.

Gary

ustein

Contributing Editor

I like the 105mm Micro on the D800. But the AF is much slower than on the Canon equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.