The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimCollum

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Wow!

Hard to believe the colors are so different from these two cameras. Do you think it is due to the way the two cameras process the Jpegs?

The M9 shot looks over saturated to me but you are a better judge of how these two images compare to the original scene

Woody

If anything, it's how Lightroom processes the two raw files.. since both were fed into Lightroom 4.1, with default settings (the exception being sharpening, which was zeroed out)

the M9 is pretty close to accurate (this is from someone who's personal preference is for very mute colors in general). The building is *blue*. There are a few others who have visited this site (Fort Ord, skate arena).. Maybe there are some more pics of it floating around)

maybe next time i'll haul the Betterlight out and shoot it with that as well.

just4fun

My contribute with D800 and newly adapted Leica 100mm APO Macro Lens with Leitax mount, Picture was converted from NEF with only custom profile/resize and sharpen for screen at Lightroom output, hope you like the color as much as I do... it was the 1st test picture with the Lens

D800 # PC 28mm f/3.5 @ f/11 shifted 8mm # iso640 # 1/25s # hand held
Hong Kong .... so congested

Last edited:

ausemmao

Trip to Snowdonia last wek was a bit of a washout - heavy rain except on the last day. The D7000 took the rain quite well, kept shooting through it, and even survived a lens change or two (it was raining heavily enough we were gifted with a second river outside our hut!)

The haze in the first shot is rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.