The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

Way behind here. I'll try to catch up.

BSEH: Sorry your wait for the D800 has been so long. Very nice work with the D7000, however. Great color; the skin tones are spot on.
[

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Great work all.

Thanks - and thank for taking you the time..

S

Shelby Lewis

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Still going through this wedding... really liked this one. Notice the bridesmaids in the BG wrestling for the bouquet... they were some serious gals!

Cheers!
Shelby

Thorkil

Fantastic picture in the spot on splitsecond! What a mood! And amazing usefullnes of the dof! Lucky man by the way..
thorkil

bensonga

Coming from years of owning Canon DSLRs.....I'm slowly building my arsenal of Nikon AF lenses for the D700 and D800E.

I borrowed a friend's 80-200mm f2.8D lens yesterday and tried it out on the D700 today. It seems quite good, comparable to my Canon 70-200/4L (non-IS) lens....but heavier. This weekend I'll see how this lens performs on the D800E (and the D2X).

Is anyone else using this lens? Your thoughts? Certainly more affordable than the latest 70-200/2.8 VR alternative.

As a side note....these images remind me of why I am keeping the D700. Images from the 36mp D800E are great, but the D700 is still a wonderful camera in its own right.

Gary

At 105mm (hand held)

At 200mm (hand held)

Last edited:

Here are a couple shots from my cousin's wedding. Shot with D800E and 50 1.8 AFS. I was just sitting my the seat, snapping a few pics with the new camera. I didn't really see any moire issues. These were also just jpgs. Didn't have large enough cards to shoot raw...I'll try and test it out some more this weekend.

T.Karma

Thanks Tim! It's been a while since I've shot anything but an RZ and I can't believe the quality of files from such an easy-to-use camera. I'm pretty stunned.
Yeah, we are all stunned.
The pics look very good, BUT I have to say it: Your other portraits had some magic that I do not see here. Just saying it. ;)

FredBGG

Not Available

First few files with my D800... lenses just came this afternoon... both these with the new 85/1.5 G. I'm pretty gobsmacked by these files when not compressed for online viewing.

Window light

Cheers!
Shelby
Shelby

I really like these two portraits. Putting the technical quality aside for a moment...

I love the simplicity and the warmth of the expression. The use of natural light and natural tones. Really lovely work... images that will mean a lot to the subjects many years from now.

If they were my kids I would be thrilled.

Technically they are flawless! I also think that the agility of the camera helped you achieve what you did.

I am very happy with the Nikon 85mm 1.4G too.

FredBGG

Not Available

First day out with my D800E and I couldn't be happier! :thumbs:

All of these were shot with the 105/2.8G Micro-Nikkor. All hand held shots, most at f5.6 and ISO 200.

Gary

Thanks for posting these.

I have the 85mm 1.4G and love the lens, but it has a very specific look to it.
It sort of has a bir of a fantasy look to it. I like that most of the time, but wanted a lens as an alternative that is a bit more real and direct looking.
The sheer quality of the 105 macro is just the ticket.

OK off to order it now.

Edit:

It's almost silly how inexpensive that lens is...$900! And it has VR

The shot of the nails sold me ... such nice fall off and bokeh at 5.6

S

Shelby Lewis

Yeah, we are all stunned.
The pics look very good, BUT I have to say it: Your other portraits had some magic that I do not see here. Just saying it. ;)
I get what you are saying here... but just know these were in the first 10 shots I took with the camera... right after the UPS man delivered the lenses.

No reflectors, no set-up, no lights, no agenda... just "hey kids, step outside and let me snap a few shots."

One thing I will say... the RZ lenses still have something special that my current lenses do not. It will take some testing to find just the right lenses... maybe the 84/1.4 is the ticket. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.