The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Or is that "when you are in the darkness, keep mushrooms..."

That is the problem with spell checkers, they will OK everything as long as the letters make a word. What we need is intention checkers.

ustein

Contributing Editor

>What we need is intention checkers.

Yes, and onde that changes the text all the time my intentions change too :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Had a new to the business model the other day. Some quick grabs but these are really not truly WB but processed all in C1 . Not sure why folks are having color troubles. Some flash fill here but this one was with the 200mm F2 at F5. Have not airbrushed yet either but this lens is a laser and AF just does not miss often.

the rest are with the 85 1.4 G . I even got the sync speed unto 1/640 on one of them with the SB 910. Now that makes my day. But color looks perfect out of C1. Slightly warm but i'm leaving it.

No fill

Fill

Guy Mancuso

This is a throw away image but i got the SB 910 on camera up to 1/640 ISO at F5 with the 85mm on this. Mighty impressed it actually synced this high.

BenH

All beautiful images Guy. I personally like the slightly warm tone of these photos. It compliments the setting, model and bright sunlight already present.

Ben

Guy Mancuso

Thanks it was really early in the morning around 7 am by 8 am your baked, poached and put away for dead here this time of year. Its been around 110 the last couple days. Its hard fighting this sun but I am truly happy with the 1/620 sync that really makes my day. I am in screaming love with my 200mm F2. I really missed not having this type of lens for a few years. Ill be shooting about 5 thousand images in a couple weeks with stage lighting and this will earn its keep.

Thorkil

Guy, the unfilled one is by far the best, calm, relaxed, dreaming..!, and wonderfull light, spot on.
Thorkil

just4fun

I see some portrait work lately so I want to contribute one :)
It was shot with D800, natural light, with 300mm f2.8G VR

just4fun

Indoor with weak light, no flash, ISO6400 with 24-70mm f2.8, very light Noise reduction (about +10 in lightroom).

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Is it just my uncalibrated notebook or do many of the portrait type shots have a magenta cast to the light tones?
I don't quite have enough experience with this retina display to judge.
-bob

just4fun

Photo in #297
It was just straight from Lightroom with quick editing,
She's Asian and have a dark hair with some hi-light, I want to have her lower hair dark so it will contrast with the hi-light (hope you understand what I mean :)
This image is another in series, I process it with new color calibration (color checker passport) and open shadow a little more, tell me if you like or prefer this better?
Thanks

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

It was just straight from Lightroom with quick editing,
She's Asian and have a dark hair with some hi-light, I want to have her lower hair dark so it will contrast with the hi-light (hope you understand what I mean :)
This image is another in series, I process it with new color calibration (color checker passport) and open shadow a little more, tell me if you like or prefer this better?
Thanks

That looks much better to me.
Opening up the darks in hair improves the look of its texture considerably. Sometimes I brighten the highlights even more with a touch of dodging.
-bob

During a fun group shoot had an opportunity to photograph a few models with the D800, 70-200 and 14-24.
Late morning to midday lighting and windy conditions made for tough shooting so we had to be a bit creative.
Hope you enjoy these images:

Status
Not open for further replies.