The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Peeking eyes.
peering into the Shenzhen metro

24-120@65mm 1/250 f/4 iso 720
-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Blowing Grass, Shenzhen China

24-120@120 1/125 f/4 iso 220
Nice to have a walk-about camera.
-bob

Last edited:

Shashin

That's funny - my wife walked by when I was posting this and said "the trees are blue!" :ROTFL:

I was too lazy to fix it :D
Personally, the blue trees don't bother me--they are being illuminated by skylight and make a nice color contrast with the sunset.

ustein

Contributing Editor

>the blue trees don't bother me--they are being illuminated by skylight and make a nice color contrast with the sunset.

Personal taste of course. Try to print it :)

tashley

Subscriber Member

Have you guys heard of "The Blue Remembered Hills"? I think distant trees through UV haze look blue even to the eye, let alone the camera...

pophoto

Some more D800E shots:

Fog bank at sunset - 24-70mm f2.8 @ 70mm f5.6

http://mountainjoe.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v50/p244913456-6.jpg[/ might be overdone for some :bugeyes:

Cheers,[/QUOTE]

Don't need make a disclaimer for what just looks simply BEAUTIFUL!

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

I hope you don't mind, but if that background is really neutral...
just white balanced on it.
It's still a bit dark, and the color will fall in place better by fixing the gamma.

It's a bit flared though, so not much to be done there. It's a matter of taste, but I prefer to trim the bottom end, although that creates a tonal knee. Some people just prefer the slightly ethereal look of the flare. I gave this a knee, I thought that was preferable since it makes the hair stand out a bit.

JeffWarren

Hello All I just bought a PC-E 45mm f/2.8 this is one of my first shots.. upstairs out of a screen window looking down at my postage stamp southern California back yard.
F3.3 1/1000 ISO 100
I think I am going to like this lens once I get the hang of it.

DSC_7890.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.