The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_too

Hi everybody,

i'm very new to GetDPI and very new to Nikon.
My first images with D700/AF-S 50mm f/1.8G:

Last edited:

BSEH

BSEH, what's the red stuff? Does it taste good? Should I take a detour to CPH to taste it?
It's New York Lager from Nørrebro Bryghus... It's a delicious beer from just another Micro Brewery in Copenhagen - Yes try It Jørgen ..

I had "Happy Pig On Fork" to follow it Into me stomach :toocool: but forget to take a picture of the Happy Pig...

Lloyd

WAY behind here... been out of the country the past couple of weeks. Sadly, I didn't have a Nikon with me this trip. Some great stuff posted here everyone. Keep 'em coming!

dmeckert

So...I posted my d700 for sale. Within 30 minutes I had a local buyer. Less than 2 hours later I had an envelope of benjamins. It was like a drive by. I almost feel a sense of emptiness...like I didn't even get to say goodbye. Lmao.

Local event shooter who got champagned photographing LMFAO (the musical group responsible for "every day I'm shuffling" and "I'm sexy and I know it", in case there was any question) sent his d700 to Nikon and was in a panic. Checked out FM while filing his insurance claim, and BAM there's my ad. Fate, clearly.

Just thought I'd share. Gonna be weird going back to crop.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
@ Thailand or ZhuHui..?
Thailand, Bira Circuit in Pattaya. The race was a disaster. 4 cars went off and at least as many off and on again before they got their "Oil on Circuit" flag out, with the result that oil spread around the track and resulted in a big pile-up at the other end as well. Only then did somebody get the brilliant idea of red-flagging the race. In the meantime, track crew were running around on the track among the racing cars. There was even a rescue truck out there before the red flag came up :facesmack:
Safety car? Yup, they have one, a really nice Nissan GT-R. They probably didn't want to get oil stains on it :rolleyes:

Thailand, Bira Circuit in Pattaya. The race was a disaster. 4 cars went off and at least as many off and on again before they got their "Oil on Circuit" flag out, with the result that oil spread around the track and resulted in a big pile-up at the other end as well. Only then did somebody get the brilliant idea of red-flagging the race. In the meantime, track crew were running around on the track among the racing cars. There was even a rescue truck out there before the red flag came up :facesmack:
Safety car? Yup, they have one, a really nice Nissan GT-R. They probably didn't want to get oil stains on it :rolleyes:
I have a friend who also took a photo quite similar to yours.... isn't the same location...??

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have a friend who also took a photo quite similar to yours.... isn't the same location...??
No, that's the opposite end of the track, the beginning of the start/finish straight, but it was probably related. There was oil spill all around the circuit. The car I showed above was the one that started it. The ones you posted went off a couple of laps later, after half damaged cars had been racing around the track for a few minutes.

Here's one of those that went off at the south end, then on again. You can see the flames from the burning car in the background:

BSEH

So...I posted my d700 for sale. Within 30 minutes I had a local buyer. Less than 2 hours later I had an envelope of benjamins. It was like a drive by. I almost feel a sense of emptiness...like I didn't even get to say goodbye. Lmao.

Local event shooter who got champagned photographing LMFAO (the musical group responsible for "every day I'm shuffling" and "I'm sexy and I know it", in case there was any question) sent his d700 to Nikon and was in a panic. Checked out FM while filing his insurance claim, and BAM there's my ad. Fate, clearly.

Just thought I'd share. Gonna be weird going back to crop.
why sell him? and crop :eek: hope it's a D7000 ...

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

I'm impressed with the D800 too.....and especially these images from Hawaii. I wish my "summer" in Alaska this year looked more like yours. 48 degrees and raining on my drive home tonight....definitely not weather for birds in bikinis on the beach.

Gary
Bikinis in 48 degree weather would be a challenge. We are definitely spoiled here in Hawaii. Thanks Gary.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

stacks

click for native sizes

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/90 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

dmeckert

why sell him? and crop :eek: hope it's a D7000 ...
Bought it last year on CL at an absurdly low price that included an 85/1.8, 80-200/2.8 2-ring, and SB600...with the sole purpose of flipping it all. With the d800 release I lost about $200-300 profit, and with the d600 imminent, I didn't want to lose another $200-300. it was time.

I'm going back to a d300. I won't suffer that much...and it's fine for the seasonal gig I have fall and spring. I plan on shooting film all summer anyway on the M6 and gw690 (I'm tempted by the gx680, but I'm almost certain we won't get along. Haha)

JimCollum

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

just a quick comparison.. M9 w 50mm Lux preasph vs D800E Sigma 50 1.4

both at f8 @1/125th.. tripod mount, almost same capture area (had to move back about a foot with the Leica to frame about the same).

Leica, rangefinder focus, D800e LiveView

Not meant to be anything other than a quick, unscientific look at the two cameras

no sharpening in either, the rest were just default Lightroom settings (RAW captures)

jpgs, compressed @ 95

if i get around to it, i'll upload the RAW files (if there's a desire to play with those)

http://jcollum.com/d800/20120619_D800_DSC2587.jpg

http://jcollum.com/d800/20120619_M9_L1091887.jpg

BSEH

Bought it last year on CL at an absurdly low price that included an 85/1.8, 80-200/2.8 2-ring, and SB600...with the sole purpose of flipping it all. With the d800 release I lost about $200-300 profit, and with the d600 imminent, I didn't want to lose another $200-300. it was time.

I'm going back to a d300. I won't suffer that much...and it's fine for the seasonal gig I have fall and spring. I plan on shooting film all summer anyway on the M6 and gw690 (I'm tempted by the gx680, but I'm almost certain we won't get along. Haha)
aha.. have the same thinkíng on my D700 just getting it in the wait for D800, the D600 will make having a D700 like a owning a Porsche Cayenne in Greece :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.