The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeckert

Nice portrait! :thumbup:

That AF-S 85/1,4G is a fantastic lens!
Thanks :). Yeah, it constantly amazes me...thurr gonna have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Haha (at least, until the next wunderlens shows up. Lol)

Tomato and Mozzarella​

Nikon D3x | AF-S 85/1,4G | f3,5 | 1/100 | iso 100
Nom. That's some pretty food. If I hadn't just woken up, I would really want to reach into the screen. Nicely done.

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Some very nice work here in the thread.
Just picked up the D800 and so far I am impressed.
Here are a few images.

The Pali Lookout 14-24mm

Waikiki 70-200

Waikiki 70-200

Waikiki 70-200

BSEH

model from this afternoon. good kid. we're planning on shooting some more, and just hanging out as well. haha. he needed natural shots for Wilhelmina. has his second interview next week, and then is flying to nyc. interestingly...he currently stands about 5'11 (he seems to think 6', but he's no taller than me. haha)...but is seeing a chiropractor to fix his back up after an accident a while back, and will be nearly 6'2 after. insanity!

D700, ISO 400, 85/1.4G @ f/4, no retouch, just a minor crop. i knew the lens was sharp wide open, but good heavens is it prickly at f/4! this is diffused window light, with a 7' PLM as a reflector for fill (powered off).
:thumbs: model +lens is top and think you use both well.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

thanks Joe!
I almost always put an image through SilverEfex first.. usually with a warm to neutral split tone... often adding a little grain (never have liked 'clean' images... still shoot film for that reason). After conversion, I take a duplicate of the original color layer, put it on top, set it to Color mode, and dial it's opacity until I get the look I want
I really like how it gives you a somewhat "colorized B&W" look. Excellent!

bensonga

Just picked up the D800 and so far I am impressed.
Here are a few images.
Waikiki 70-200
I'm impressed with the D800 too.....and especially these images from Hawaii. I wish my "summer" in Alaska this year looked more like yours. 48 degrees and raining on my drive home tonight....definitely not weather for birds in bikinis on the beach.

Gary

Bildifokus

Thorkil, I used two images and mixed them together. One without oil and one with oil. The reason for using two images is that it get messy with oil running down the tomato and it did not look nice to me. The oil also gave some strange color to the tomato. :)

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thorkil, I used two images and mixed them together. One without oil and one with oil. The reason for using two images is that it get messy with oil running down the tomato and it did not look nice to me. The oil also gave some strange color to the tomato. :)
I think it looks better without the oil anyway.

ustein

Contributing Editor
D2x

From 2005 so I think it can now be published.

JUst for the fun of it: a gopher (needs teeth whitening)

Status
Not open for further replies.