The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

We've been surrounded by wildfires, and with hot, dry and windy conditions, they continue to rage. We've had smokey, colorful skies, but hardly worth it. My asthma has been giving me fits.

D3s, 24-70

BSEH

We've been surrounded by wildfires, and with hot, dry and windy conditions, they continue to rage. We've had smokey, colorful skies, but hardly worth it. My asthma has been giving me fits.

D3s, 24-70
rm9.staticflickr.com/8020/7487836184_808c3da59b_b.jpg[/IMG]

Love this one, color and the mood.. nice 4th july shot

rayyan

D3s, 24-70

Lloyd, our prayers are with you, your family and all others for their safety.

Kindest regards.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
We went trainspotting at our favorite trestle a week or so ago. Alas, the bridge was there and we were there (the trip started at 2:30 AM!) but the train never showed up. So we decided to hike to the top of nearby Borestone Mtn. (it's the knobby hill near the left edge of the B&W shot). My knees are still remembering the near-vertical climb!

BenH

Nice images. Sorry that you have to breathe the crud though. Hope the fires are gone soon.

D3s, 24-70

Lloyd

We went trainspotting at our favorite trestle a week or so ago. Alas, the bridge was there and we were there (the trip started at 2:30 AM!) but the train never showed up. So we decided to hike to the top of nearby Borestone Mtn. (it's the knobby hill near the left edge of the B&W shot). My knees are still remembering the near-vertical climb!
Looks like fun, Tim. Really nice set.

Nice images. Sorry that you have to breathe the crud though. Hope the fires are gone soon.
Thank you Ben. :salute:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

South East Light, Block Island R.I

ISO 400, moonlight key nearing dawn rose on horizon
-bob

Oamkumar

Hi friends,
I am waiting for my D800E and this is the first time I'm going to use a Nikon gear. So I have to buy all the lenses for my use. I would like to know whether the D800E and AF-S 105mm f2.8 micro combination would work fine for portrait / fashion photography? Or should I go for 85mm f1.8? If I go for 105 micro, it will serve the purpose of product photography. but fashion.. please advice!
Thanks..

T

torkri

One of my first pictures with the D800 and 24-120 f4.

The foreground were very dark, just lifted the shadows in Apperture. Incredible dynamic!

Handhold ISO 100, f11, 1/25, shot in RAW

Magic

Hello,

I just joined this forum and got my D800 in April. Before I had a D700 for 3 years.

Both photos were taken at the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Greetings, Jurgen

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Hi friends,
I am waiting for my D800E and this is the first time I'm going to use a Nikon gear. So I have to buy all the lenses for my use. I would like to know whether the D800E and AF-S 105mm f2.8 micro combination would work fine for portrait / fashion photography? Or should I go for 85mm f1.8? If I go for 105 micro, it will serve the purpose of product photography. but fashion.. please advice!
Thanks..
I currently use the 2.8/60 as my general purpose lens on the D800E (very sharp and flexible and a great Macro) and the 1.4/85 for portraits (also an excellent lens on the D800E). I really can recommend both lenses. I do not know the 1.8/85, so no feedback on this one, except that I do not really trust the cheaper (non Nano coated) designs on the demanding D800E, but I might be wrong. You should try it.

I used to own the 105 Micro back in my D3 / D700 days and I really liked this lens, only sold it because I once more had changed gear. So I expect it to be great on the D800E as well.

stickan1

I have had my D800E now for four days and really like it. I have been using a M9 for the last two years so it was fun to do some macro again. Zeiss MP100/2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.